• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.
3 more days.........

Damn it......

Welp, While the lucky ones play on, everybody who doesn't have the games should rate Generational Tropes!

Psudeo Legendary : Tyranitar > Haxorus/Hydregieon? (who is the psuedo?) > Garchomp > Salamence > Dragonite

There are TONS of catagories but I gotta get to work! Lol. Ill post more later!

Hydreigon is the Pseudo Legendary for Gen V. Also you missed out Metagross!

any leaked videos/impressions on battles with animations off? Is it just like how it is now, you attack, enemy flashes health goes down etc?

You can turn off battle animations although I haven't seen any videos of it off in the leak thread.

Zeekaas

The 3DS is such a great system and has such a good library, it'd be a shame to only play Pokemon on it, as good as it looks. Look into Luigi's Mansion, Fire Emblem, Mario 3D Land... not to mention a ton of great exclusive digital-only games. Anyway, I've played on both and the XL is a huge step up, IMO. My hands got really cramped from holding the small regular 3DS, and the general shape/design of the XL is just plain better. The screen looks a tad more pixelated, but I don't mind because the screens of the regular 3DS are just too small in comparison.

Hmm I never minded the size of DS, but my hands did get cramped. And as I will sink a lot of time in the pokemon games again €20 extra isn't that much for some extra hand comfort. I think I will go for the XL.

Also have to admit that Mario 3D Land does look great. Never been a huge fan of fire emblem, but maybe I will try it again.

entremet

3 more days.........

Damn it......

Welp, While the lucky ones play on, everybody who doesn't have the games should rate Generational Tropes!

Early Rodent : Patrat > Zigzagoon > (Bunnelby) > Bidoof > Rattata > Sentret

Early Bird : Starly > HootHoot > Pidgey > (Fletchling) > Taillow > Pidove

Early Bugs : Spinarak/Ledian > Weedle/Caterpie > Kricketot/Burmy/Combee > Wurmple/Nincada > Sewaddle/Venipede > Vivillion (blarg)

Iconic Electric Rodent : Pikachu (of course) > Emolga > Marril/Pichu > (Dedenne) > Parichisu > Pluse/Minun

Psudeo Legendary : Tyranitar > Haxorus/Hydregieon? (who is the psuedo?) > Garchomp > Salamence > Dragonite

Version Exclusives : Clauncher/Skrelp > Zangoose-Shiftry-Mawile/Ludicolo-Seviper-Sableye > Scyther-Electabuzz/Pinsir-Magmar > Urasang-Gligar/Skarmory-Donphan > Mandibuzz-Gothitelle/Reuniclus-Braviary > Skuntank/Purugly

Fossils : Tyrantrum/Aurorus > Omastar/Kabutops/Aerodactyl > Archeops/Carracosta > Cranidos/Bastiodon > Armaldo/Lileep

There are TONS of catagories but I gotta get to work! Lol. Ill post more later!

" " is the Pseudo for X/Y.

Haxorus not really a pseudo, but close. Pseudos have a Base Stat Total of at least 600.

3 more days.........

Damn it......

This seems fun!

Early Rodent : Bidoof (for sheer HM Slave capability) > Zigzagoon > Sentret > Rattata > Patrat > Bunnelby

Early Bird : Starly >>> HootHoot > Pidove > Fletchling > Pidgey > Tailow

Early Bugs : Kricketot/Burmy/Combee > Wurmble/Nincada > Sweaddle/Venipede > Vivillion > Weedle/Caterpie > Spinarak/Ledyba

Iconic Electric Rodent : Pikachu > Plusle/Minun > Pachirisu > Emolga > Pichu > Dedenne

Psudeo Legendary : Metagross > Garchomp > Hydreigon > Dragonite > Tyranitar > Salamence

Fossils : Tyrunt/Amaura > Omanyte/Kabuto/Aerodactyl > Anorith/Lileep > Archen/Tirtouga > Cranidos/Sheildon

Early Rodent : Sentret > Patrat > Zigzagoon > Rattata > Bunnelby

Early Bird : Pidgey > Hoothoot > Pidove > Tailow > Starly

Early Bugs : Caterpie/Weedle > Spinarak/Ledyba > Sewaddle/Venipede/Vivillion > Wurmple/Nincada > Kricketot/Burmy/Combee

Iconic Electric Rodent : Pikachu > Plusle/Minun > Pichu > Emolga > Dedenne > Pachirisu

Psudeo Legendary : Tyranitar > Dragonite > Metagross > Salamence > Hydreigon > Garchomp

Fossils : Tyrunt/Amaura > Omanyte/Kabuto/Aerodactyl > Anorith/Lileep > Archen/Tirtouga > Cranidos/Sheildon

Omanyte/Kabuto/Aerodactyl > Tyrunt/Amaura > Anorith/Lileep > Archen/Tirtouga > Cranidos/Sheildon

Go home Sinnoh Pokes, you all suck.

JackHerer

Early Rodent : Sentret > Rattata > Patrat > Zigzagoon > Bunnelby

Early Bird : Fletchling > Pidgey > Hoothoot > Tailow > Pidove > Starly ***I just realized that Pidove and Starly look almost exactly alike****

Early Bugs : Caterpie/Weedle > Spinarak/Ledyba > Sewaddle/Venipede/Vivillion > Wurmple/Nincada > Kricketot/Burmy/Combee

Iconic Electric Rodent : Marill > Pikachu > Pachirisu > Emolga > Plusle/Minun > Dedenne

Psudeo Legendary : Hydreigon > Metagross > Tyranitar > Dragonite > Garchomp > Salamence >
Goodra
XY

Fossils : Omanyte/Kabuto/Aerodactyl > Tyrunt/Amaura > Archen/Tirtouga > Cranidos/Sheildon > Anorith/Lileep

Got an e-mail 50 minutes ago that my Grainger games order is despatching today.

If the e-mail was sent late I might have it tomorrow. I'm expecting Friday though (I'm going to be back from work pretty late Thursday so it does not much matter in any case) with worst case Saturday.

Raxious

Rushing through Black 2 right now, 1 badge remaining and I can go to the league. Gonna make sure that when the Bank releases, I'll be able to transfer every starter pokemon from every generation :D

pikablu

Still going through some of the post game stuff in White 2. Nothing serious though. Just caught a Heatran last night. Currently going to try to get some of those Regis. I already got Latias, White Kyurem, Azelf, Mesprit, Uxie, Tirtouga, Cresselia, Hidden Ability Evee, and that dumb Magikarp. Might go for the Shiny Dratini if I have time.

pikablu

Still going through some of the post game stuff in White 2. Nothing serious though. Just caught a Heatran last night. Currently going to try to get some of those Regis. I already got Latias, White Kyurem, Azelf, Mesprit, Uxie, Tirtouga, Cresselia, Hidden Ability Evee, and that dumb Magikarp. Might go for the Shiny Dratini if I have time.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
cts0j.gif

I can't wait

This game is SO GOOD.

The animations are charming, the music is FANTASTIC, I like the characters... and I'm only in the opening forest!

You'd better catch a Helioptile for me, y'hear?

Early Rodent : Sentret > Zigzagoon > Bunnelby > Rattata > Bidoof > Patrat

Early Bird : Taillow > Fletchling > Hoothoot > Starly > Pidove > Pidget

Early Bugs : Sewaddle/Venipede > Wurmple/Nincada > DELELELELWOOOOOOOP > Caterpie/Weedle > Spinarak/Ledian

Electric Rodent : Pikachu > Emolga > Marril/Pichu > Dedenne > Parichisu > Pluse/Minun

Psuedo-Legendary : Hydreigon > Tyranitar > Salamence > Garchomp > Metagross > Dragonite

Version Exclusives : XY > BW > RS > GS > RB > DP

Fossils : RAMPARDOS/some other chump > Tyrantrum/Aurorus > Archeops/Carracosta > Kabutops/Omastar/Aerodactyl > Cradilly/Armaldo

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Haven't played a Pokemon since Red and I haven't had a 3DS up until now. Should be an interesting change of pace.

pikablu

ZenTzen

i'm seriously considering getting a 3ds and these games, pokemon Origins anime special kinda renewed my love for this series, and i was done with the series since gold/silver, even have all the 151 on red, got Mew from a friend doing the copying trick, i'm just wondering how will i be able to get all the 700 something pokemons since i'm kinda of a completionist

The Lamp

i'm seriously considering getting a 3ds and these games, pokemon Origins anime special kinda renewed my love for this series, and i was done with the series since gold/silver, even have all the 151 on red, got Mew from a friend doing the copying trick, i'm just wondering how will i be able to get all the 700 something pokemons since i'm kinda of a completionist

You won't. At least not until December.

depths20XX

I couldn't get through SS because of how slow everything felt, especially the battles.

Looking at vids of this one it doesn't appear to be much faster...Hoping it won't get old fast.

I still don't understand why they haven't changed certain thing's about the battle system, why do we need text to tell us something was super effective? Just have a little crit symbol or something popup like every other fucking game. Speed this shit up.

gazele

Banned
I would be mad at us Americans getting the shaft, but then I think about getting the PS4 two weeks early, haha (still mad though)

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Any word on what the X/Y version exclusives are?

I've found lists with the X/Y pokemon themselves, but I'm more interested in which older pokemon are exclusive to one version or another. If anyone has a link, or a list they can spoiler tag that'd be awesome.

btkadams

honestly, unless you are going to blast through a couple previous games, don't expect to complete the entire pokedex in the near future. some pokemon are event exclusive, so you will either have to wait a long while for those or you will have to trade for them. there are supposedly a pretty large amount of older pokemon in these new games to help complete your pokedex, but you're still going to have to rely on trading for the others.

and, of course, everyone will have to wait until the end of december to be able to bring pokemon from the other games to x/y.

start with the easier goal of obtaining every pokemon available in x&y.

Berordn

I couldn't get through SS because of how slow everything felt, especially the battles.

Looking at vids of this one it doesn't appear to be much faster...Hoping it won't get old fast.

I still don't understand why they haven't changed certain thing's about the battle system, why do we need text to tell us something was super effective? Just have a little crit symbol or something popup like every other fucking game. Speed this shit up.

Gen VI battles are still significantly faster than Gen IV. Not sure how they compare to the super slick Gen V battles, since I haven't see any battles with visuals off yet.

They've done a lot to speed them up since they slowed to a crawl with Gen IV.

SeZMehK

Damn, no game I have and all the work I do is keeping me entertained while I wait for Pokemon X/Y to release... Damn, it's going to be a long day... :/

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
If ShopTo started sending them out on October 8th in the UK, that means some people may have gotten them today over there, right?

so is the bottom screen actually used for something unlike the pointless cgear or w/e its called in b2w2?

stick a map + some shortcut buttons down there would make like so much nicer.

Gigarator

If ShopTo started sending them out on October 8th in the UK, that means some people may have gotten them today over there, right?

They dispatched their copies today, mine included. You'll be seeing a lot of people getting their copies tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom