• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.
hF4B24DD6

Oh, GameSpot...

LAA

Still waiting for ShopTo to process my order. I did only preorder last week though, will that affect it at all? Haven't used them before.

I pre ordered from them only 5 days ago actually...
Havent processed my order yet either. I shop with them most of the time though, you should get it a day early. No idea when they plan to ship it though. Saturday is an odd release date... I dont know if they'll ship it tomorrow or on thursday.
We should hopefully both get it a day early at least anyway if we're lucky :D

Havent processed my order yet either. I shop with them most of the time though, you should get it a day early. No idea when they plan to ship it though. Saturday is an odd release date... I dont know if they'll ship it tomorrow or on thursday.

They should be taking payment today and shipping tomorrow :) I ordered mine back in July for reference

Zalman

I think the UK guys won here. I ordered from ShopTo as well, but even if they ship my game tomorrow, I won't get it until Saturday (Friday if I'm very lucky.)

I think the UK guys won here. I ordered from ShopTo as well, but even if they ship my game tomorrow, I won't get it until Saturday (Friday if I'm very lucky.)

Aw man :( Well, their first class (default) option is 1-3 for UK, so they cover themselves, even at the latest it's going to arrive on launch day.

?oe?oe

I've gone from TeamChespin to TeamFroakie to TeamChespin to now TeamFennekin. I think I'm going with Fennekin.

Less than 3 days until my midnight download!

Zelias

Banned
FWIW I ordered last night and mine is already processing (Y version)
Shouldn't make a huge difference. I changed my preorder to X last week and mine is already processing.
Cool, thanks for the responses guys. Guess I'll just wait and see.

DigitalOp

Banned
I've gone from TeamChespin to TeamFroakie to TeamChespin to now TeamFennekin. I think I'm going with Fennekin.

Less than 3 days until my midnight download!

I could tell you a secret that will totally help you make up your mind about your starter....

Hehehehe

Fuck these leaks.
(Non Spoiler)

scottnak

Question from someone who hasn't played pokemon in a long long time...
Can a person play with / trade with a person from another region?
(Ex: My US 3DS with a Japanese 3DS?)

ash_ag

Question from someone who hasn't played pokemon in a long long time...
Can a person play with / trade with a person from another region?
(Ex: My US 3DS with a Japanese 3DS?)

Yep.

Likely unnecessary detail: The only region that couldn't communicate with other regions in Gen IV (and I believe V) was Korea. That was probably due to Korean characters not being on non-Korean versions of the games. Considering that Korean is even a language option in XY, it's safe to assume that this has been fixed.

Andrax

Banned
Ok, since everyone else is doing it...

I dropped my shopto order because it wasn't being processed/money taken

I went with "thehut" and paid for next day delivery, ordered at 7:30pm (before 8pm cut off)

and

it's coming tomorrow (9th).

Amazing.. but won't they get into loads of **** for breaking the street date?

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
How does a Midnight release work? I've never been to one and I guess according to that GameStop site, mine is having one?

When can I actually pick up the game?

hort

Neo Member
So with the Pokemon bank not holding items, if I wanted to start a new game later on but not lose my torchic with its megastone would I have to trade it to someone and then they trade it back or is there another way to do that?

How does a Midnight release work? I've never been to one and I guess according to that GameStop site, mine is having one?

When can I actually pick up the game?

Heres what you should do. Go around, 10 or so and get your ticket and pay off the game, come back around 12 and pick up your game. Leave. Thats the best way to do it, and really limits the amount of time you stand in a line.

Also, alternative. Call your gamestop and see if they're doing the ticket thing.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Do we know which DS games will offer the transfer to the Pokebox later this year? Only Black and White 1+2? Gold/Silver remakes? Diamond Pearl?

blamite

Awesome, but should I get there a little early to stand in line? When will it be too late to pick it up?

I'm so nervous that I'm gonna miss out. :0

It probably depends on how many people re gonna show up but at the previous Gamestop midnight releases I've been to they wanted you to come a bit earlier to fully pay off the game and/or pick up a final receipt so that at midnight you can just show them your receipt, pick up your copy and get outta there. It'd probably be fine if you showed up at exactly midnight but showing up 20-25 minutes early is probably a good idea.

Oh boy oh boy oh boy, so close!

I'm STILL undecided as to whether or not I'm going for X or Y. I was on Team Y since the announcement of the games way back in January, but ever since Megazard X was shown I've ben so torn.

This was posted in the Polygon article as the main image.

Oh man... I would have been pretty happy if those were the evolution!

I find it odd that they couldn't have dropped a line to Nintendo asking for some high res PNGs or something though. :/

Oh boy oh boy oh boy, so close!

I'm STILL undecided as to whether or not I'm going for X or Y. I was on Team Y since the announcement of the games way back in January, but ever since Megazard X was shown I've ben so torn.

You can always trade for him I'm sure. If your heart is with Y, then go with it.

Also... I appreciate you still support Lewd Prude Leaf.

Anteo

So I just found out 3d battles only work on 1v1. =(
I really really love 3d on the 3ds and this is seriously making me reconsider. Maybe for the best, maybe I could get tw101 first and poke later

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Damn it, I just heard from a friend I haven't talked to in months, and she wants to meet up on Saturday for lunch. I went the responsible, not-totally-anti-social route and told her I'm available, but it's gonna be hard to rip myself from Pokemon. I think I'm gonna cancel my Gamestop pre-order and go pick it up at a store that opens earlier on Saturday, haha.

Symphonic

I really really love 3d on the 3ds and this is seriously making me reconsider. Maybe for the best, maybe I could get tw101 first and poke later

3D has been and will always be additive. I love 3D and am bummed it's not utilize in X/Y but it takes nothing away from the game by not having it.

Have had my review copy for 8 days now, has anyone else had it crash their 3DS? Only when playing this game I've had it shut down my 3DS completely once in standby and twice in gameplay, still had 3/4 battery. Wonder if its just an issue with the downloadable version and will be patched.

My gamestop is doing a midnight for this. you sure your isnt?

I asked and they said no. Its a pretty small Gamestop so that is part of it. Plus a 3DS title isn't exactly big news even if it is Pokemon.

They pretty much only do console game midnight releases. That or preorders weren't that good at my local gamestop.

Oh well, didn't plan on staying up all night anyways on Friday.

ramyeon

Damn it, I just heard from a friend I haven't talked to in months, and she wants to meet up on Saturday for lunch. I went the responsible, not-totally-anti-social route and told her I'm available, but it's gonna be hard to rip myself from Pokemon. I think I'm gonna cancel my Gamestop pre-order and go pick it up at a store that opens earlier on Saturday, haha.
I hear you. I had some friends ask me out for dinner/drinks on Saturday night. Couldn't say no but some part inside of me hates the idea.

Get w101 first, Pokemon can wait a little while for another contributor to its millions of sales.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I asked and they said no. Its a pretty small Gamestop so that is part of it. Plus a 3DS title isn't exactly big news even if it is Pokemon.
I live near the biggest Gamestop in Portland and they're not doing a midnight launch. I think it's mostly due to Pokemon attracting a younger audience, many of whom have to be in bed well before midnight, haha.

Anteo

3D has been and will always be additive. I love 3D and am bummed it's not utilize in X/Y but it takes nothing away from the game by not having it.

Yeah, as I'm not a big pokemon fan and have not played since Yellow, this has pushed it from Day 1 to I'll get it later

Symphonic

Have had my review copy for 8 days now, has anyone else had it crash their 3DS? Only when playing this game I've had it shut down my 3DS completely once in standby and twice in gameplay, still had 3/4 battery. Wonder if its just an issue with the downloadable version and will be patched.

My girlfriend's 3DS has been doing this outside of Pokemon, at least the standby crashing.

Yeah, as I'm not a big pokemon fan and have not played since Yellow, this has pushed it from Day 1 to I'll get it later

You should wait for Z, to be honest. Will be out in a year or two and they might add 3D to more stuff, and there will be a lot of extra content.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom