• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trey

I'm never going to be stylish enough to get into that boutique T_T

You need to visit ALL buildings in the city :/
At least that's what I think...gather more experience with the town (Rough translation of what was said in German) is supposed to mean...

Yeah, visit every building in the city, just to be safe. If you get to the press building, a lady lists off all the attractions in Lumoise in each avenue. I think that's a good list to go from. Also, there are signs that tell you what are in each avenue at their entrance from the boulevards.

Korosenai

20 hours in and i've finally got an ev trained Adamant Chespin, Modest Goomy, and Brave Honedge. So i'm finally going to move past the day care center and actually play the game lol.

Professor Sycamore won't mind if I send him these right? XD
jbglyuZM5DBbIn.jpg

(Btw if your wondering why I blacked out my Pokemon, it's because I didn't want to spoil the 3rd evolution for Froakie for anyone)
Mega Evolutions are significantly stronger for anything you can get in-game. If you use them regularly, it shortens the shonen-esque transformation sequence.

Oh, I didn't know that. Looks like I need to mega-evolve a couple of times then.

KHlover

Banned
Yeah, visit every building in the city, just to be safe. If you get to the press building, a lady lists off all the attractions in Lumoise in each avenue. I think that's a good list to go from. Also, there are signs that tell you what are in each avenue at their entrance from the boulevards.

I need to make myself a checklist. I think I visited everythink, but apparently I didn't. smh...

Picked up X yesterday, and I seriously haven't played a Pokemon game since the Fire Red on the GBA. It feels good to be back in, but I do remember why I stopped playing in the first place: too many variables in place to determine the quality of your Pokes. I've decided to forget about natures, EVs, and all that crap this time around, and just enjoy the game. It's not like I'm ever going to play competatively or anything, so I'm not sure why I got so hung up on that shit to begin with.

Also, Froakie/Charmander combo ftw!

Magnus

Professor Sycamore won't mind if I send him these right? XD
jbglyuZM5DBbIn.jpg

(Btw if your wondering why I blacked out my Pokemon, it's because I didn't want to spoil the 3rd evolution for Froakie for anyone)

Oh, I didn't know that. Looks like I need to mega-evolve a couple of times then.

I believe it automatically begins using the shortened animation sequence after the first time you mega-evolve each particular Pokemon.

Can I just add how fucking awesome it is that the battle system is the zippiest it's ever been, despite the transition to 3D? I was sure it was going to crawl like crazy, or be overblown with insane camera angles and shit that took forever.

I mean, I've kept animations on. I haven't done that since RBY.

Got X & Y yesterday along with my 2DS (for bus rides to/from work).

Only to the first gym in each (I get to a gym and/or important breaking point and switch to the other and get to that same point before continuing in the first game), but I'm impressed so far.

Really annoyed you can't ditch the hat from what I'm reading, though.

ffdgh

Oh, well in that case, sure.

I really don't have much to offer in return, though. I'm just playing through the single player right now. Haven't started breeding or anything like that.

Nah I don't need anything special so send whatever. 4768-8177-0708.

Berordn

I believe it automatically begins using the shortened animation sequence after the first time you mega-evolve each particular Pokemon.

If you remove the stone and don't use their mega evolution for a while after that it'll show the full sequence again, but only once.

Man, I love the whole Pokémon Amie thing. I was taking care of Charmander/Charmeleon with it because, "why not?." I was having a bitch of a time on one of the gyrms, and Charmeleon held out with 1 HP because it didn't want to disappoint me and I was able to turn the tides of battle and win. Right after the battle he ended up leveling up.

*tear*

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
So I chose the fire starter cos fire Pokémon are usually rare compared to grass and water and what do I find, the normal flying Pokémon I caught at the beginning has just evolved into a fire flying Pokémon! AHHHH! Sod's Law at its finest!

Once again I turn to you wonderful people on my hour of need, I'm in the glitter cave(?) but I'm not sure where to go, there is a boulder I can move but I can't access it right now.

StayDead

Do you have to go to the top half of the city to do that? if you do that's why it's not working for me yet :p

You can beat a level 3 game in less than a minute with a Pokemon with 0 EVs? I find it hard to do great damage. My gut feeling is level 2 is the fastest up to a few hundred EV then level 3 becomes slightly faster but I'm not good enough to do it in 30 secs (plus there is the animations).
I found it becomes a lot easier to alternate between the two stats you want as you work your way up since it seems every stat (even speed) increases the points you earn on the targets, and also seem to help you in certain ways depending on the stat (I think speed makes you move faster? special attack lets you fire more before your cooldown drains? Attack does something with charge shot? I don't have any concrete proof, just stuff that seems like they improved based on my experiences so far.)

MicH

30 Tyrunts bred, 0 Adamant

I swear this game knows exactly which nature you know and makes it as hard as possible to get

I mean, I've kept animations on. I haven't done that since RBY.
I personally keep it on only for trainer battles. Random encounters I like to finish quickly.

Animation off speed feels slightly slower than Gen 3 but much faster than Gen 4.

I found it becomes a lot easier to alternate between the two stats you want as you work your way up since it seems every stat (even speed) increases the points you earn on the targets, and also seem to help you in certain ways depending on the stat (I think speed makes you move faster? special attack lets you fire more before your cooldown drains? Attack does something with charge shot? I don't have any concrete proof, just stuff that seems like they improved based on my experiences so far.)
What I meant was my fully charged shots were doing total EVs worth of damage when I was training (maybe there is a minimum or a few hundred) and in secret ones seem to do 2 highest stars worth (I've not checked with a reset bag but the number seems to be about what that should be).

But certain Pokemon might have an easier time (I've seem some with faster shots).

Fireblend

Banned
Is the distance difference between the first and second gym ridiculously long or is the whole game this long? Seriously, I'm 15 hours in, and 3 towns past the one with the first gym and the second one is nowhere in sight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom