• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NEO0MJ

I guess that makes it easier to reset for a good nature :/ kind of takes the fun out of it though :p

I won't miss struggling to capture a legendary only for it to have an undesirable nature or bad IVs. It's not like you can breed them, other than Manaphy

Korosenai

The entire line is amazing. Helioptile is just the cutest thing ever, and Heliolisk is beautifully slick and probably one of the most brilliant concepts of the generation.

Heliolisk is also an absolutely monstrous sweeper, which definitely adds to its appeal for me ;P

I will agree that he is pretty cool, and I love its typing.

Pudge

A couple of questions for a Slowbro who hasn't finished the game yet.

1. How many PC Boxes are available in this game? I assume more unlock as you fill up these, but they ARE trying to sell you storage space in December.

2. How rare are the really big Pumpkaboos? I'm bummed that one of my favorite Gen IV Pokemon is saddled with this ridiculous gimmick, and I've settled on just getting one in the post game to use in the inevitable Pokemon Z/Ruby 2/X2.

3. How many other people didn't realize that Cut was in the hedge maze at the palace garden? I completely bypassed it and had to have a friend tell me where it was later on.

4. Is there a moveset for Doublade out there anywhere? I have one in the early 40s that I love, but I don't want to evolve it too early and miss out on a sick move. Unless Aegislash is like the Eevee Evolutions and keeps learning moves, in which case I will evolve him when I get home.

Esura

Banned
What's a good flying and/or water Pokemon that would compliment my team of Delphox, Gardevoir, Venusaur, and Snorlax? Had a Lucario and Blaziken in there but didn't want em.

Phailzon

Neo Member
iCIIv9Q.png

Damn, does Yveltal have an easy capture rate or something? All I did was use Ice Beam once with Aurorus (went to low yellow) and it only took one ultra ball :/

I ended up catching Zygarde with one premier ball while it was still at yellow health, so yeah catching legendaries seems pretty simple in this game. No more spending hours chucking ultra balls at rayquaza.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
iCIIv9Q.png

I ended up catching Zygarde with one premier ball while it was still at yellow health, so yeah catching legendaries seems pretty simple in this game. No more spending hours chucking ultra balls at rayquaza.

not only that you can use the capture O power

ramyeon

Can't seem to find any of the mega stones... I am playing at night, I beat the E4... Why am I unable to find any mega stones?
Have you met Sycamore at the Sun Dial? Has he upgaded your Mega Ring? Are you looking in the right places? Is it not just night but specifically between 8pm and 9pm?

Can't believe people are missing the 8pm-9pm thing lol Sycamore specifically states when he upgrades the ring that it'll only find the stones in the hour when the sun dial is lit up.

Ultimadrago

Say, anyone mind giving me a quick primer on breeding? A lot of people are doing it in this thread, and while I've crossed the daycare plenty of times with Battle Chateau grinding, but not much clue on the nuances of the system, like passing down natures or the like.

Sure. You put a male and female of the same egg group together to get an egg that's species of the female (or whoever's not the Ditto if breeding with Ditto). To get an egg once two prospects are in the Day Care, you must take 256 steps for a chance that an egg will appear.

You will know when you have an egg when the man facing the fence normally is turned facing the street. You may roller skate or use the bike to shorten this step time immensely.

When you finally get an egg from the man outside, you must put it in your party and take steps to hatch it. There's a list of steps taken to hatch any one egg here. Of course, use a bike for this if you are going for the long haul. However, you can shorten the steps needed by half if you have the egg(s) in the same party as a Pokemon with "Flame Body", a battle ability with an extra feature. An easy catch for this is Fletchling's evolution. Fletchinder.

When the egg has hatched it will be of random nature and mostly IVs (there are ways to control both). You may force the Nature to be passed down if the female (or Ditto if breeding with one) holds an Everstone, found in Geosenge Town.

Benefits include, having a chance to pass down good IVs from parents, passing down moves that normally couldn't be learned, passing down Hidden Abilities, having a greater chance of getting a Shiny (though Masuda method) and having a chance to catch a good nature for a Pokemon you want if the parent had an undesired one. I may have made a few goofs on some details, but that's the gist of it from my time with the system.

iCIIv9Q.png

Caught a xerneas with a pokeball. Took me 5 tries.

critical capture too

Shoyz

YESSSSS

First shiny since gen1, and it's one of my two favorites: Pumpkaboo :)
Was looking for the final 3rd Pokemon in a Safari, wasn't even trying to find one. Safari shiny odds might be higher after all.

ramyeon

When the egg has hatched it will be of random nature and mostly IVs (there are ways to control both). You may force the Nature to be passed down if the female (or Ditto if breeding with one) holds an Everstone, found in Geosenge Town.
You can force nature if the male holds an everstone, too. Gender doesn't matter for that anymore.

You get to live.

What's victory road like? I just got through the Team Flare HQ and I'm on my way to the 8th gym.
Kinda seems to go on forever. Nice amount of trainers to give you that last few lvl ups. Quite a few nice pokemon too.
Got a lvl 59 Haunter. Only HM I recall is swim needed. Other wise strength comes in handy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom