• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MegaMelon

Wow, just caught a pokemon thats version exclusive to the other game. Not that it matters as I have both but it's nice for everyone with one version

DMG-01

Public service announcement:
The IV Judge is in the Kiloude City Pokécenter.
I repeat, the IV Judge is in the Kiloude City Pokécenter.

Long shot here.

Any X players not fussed for their Tyranitar Mega Stone? I'm quite keen to get one, willing to trade any one of the Y Mega Stones for it (Houndoom, Heracross, Aggron, Charizard, Mewtwo).

Revven

Okay got everybody that added me earlier. Currently standing at 65 friends atm, might remove some that haven't been on for days/weeks or something (need to do a clean up) then I'll see what's left after that.

Got myself a Timid Houndoom via GTS for one of my Pupitars, pretty cool!

Oh, I guess I should mention I have some extra Pupitars lying around so if you have like... a Froakie, Squirtle, Bulbasaur, or any X exclusive Pokes I'm willing to trade off one of my Pupitars for any of them. They're around lv. 44-46 I think atm. Preferably for a good nature but if it's a neutral nature Poke that's fine too.

Let me know if interested!

Rflagg

I want to start trading and adding peeps thanks. I don't really have many Pokemon or anything too special atm though. Anyone on Gaf feel free to add me
2638-0688-8298

For people that are trading do you grab more then one type of Pokemon before you trade?

Saprol

kouNNQR.jpg
I see the medals from Gen V were moved out here. Situation got a little dicey when I was unprepared for Earthquake.

Growlie19

So anyone else not able to do Global Link stuff? It says my information is still being processed, and it's been like this since Monday.

In actual game news, I've begun my mass capturing of the Kalos dex. I'm up to over 100 in total, but no shinies to report. I've also been trying out the Friend Safari. Managed to catch an Adamant Trapinch with perfect special attack.

No one should ever even own a Gourgeist, ugliest thing ever

But seriously I don't know.

Pumpkaboo is crazy cute though and I need something to fill the vacant slot on my team since Malamar turned out to be hot garbage in anything other than Double Battles :(

On that note, would anyone be willing to help me evolve my Pumpkaboo? Many thanks in advance!

Pumpkaboo is crazy cute though and I need something to fill the vacant slot on my team since Malamar turned out to be hot garbage in anything other than Double Battles :(

On that note, would anyone be willing to help me evolve my Pumpkaboo? Many thanks in advance!

What was your issue with Malamar? Bad moveset? I just got one.

I want to start trading and adding peeps thanks. I don't really have many Pokemon or anything too special atm though. Anyone on Gaf feel free to add me
2638-0688-8298

For people that are trading do you grab more then one type of Pokemon before you trade?

Added!

Man there are so many pokes to catch. Every route I go to has tons of pokemon! Between that and super training, it's gonna be slow going for me haha.

Korosenai

Yea, I do agree that Pumpkaboo is one of the cutest pokemon this gen and I also agree that Malamar is hot garbage. I had high hopes for Malamar too, I was wanting to put it on my team ever since I first saw it.

And i'd help you out but I don't know how to evolve Pumpkaboo.

Raven77

Is there a guide yet for this game available at any stores???

This is my first pokemon game since Silver so I am basically completely lost with all these new mechanics like the "nature", breeding, etc.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
One from the starter and the other you can buy from this dude in Lumiose city.
Can you buy another one for the Kanto starter you chose? That way someone could have two stones for the same Pokemon (say Charizard X) and then give the spare one to someone (say me).

A coworker may get a 3DS soon. If it works, I'll try to convince him to buy Pokemon X, pick Charmander, get the second stone and gift me one of them.

MegaMelon

Can you buy another one for the Kanto starter you chose? That way someone could have two stones for the same Pokemon (say Charizard X) and then give the spare one to someone (say me).

A coworker may get a 3DS soon. If it works, I'll try to convince him to buy Pokemon X, pick Charmander, get the second stone and gift me one of them.

It works like:

Chose Charmander got Charizard X
Then you can buy Venasaurite

You can buy the stone for the starter weak to yours

What was your issue with Malamar? Bad moveset? I just got one.

It was looking to be an awesome Sp. Attack wall, but it turned out to be a slow physical attacker with mediocre defenses and a meh moveset. It's really awesome in Double Battles, as it can literally turn the tide of battle with Topsy Turvy (which changes the target's debuffs into buffs and vice-versa), and spam Superpower with its Contrary ability in order to boost its stats really high.

In-game though, it just wasn't what I was looking for in so many ways.

Yea, I do agree that Pumpkaboo is one of the cutest pokemon this gen and I also agree that Malamar is hot garbage. I had high hopes for Malamar too, I was wanting to put it on my team ever since I first saw it.

And i'd help you out but I don't know how to evolve Pumpkaboo.

Just trade it back to me, thanks :)

I think it officially release on the 22nd.

Originally it was the 12th, then the 16th, now it's the 19th.
Hopefully Prima isn't gonna pull teh same shit they've been doing with the KH1.5 guide (hint: it's still not out, a month a half after the game was released.)

But apparently it does not have a Pokedex in it!

Pumpkaboo is so adorable, then it has to turn into that.... thing.

It's got a pretty cute face, and it'd be downright adorable if it weren't so rail-thin. I'm looking forward to trolling in battle with Trick or Treat and Shadow Sneak, though >:D

Thanks, dude!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom