• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.
By reading this thread I feel like I am one of the few who is training 8 pokemons on my first adventure (early EXP god sent!). So far I have found a few new favourite ones. Dropped my starter disco frog as he was dull after he evolved and I have no interest in training old pokemons yet.

This is my first Pokemon game I've put more than an hour in (4 hours in at the moment) but is it supposed to be this easy? I still don't get why I'm catching pokemony when my evolved starter Pokemon is doing just fine.

Granted I'm used to SMT games where you "collect" demons to fuse. Here I'm just catching cute critters and sending them to my PC box.

Am I missing something?

Dr.Hadji

Probably been said before, but I love the reworked old-gen Pokemon cries.

Granted I'm used to SMT games where you "collect" demons to fuse. Here I'm just catching cute critters and sending them to my PC box.

Am I missing something?

Well I'd say if you're looking for challenge or some meaningful outcome only from beating the game then I'd say you're missing out on the best parts of the game. Everyone has their own reasons for playing. Personally, I love discovering various Pokemon's potential through battles.

Apenheul

OMG it's been years since I've made an impulse purchase like with Pokemon Y. I was pretty determined to wait until I had finished Soul Silver and Emerald, and possibly Pokemon Z or X2 or whatever would be around. But apparently my frontal cortex temporarily shut down when I saw the box, picked it up, bought it and forgot about it until I was home. Really scary.. fortunately it's a good game.

This is my first Pokemon game I've put more than an hour in (4 hours in at the moment) but is it supposed to be this easy? I still don't get why I'm catching pokemony when my evolved starter Pokemon is doing just fine.

Am I missing something?

No, with enough levels your starter could plow through the entire game solo if you wanted. You make teams for either fun or competitive battles against other people.

DigitalOp

Banned
I fucked up and made my Honedge learn Cut earlier because I was too lazy to find an HM slave.... I've been missing good freakin moves just because that ish takes up a slot and can't be removed...

Anyone know where the Move Deleter and Move Relearner are? I just hit Route 12... How far am I away??

I need to go back for that Staravia for Fly... Damn it.... Such a regret. Don't bog your team down with HM moves.... Ughhhhhh

First friend safari was crap (Bibarel, Floatzel, and I have no idea on the 3rd). Second one was slightly better (Fletchinder, Pyroar, and Magmar). Trying to find more friends. 2062-9351-1313

DMG-01

You have to use the train in Lumiose(post-game) to get to there initially then you can Fly there.

Wow, I didn't even know there was a train station in that town! It's easily the worst city in any Pokémon game ever due to how easy it is to get lost. Thanks, again.

Raknar

Neo Member
Just got to the friend safari. Looking for friends. :D

Derek

2062-9351-1313

Hey guys, I know I'm really late, but add me! I've been sucked in and haven't been on GAF in a few days.

MY FC: 3024-5265-5661

Added you both.

Feel free to add me anyone. 4699-5662-4798.

This is my first Pokemon game since Sapphire and it has been great so far. Just finished the 6th Gym. Having fun learning about online battles and breeding as it's all new to me.

zewone

Posting my friend code.

I breed a lot, so I have a ton of rare Pokemon and starters, if you're interested in something, let me know.

I'm looking to boost my Safari Zone by adding more friends.

Hook a brother, up.

2509-1990-6539

BraXzy

No one PM'd me the first time I posted this but hopefully someone wants another friend :D

My Friend Code: 1950-7815-8421

Throw me a message and I will add straight back! Also,
just got to ride Rhyhorn, so awesome!

I decided to start SoulSilver to check on my breeding Dittos, some of which I got from here three and a half years ago. I had saved inside a store, and there was this guy with a green hat. Apparently, I hadn't picked up the event Celebi yet. I checked and stats/nature are determined upon reception. It's lvl50 so it's easy to check IVs.

It's going to be a long night.

Sats

Banned
So apparently there tons of different hair options you can get at the Salon depending on which boutique and outfits you are wearing.

No one PM'd me the first time I posted this but hopefully someone wants another friend :D

Posting my friend code.

I breed a lot, so I have a ton of rare Pokemon and starters, if you're interested in something, let me know.

I'm looking to boost my Safari Zone by adding more friends.

Hook a brother, up.

2509-1990-6539

Added.

Trakan

Added you.

Here's my friend code for anyone else who wants to add me.

3754-7542-6443

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom