• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

emb

How often do you need to use Waterfall in this game?
I don't think it's even required. Maybe once or twice at worst.
~220 Chespin later... finally my old friend. I don't even care if the nature is shit it finally worked.

BWtM09yCUAAAWXr.jpg
:O Jealous!

StayDead

okokok so I caught myself a male modest eevee. Now all I need is a female modest eevee from another region (I've got a Japanese copy) so I can start breeding for a shiny one. I've only ever bred for a shiny once, that was in Diamond and Pearl with a Diglett and after 100 eggs I gave up. Not this time Pokemon, not this time! I know of the Masuda method now :p

Can anyone help me with a foreign female modest eevee?

I went this whole game and haven't even posted my FC yet lol.

Mr Funny Bro
3883-5344-1972

If anyone has a Squirtle I'll trade you for Chespin, Bulbasaur, Finnekin, or Spiritomb.

Ibuki

Banned
Gratz! It was worth it after all!

Like 20 minutes ago I was so convinced I would never get one. I also said I wouldn't go through it again. I think I lied. Post E4 I am going for another. :p

The only bad thing is I stopped before Gym 2 to get this shiny. I am so far behind, but on the other hand I have soooo much game left.

I think Blue Basculin is exclusive to X, and Red to Y. Anyone want to confirm?

Go to Victory Road, 1st cave area and fish there if you have X, I'm curious.

emb

Like 20 minutes ago I was so convinced I would never get one. I also said I wouldn't go through it again. I think I lied. Post E4 I am going for another. :p

The only bad thing is I stopped before Gym 2 to get this shiny. I am so far behind, but on the other hand I have soooo much game left.
If you only went through ~220 you're pretty lucky. Shouldn't it take about 4,000 on average? Or maybe they really have upped the probability.

I've only gotten two shinies myself - a bidoof and a boldore. Gigalith is kinda cool, but the bidoof kinda ruins life. :(

Ibuki

Banned
Shiny Chespin is adorable. I want one! I need to get a regular one first so I can start breeding though. Anyone want an Eevee for one? :D

I have literally over 200. Add me for one. Pick any nature/gender. Only my Adamant Female is off limits. Surprisingly enough, it almost took as long as a shiny for a female adamant. :p

2208-4425-4567

I have literally over 200. Add me for one. Pick any nature/gender. Only my Adamant Female is off limits. Surprisingly enough, it almost took as long as a shiny for a female adamant. :p

2208-4425-4567

I'll take anything, nature and gender are not important to me :3 Thanks, I'll add you now ^_^ My ID is in my avatar :D

Aggrotek

2208-4425-4567

I'll add you in a second. I need a chespin.

Tusk

Still needing a dusk stone if anyone can help. :p

By the way, it seems the "Gotcha" trick still works. (Yes, it's a real thing, for those that didn't know.)
Just say Gotcha clearly into the mic (not like right up against the mic though) when the pokemon is about/is just going into the ball, and it'll almost always stay in.
Been doing it all day, and have caught everything I went for without any trouble.

By the way, it seems the "Gotcha" trick still works. (Yes, it's a real thing, for those that didn't know.)
Just say Gotcha clearly into the mic (not like right up against the mic though) when the pokemon is about/is just going into the ball, and it'll almost always stay in.
Been doing it all day, and have caught everything I went for without any trouble.

Oh you...

Tirael

2208-4425-4567

Can I grab one as well? Nature/gender doesn't matter.

2552-1098-4530

emb

Cool, wasn't aware of that one.

I'm glad to see the button version makes a return too. I mean, it's been there since RBY, but I always worry they'll take it out. After more than a decade, I still don't always get the timing, it's kinda sad lol. It's still the same button combo too, just input it right when the Pokeball opens/hits them.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Jesus, the Fletchling family has a terrible moveset...Level 32 and the only good Flying and Fire moves are Peck and Ember. :/

Hopefully when Fletchinder evolves to Talonflame it gets some good shit.

2208-4425-4567

Could I please have a male one? :D :D

Not sure which Nature I'd like...but it seems like a wash between Adamant, Careful, or Impish? Can anyone comment on what might be best? And I can't add you at the moment because I'm at work but as soon as I get home I would be able to.

2878-9747-1017 :)

While I'm posting, I have a question about Absol. Absol can have either Super Lucky or Pressure as an ability. I am trying to catch one with Super Lucky but every one I encounter after the first cave area seems to have Pressure. Am I just getting super unlucky (pun intended) or does this ability need to come out of breeding or something?

thinking about the battle themes... gym is great, even though it seems a bit out of place lol.

rival battle theme is weeeird. It's almost rainbow road ish. Don't get why there are notes from your possi theme in there too ( i do dig that though).

zoukka

2208-4425-4567

1375-7562-6652

I would love for a good nature for it too. Is adamant the best for chespin?

Tan

Jesus, the Fletchling family has a terrible moveset...Level 32 and the only good Flying and Fire moves are Peck and Ember. :/

Hopefully when Fletchinder evolves to Talonflame it gets some good shit.

38 Talonflame here. Still using Peck and Ember.

Apparently the move relearner yields some nice stuff though.

Berordn

How long does it take to get your account processed on Global Link? Been two hours now since I signed up.

I tried three days ago, but then they did the long maintenance, which I guess reset everything and had me confirm info again. Going on four hours now :/

Going to contact them if it isn't fixed by tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom