• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2012 Community Thread |OT2| This thread title is now under military control

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clevinger

Obama winning in November just got a whole lot harder. Romney base will be very emboldened.

This is a dumb myth. It being struck down would have energized them as well. Nothing short of Obama quitting the presidency and handing it to a person with a R by his name would deenergize those voters.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
The money quote from the section on the mandate: Our precedent demonstrates that Congress had the power to impose the exaction in Section 5000A under the taxing power, and that Section 5000A need not be read to do more than impose a tax. This is sufficient to sustain it.

Can't believe CNN hasn't changed their headline.

The money quote from the section on the mandate: Our precedent demonstrates that Congress had the power to impose the exaction in Section 5000A under the taxing power, and that Section 5000A need not be read to do more than impose a tax. This is sufficient to sustain it.

If this is true, how could you have 4 dissenters? Oh wait, forgot they're partisan hacks.

WHOOOOOO!!! Hey haters, EAD.

If this is true, how could you have 4 dissenters? Oh wait, forgot they're partisan hacks.

I think Scalia and Thomas have been consistent with their strict reading into "penalties," and wanting to roll back to prior precedent. (not sure on Kennedy) Ah well!

Still waiting on hearing how the medicaid provisions are limited?

So 5-4, roberts as the swing to the left, I really thought if roberts went, so would kennedy.

Also, my prediction strategy of Phoenix_Dark is always wrong continues to work! Hurrah.

rSpooky

Yeah umm ok. "Hey Obama, your signature piece of legislation will now be able to go in effect and has been deemed constitutional. What a bummer!"

Not to mention , boehner stated yesterday they wil repeal is even if court would let it stand.
So now Dem's have a reason to vote for their legislators and keep the repeal from happening . After a few years in effect repeal talk will die out.

codhand

images

suck it

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Obama winning in November just got a whole lot harder. Romney base will be very emboldened.

I expect this to be common wisdom in a few days. I think it's backward, and I think the GOP already used up their outrage on the issue in 2010. And I think conservatives will be mostly demoralized between this decision, an improving economy, and a popular President.

lol

Kosmo

Banned
Ruling was 6-3, FYI

"The court reinforces that individuals cant simply refuse to pay the tax and not comply with the mandate."

I cannot wait for the funding fight where we get to do all this again! Wheeeeeeeeeeee

LOL, I can se it now: "Just as the President refuses to enforce duly passed laws, the House refuses to fund duly passed legislation."

EDIT: I guess it was 5-4. Saw it 6-3 in one post.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
i Am hyped. Where is my digital checkbook. Bams is getting more money. I will have cheaper health care when the pools open up.

LOL! Unless you have some crazy preexisting conditions that is not going to happen. Healthcare will just increase at a slower rate, not get cheaper for no reason.

I expect this to be common wisdom in a few days. I think it's backward, and I think the GOP already used up their outrage on the issue in 2010. And I think conservatives will be mostly demoralized between this decision, an improving economy, and a popular President.

lol

Yea, already seeing a lot of, "yea, but Romney is going to win now, easily!" on facebook.

Whatever helps you all sleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom