• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

789shadow

Banned
It seems that a lot of new Pokemon are lacking evolutions that should be there. Heliolisk is literally "2nd stage evo: the design" but nope.

Sora_N

After 2nd gym how long do I have to wait for a Clauncher? I made myself a Vaporeon first but prefer to use a new Pokemon instead.

Always thought I was able to overwrite it when learning a new move through leveling. It's not like the HM isn't forced to stay in your Inventory. It's literally impossible to get stuck due to that, no reason we shouldn't be able to overwrite them.[/QUOTE

For some reason if HMs can't be overwritten at certain areas you can get stuck.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Oh, don't worry, he'll get an evolution/mega evolution next gen that will turn him into Ray Mysterio with feathers.

Nah man, tizoc.

tizok-k3.jpg

TWILT

Banned
Woo, I'm the champion! Even though I was incredibly overleveled for the fights, it still felt really good, especially the scene that happens after you become champ. The Elite 4 music and Champion theme was awesome too.

Team was:

• Reanbell the Pikachu♀ (Level 74)
  • Azure the Charizard♂ (Level 81)
  • Cynthia the Goodra♀ (Level 70)
  • Rebellion the Aegislash♂ (Level 71)
  • Mia the Sylveon♀ (Level 83)
  • Strider the Greninja♂ (Level 86)
Here's how my trainer looks:
Guess I'll do some postgame training next!

Feep

Banned
Can anyone tell me (behind spoiler tags) if there's really anything worth playing toward in the second half of the game, besides the usual Elite Four/Champion/Legendary march? I'm having a lot of trouble working up the enthusiasm to keep going. It's so...identical.

Sorry to be a downer. I just...need to know. = (

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Can anyone tell me (behind spoiler tags) if there's really anything worth playing toward in the second half of the game, besides the usual Elite Four/Champion/Legendary march? I'm having a lot of trouble working up the enthusiasm to keep going. It's so...identical.

Sorry to be a downer. I just...need to know. = (

Nope, it's still pokemon.

If you don't enjoy the inherent concept behind it, or the much more robust online options this time, it's going to be very identical for you.

SmashBro

Banned
Woo, I'm the champion! Even though I was incredibly overleveled for the fights, it still felt really good, especially the scene that happens after you become champ. The Elite 4 music and Champion theme was awesome too.

Team was:

• Reanbell the Pikachu♀ (Level 74)
  • Azure the Charizard♂ (Level 81)
  • Cynthia the Goodra♀ (Level 70)
  • Rebellion the Aegislash♂ (Level 71)
  • Mia the Sylveon♀ (Level 83)
  • Strider the Greninja♂ (Level 86)
Here's how my trainer looks:

Guess I'll do some postgame training next!

What moves does your sylveon have?

Feep

Banned
Nope, it's still pokemon.

If you don't enjoy the inherent concept behind it, or the much more robust online options this time, it's going to be very identical for you.
I have to admit, trading with friends has been a lovely improvement. Not having to go to a Pokemon Center = boss

Fury Sense

Hmm. Seems the way to get a Shedinja has changed...
I evolved nincada at 20 with 2 open spots in my roster and like 40 pokeballs on hand. I read that it requires 1 slot and 1 pokeball on hand. Not sure if it was different before

edit: it did work

I hate sturdy so fucking much. Fighting a 53 Bonsly with my 80 tyrantrum. I get him to 1hp because he has sturdy, and he uses counter and 1 shots my Tyrantrum. -_-'

Dear GameFreak:
You are evil, horrible people. I cannot fathom what could possibly have driven you to create such a system as you have. In your game, I have been driven to continuously whore out the magical abilities of the item known as "Amulet Coin" to wring dry my adversaries of their wallets, all to fuel my addiction for something that should normally be completely worthless. As of entering the town of the 8th gym, I have already spent around p800,000, an absurd amount to ever even obtain in most Pokemon games, and have even resorted to selling Poke Drugs like Iron and Calcium to continue propelling my ever spiraling descent into madness.
Sincerely, Screw you

tl;dr: Dress up is fun.

I know, right?

So disappointed when I caught him, looked him up in the pokedex and didn't see an extra space after it

Hawlucha don't need no evolution. He's already the second most badass Pokemon ever.

So, I'm surprised that GameFreak felt like making a legendary that could essentially one-shot my whole team. Then again, I only had one Pokemon who wasn't weak to either flying or Dark. Which was Pikachu. Who has laughable survivability.

Atlantis

After a couple days of soft-resetting I finally got my shiny Fennekin!

I can actually start playing the game now. T_T

That's dedication.

I'm currently too lazy/bored to keep resetting for a good natured Bulbasaur. Game Freak needs to stop putting these event Pokemon behind a long cutscene wall.

Artemisia

Banned
Stefan™;86360059 said:
Its ability is everything. Slaying with Dragon Pulse + Dark Pulse + Water Pulse + Aura Sphere

dddd I forgot it could get dragon pulse. I should get that to slay dragons while I'm waiting for the ice beam tm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom