• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.
HtjaZuUl.jpg

Man dat nostalgia.

SegaShack

Pink 3DS and Y in my Amazon cart .. finger hovering on the mouse ... really shouldn't be spending money ... someone convince me.

I love Pokemon but don't spend money like that on impulse, if you should not be spending than absolutely do not do it. Buying things when you shouldn't be never ends up well for anyone. You would be happier day to day knowing that you have that money in your bank than owning a video game system.

I know on a place like Gaf you are exposed to tons of great games and enthusiastic fans who buy things Day 1, but it's never a good idea to get into the habit of buying things when you should not.

sister's gonna try to pre-order tomorrow (she's in NY)

im guessin she should be fine otherwise to go grab each on saturday itself right

I'd imagine she should have no trouble finding copies on Saturday with or without a preorder. Though if you want the poster preorder bonuses then make sure to get it in before Saturday. I believe the Gamestop preorder is the Kalos double-sided map poster and an additional Pokemon timeline poster if you get both X and Y.

Tablo

Hmmm, it would be 200~ for a 2DS+Pokemon X+2DS Pouch thing

Not sure if I can do that this weekend, but I'll sure try :p

Nintendo: Making me buy their handhelds and only every play Pokemon on them since GBA SP and Leafgreen.

Dartastic

I live near the biggest Gamestop in Portland and they're not doing a midnight launch. I think it's mostly due to Pokemon attracting a younger audience, many of whom have to be in bed well before midnight, haha.
Usually the Gamestops that do midnight launches out here are on 82nd. Fuck that.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
If hat is not removable I am cancelling preorder.
Yeah, that's seriously disappointing. If they're going to let us customize our character why force something like that on us?

Usually the Gamestops that do midnight launches out here are on 82nd. Fuck that.
Yeah, too far away for me. I'm just gonna roll outta bed at 8am and walk over to Fred Meyers.

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
Yeah, that's seriously disappointing. If they're going to let us customize our character why force something like that on us?

Yeah, too far away for me. I'm just gonna roll outta bed at 8am and walk over to Fred Meyers.

Especially if you can see them hatless in the salon. I'm holding out hope though.

... And all GameStop gets are some posters... I would kill (well... maybe) for that case...

I'm hearing that some midnight launches might have a ton of starters (Kanto and Hoenn at least) available for download. Not sure if they are some sort of code card or what, but that's the scuttlebutt.

Can someone help me understand something? I saw this on the website about Torchics.

http://www.pokemonxy.com/en-us/pokemon/torchic_distribution/

But it doesn't seem to explain how I can actually get it. Is this only going to be available on Oct 12 via the network or what?

I believe the game gives you an option to connect to a wifi service through an in game pc or menu, you are then prompt to get your torchic. It will start oct 12 and be available to get until the promo expiration (which I believe is in January, I don't recall specifically but im sure you will have plenty of time)

Can someone help me understand something? I saw this on the website about Torchics.

http://www.pokemonxy.com/en-us/pokemon/torchic_distribution/

But it doesn't seem to explain how I can actually get it. Is this only going to be available on Oct 12 via the network or what?

Some pages back, someone posted a photo of an unpacked retail version. Inside was some sort of instruction on how to download it. All you probably have to do, is connect to Nintendo Wi-Fi wherever it is available and download it. It will be availabel till January 15, 2014.

Is this the consensus? How much is a 3DS/Pokemon will come out for? I really might get one in the next month if people are really saying it's the best one out in a decade.

I'd sell you my 3DS after I beat Pokemon. I hardly (sadly) use mine and I really only want to play X/Y then sell it to help me pay for next-gen endeavors.

Speaking of gifted Pokemon. Can the Shiny Giratina at Gamestop be transfered to my Pokemon X? Its available until the end of the month and is level 100.

slash3584

Im thinking about buying this, but I still haven't finished B&W or B&W2, would be a good idea play those and later buy this one? I just really want the most content packed pokemon game I can get right now

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Im thinking about buying this, but I still haven't finished B&W or B&W2, would be a good idea play those and later buy this one? I just really want the most content packed pokemon game I can get right now

Better finish those first. Hard to go back on older games.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Yeah, I struggled with HG after playing Black 2 :( Only succeeded because Heart Gold, outside of the slow battle system, is the GOD of Pokemon games <3

Hell, I struggled playing SS after BW and BW2 because my brother wanted a damn Chikorita. Gen IV's Fast Text No Animation is damn slow vs. Gen V's Fast Text with Animation. Pretty much stopped at Blackthorn.

Hell, I struggled playing SS after BW and BW2 because my brother wanted a damn Chikorita. Gen IV's Fast Text No Animation is damn slow vs. Gen V's Fast Text with Animation. Pretty much stopped at Blackthorn.

I thought I had the text set to "Slow" somehow, I really did. Who the fuck thought that would be a good idea?!

Nope, it'd have to be transferred to Pokemon BW/BW2 I imagine. Then you can transfer it over to X in December.

Why is that? You think that the Shiny Giratina would be an incentive to pick up the new Pokemon. Guess I'll have to depend on someone transferring the Giratina to me.

Busaiku

After getting Black, I realized I still had to capture pretty much all the legendaries and transfer everything over from Heart Gold.
I caught Suicune and quit.

I really hope these games aren't slow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom