• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate that the slogan is "Gotta catch 'em all" and they purposely prevent you from doing that if you only buy one copy of the current game.

Soodanim

After getting Black, I realized I still had to capture pretty much all the legendaries and transfer everything over from Heart Gold.
I caught Suicune and quit.

I really hope these games aren't slow.
Oh God yes, these games need speed as an option. When you're done with the story and animations and just want to grind, you want as little as possible slowing you down.

I hate that the slogan is "Gotta catch 'em all" and they purposely prevent you from doing that if you only buy one copy of the current game.
Get it right, its gotta catch 'em all over again...or was it gotta cash 'em all?

I do not mind the trading parts; especially since breeding came into existence. In gen 1 the Eevee thing was the real luckshot (without any collaboration; the three of us each used a different stone).

What I don't like is it will take about 3 other games in Gen VI (and about 4 years) to get to a point someone really could catch 'em all using that gen alone. At least the bank means they don't need two systems...

Also version exclusive legendaires need to go away. G/S got it right so long ago...

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Bah, seems like I won't be able to get the game early in the stores here.

Tempted to go digital. It's released midnight right?

ramyeon

Bah, seems like I won't be able to get the game early in the stores here.

Tempted to go digital. It's released midnight right?
Yeah I've been hoping places would start selling it here in Australia at least tomorrow or Friday but it's looking less and less likely as time goes on.

I'd go digital but they're charging $70AU for it again, and there are places here selling it for $45AU :/ looks like I'll be waiting till Saturday morning.

Antiwhippy

Yeah I've been hoping places would start selling it here in Australia at least tomorrow or Friday but it's looking less and less likely as time goes on.

I'd go digital but they're charging $70AU for it again, and there are places here selling it for $45AU :/ looks like I'll be waiting till Saturday morning.

Wait really? Argh, goddamnit nintendo. At least stay consistent for your eshop releases. :(

Where are you finding it for $45 in australia if I may ask? Anywhere in melbourne?

ramyeon

Wait really? Argh, goddamnit nintendo. At least stay consistent for your eshop releases. :(

Where are you finding it for $45 in australia if I may ask? Anywhere in melbourne?
Oh you're in Australia too? Yeah I was hoping they'd stick with the $60 price point but that only lasted a short time... Big W's having a sale on it for $45! Cheapest price I've seen yet.

I do wonder why they raised the eShop price by £5 for arguably the most widely anticipated title for the 3DS yet... (I don't agree with it by the way, it's just not hard to see the thought processes at work)

Antiwhippy

Oh you're in Australia too? Yeah I was hoping they'd stick with the $60 price point but that only lasted a short time... Big W's having a sale on it for $45! Cheapest price I've seen yet.

Oh wow. I guess I'll drop by on saturday and see if I can score any copies. I'll keep my ebgames preorder just in case though.

It kind of pisses me off though with the way they are handling eshop stuff here in australia. Soul hackers and EO4 are $45 in EB but on the eshop they are $70. Wut?

My Amazon order finally switched to be dispatched soon, yay!
Getting it day -2 is still better than nothing, I guess.

Where do you live if you don't mind me asking? :)
Waiting for my order as well and am not sure whether to go looking for a store which sells early. If Amazon starts dispatching now, I won't bother.

Antiwhippy

Just show them the Big W catalogue should be enough! There's a digital version on their website already. Most places will know about it already though, so you may not even need that.

Alright, I'll check in tomorrow and just get the whole thing paid off.

chronosic

I'm so rattled that there's no midnight release for the physical copy, I need to buttchug this game. What kind of preorder bonuses are going around? Preordered at EB here and you only get a poster for preordering both editions. Pretty weaksauce

An Amazon order dispatching more than a day before release? Christ alive.
Poster said dispatching soon. Here in the UK a friend of mine had his George Foreman grill stuck on that status for about 3 days. The best part is you can not cancel.

Typically for me with games if I order first class they dispatch on Wednesday for a Friday release, otherwise Thursday for free delivery. Its been a while since I did a day 1 game with Amazon though (and since then their dispatch times in general have become sluggish).

Kouriozan

Where do you live if you don't mind me asking? :)
Waiting for my order as well and am not sure whether to go looking for a store which sells early. If Amazon starts dispatching now, I won't bother.

I'm from France and used the Amazon Premium trial to get the fastest delivery for free.
Will post an update if it's dispatched today. So far Amazon.fr always dispatch the same day when you get that status.

weredog

Neo Member
So, I preordered a digital download with GAME here in the UK. Any idea what time or when they send out the codes? Midnight on the 11th or is it earlier?

ITT: People who bought from ShopTo gloat about getting their copies early.

Yeah. I'm jealous. :(

If it makes you feel any better, I won't be getting mine until tomorrow night at the earliest since ShopTo won't let you send to your non-card address until you've sent two orders, and my card address is my parents house :(

EDIT: Just found out my email program automatically Junk'd ShopTo emails. Explains why my surprise copy of New Leaf I forgot I ordered was so surprising...

I'm from France and used the Amazon Premium trial to get the fastest delivery for free.
Will post an update if it's dispatched today. So far Amazon.fr always dispatch the same day when you get that status.

Thanks! I'm in Germany and I had a couple of Amazon orders dispatch on Wednesdays before, I hope this one will too.
I was just worried because of the Saturday release they would send the games out on Friday but it looks like that isn't the case :)

ramyeon

If it makes you feel any better, I won't be getting mine until tomorrow night at the earliest since ShopTo won't let you send to your non-card address until you've sent two orders, and my card address is my parents house :(

EDIT: Just found out my email program automatically Junk'd ShopTo emails. Explains why my surprise copy of New Leaf I forgot I ordered was so surprising...
Haha I gotta wait 'till Saturday probably. There is a midnight launch in my town but I'm not sure if I'll be going to that.
What the hell is up with Europe getting the game early... >.< We in the US are screwed... :/
Australia, too. Europe doesn't seem to care about the embargo, Nintendo's been making sure there's not a single leak down here though.

Haha I gotta wait 'till Saturday probably. There is a midnight launch in my town but I'm not sure if I'll be going to that.

Australia, too. Europe doesn't seem to care about the embargo, Nintendo's been making sure there's not a single leak down here though.

That's likely because most retailers like Big W, K-Mart and Target can't mistakenly break street date because their systems are hard coded to prevent sales. Wouldn't even scan on the registers until Saturday.

ramyeon

That's likely because most retailers like Big W, K-Mart and Target can't mistakenly break street date because their systems are hard coded to prevent sales. Wouldn't even scan on the registers until Saturday.
Yeah I've heard of a few people getting to the check out at Big W with copies but the register won't process the sale.

Dragoshi1

I'm trying to decide between a spanish naming theme for my Pokemon, or a Japanese one.

Usually, I name them based on what they look like or their Pokedex description.

Yeah I've heard of a few people getting to the check out at Big W with copies but the register won't process the sale.

Take that with a grain of salt. We don't get new release Nintendo stock until a day or two before release, at best. Regardless, if it did come in early, it's unlikely that it would have been invoiced, unpacked, gutted and shelved so quickly. ;) I know we'll have 49 copies each, of X and Y.

So, I preordered a digital download with GAME here in the UK. Any idea what time or when they send out the codes? Midnight on the 11th or is it earlier?

Echoing this question, really.

Also, any news yet on whether Pokemon with live PKRS will lose it in the bank? I'd hate to have to contract it anew in XY when I have a perfectly good carrier in my box on White 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom