• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyeforce

so is the bottom screen actually used for something unlike the pointless cgear or w/e its called in b2w2?

stick a map + some shortcut buttons down there would make like so much nicer.
C-Gear, pointless?! D:

From what I understand, on the Touch Screen you can toggle between the Player Search System (upgraded C-Gear, essentially), Pokémon-Amie, and Super Training.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Super Training consists of minigames that you play to boost EVs as far as I understand. PSS, Pokémon Amie and the PSS are all their own screens that occupy the bottom screen. You can switch between them seamlessly, though. I think there are also some shortcuts on the PSS for things like saving and going to your bag and such.

tkalamba

So this is technically the first Pokemon game I would have bought since Gold...

Can anyone tell me anything I MUST know when I get the game? Pokemon has gotten to the point I have no idea what is going on anymore.

Berordn

Can anyone tell me anything I MUST know when I get the game? Pokemon has gotten to the point I have no idea what is going on anymore.

You just need to pick it up and start playing, and everything else will come after. Nothing competitive will matter for actually playing through the campaign.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member

They design these so that people who have never played a video game before can jump right in. I think you'll be OK.

Fireblend

Banned

It's still a game aimed at kids, not SpaceChem. Unless you want to get into pro-battling or something like that (which is not happening during your first playthrough), then you'll pick everything up on the way and be just fine.

tkalamba

You just need to pick it up and start playing, and everything else will come after. Nothing competitive will matter for actually playing through the campaign.

Whats the competitive scene like? How hard would it be to build a good team and actually stand a chance online?

HuntTheMusic

Neo Member
Picked my copy up today in the UK from my friendly neighbourhood indie games shoppy and just waiting for my XL to charge before getting stuck in.

Go team Froakie.

javac

Ordered 3 copies lmao. Got a copy of X from Game for the Pokeball. That was dispatched yesterday. I then got a copy of X and Y from Toy's R Us that hasn't been dispatched yet. I'm crazy.

dc89

Has anyone NOT had a despatch email from ShopTo?

I haven't, but when I log into my account it shows as completed with a little picture of the package :lol

I need reassurance. :(

Highwind

I haven't, but when I log into my account it shows as completed with a little picture of the package :lol

Most of us got the emails late.

I got it at 4pm for X and 4:30pm for Y :lol but they were both complete beforehand.

If it has the number 24 on the package then it coming tomorrow is a good chance.

dc89

Most of us got the emails late.

I got it at 4pm for X and 4:30pm for Y :lol but they were both complete beforehand.

If it has the number 24 on the package then it coming tomorrow is a good chance.

Yes, it has a 24 on the package. I paid the £1.99 for tracked delivery so fingers crossed! xD

Zelias

Banned

I was in the same situation. Turns out the emails ShopTo sent me confirming that they had charged me for the preorder and dispatched the game got caught in my email's spam filter, and I had to log into my ISP's webmail and look in my spam folder to get them.

Anilusion

How many PC boxes can you have, and how many Pokemon can each contain? The 720 slots you have in B/W wouldn't be enough to keep one of each anymore.

dc89

I was in the same situation. Turns out the emails ShopTo sent me confirming that they had charged me for the preorder and dispatched the game got caught in my email's spam filter, and I had to log into my ISP's webmail and look in my spam folder to get them.

I love you. Un-junior this user now. Thank you, thank you.

When was it dispatched?

They dispatched my copies on Monday after I ordered on Sunday when I saw tesco saying they had them in stock available for immediate delivery, thought it was worth a try and I'm glad I did.

Not sure on the maximum box number, when you start you have access to 7 boxes plus the battle box, I'm sure that goes up quickly tho.

My one thing I will say that already pleases me greatly with this game, it literally only takes one second to save opposed to the 40 seconds for the DS games

My one thing I will say that already pleases me greatly with this game, it literally only takes one second to save opposed to the 40 seconds for the DS games

Best news I've heard all week.

It's actually a bit tempting to go digital now, since that means gameplay would be almost truly portable with instant saves and no carts to carry. Oh well, I have my copies from Gamestop, and as long as they don't screw me over somehow, I'm getting both games (one for a friend) and that sweet timeline poster.

Tablo

Best news I've heard all week.

It's actually a bit tempting to go digital now, since that means gameplay would be almost truly portable with instant saves and no carts to carry. Oh well, I have my copies from Gamestop, and as long as they don't screw me over somehow, I'm getting both games (one for a friend) and that sweet timeline poster.

I'm with you on that, it's super tempting, but then you can't transfer save to a different system...I would really prefer having it digitally for the convenience of it, but I guess I'll have to get the cart to be on the safe side. Pokémon Bank sort of helps I guess, but not enough, I need cloud saves for my Pokémon/saves. Oh well...Phsyical media wins for once!

HuntTheMusic

Neo Member
The presentation is amazing so far. I was all ready to go Froakie and then I saw Chespin's happy little face in 3D and had to have him.

About an hour in. I spent 20 minutes poking Chespin in the belly on his stats page to make him grumpy though. I'm sure you could probably do that in the previous DS games but this is my first Pokemon since the mighty GBA days.

Robin64

How can UK stores pretty much ignore street dates? I'm just curious.
And Mad.

Brick and mortar stores are not ignoring the date. Only online retailers are because we don't get post on Saturday in most areas. If they didn't send them early, it would be Monday before we got them.

Piotrek

Hi there. I'm a first time Pokemon player. Could someone tell me, whether I should level grind in the early stages of the game or just let it flow on its own?
My MegaTen instinct tells me to catch everything that comes at me and grind it to keep a more or less equally leveled party. Is this the way to go in X&Y?

Hi there. I'm a first time Pokemon player. Could someone tell me, whether I should level grind in the early stages of the game or just let it flow on its own?
My MegaTen instinct tells me to catch everything that comes at me and grind it to keep a more or less equally leveled party. Is this the way to go in X&Y?

I prefer to keep an equally-leveled party. Sometimes that requires grinding, sometimes it doesn't. Keep in mind that a "party" can be anywhere between 2 and 6 Pokemon, though. Usually I train a party of 4 for the main game and keep another couple around for HM utility.

HuntTheMusic

Neo Member
Brick and mortar stores are not ignoring the date. Only online retailers are because we don't get post on Saturday in most areas. If they didn't send them early, it would be Monday before we got them.

I bought mine from brick and mortar today. Its a little indie that has been running for 20+ years but he did have them openly out on display for purchase.

FSLink

Banned
Let it flow. It's easy enough if you follow the type chart, it's not MegaTen.

Piotrek

Ok, so there's that - thanks. Now about catching - should I catch everything from the beginning or will I stumble upon the same Pokemon (but higher-leveled) in later areas?
That would be preferable but considering the sheer number of these little buggers the game has I doubt it repeats them across the land.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Ok, so there's that - thanks. Now about catching - should I catch everything from the beginning or will I stumble upon the same Pokemon (but higher-leveled) in later areas?
That would be preferable but considering the sheer number of these little buggers the game has I doubt it repeats them across the land.

It's easier to train them from scratch. Plus they'll be stronger due to EV's gotten while you raise them.

gazele

Banned

It's really up to you, I like catching the first of a new pokemon no matter the level, and then if I need to catch more so be it

Probably good to just ignore natures, EVs, IVs, and all that, male/female doesn't really matter either, at least early on

Busaiku

I'm debating whether or not I should try Walmart at midnight or just go to sleep early and pick it up as soon as Gamestop opens.
I mean if I get it at midnight, I'll be up till like 5, and then asleep till like 1, but I guess it would be charging...

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
For some reason I just ain't feeling it. I've bought each main Pokémon game day one but here I just haven't bothered placing an order.

I never finished White 2 so I wonder if I've just had too much for the moment.

But still maybe I'll place an order tonight off Amazon (yes I know I'll get it late) simply because I haven't bought a 3DS game since New Leaf.

Oh fuck! I just discovered there's going to be a midnight launch in São Paulo...I need to go there...I never dreamed the day I would go to a midnight launch in Brazil...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom