• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2012 Community Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chumly

Very well said - except that I would say that Republicans believe Government is necessary, but just to a much more limited extent (defense, infrastructure, commerce). Clearly Both Obama and Romney want whats best for the country. Discussion here would be so much more engaging and enlightening if there weren't so many blind partisans...
Lol..... Kind of like when you dismiss people as partisans when you can't understand economics???

SomeDude

Banned
it's obvious that a certain parts of the country want the US to go in a more liberal direction whereas others want to go in a more conservative... so why are people so against states rights? why can others have single payer if they want? what if other states are hostile to mutlicutluralism and don't like it? why do we not have the right to choose? why are we being rejected our 10th amendment rights?

i don't know why we all have to think that all 50 states should be the same.

Discussion here would be so much more engaging and enlightening if there weren't so many blind partisans...
Is that you, David Brooks, High Arbiter of Seriousness?

Discussion would be more engaging and enlightening if more conservative posters were not so routinely intellectually dishonest or massively willfully ignorant. You can guess which category you're in.

So about the Tea Party not having a bunch of racist within its ranks:
Local tea-party meeting with racist joke opening, laughs for all.

Discussion here would be so much more engaging and enlightening if there weren't so many blind partisans...

Hilarious. Tell me, were your arms crossed when you said this as you made a "cool kid above it all" pose? Or did you go with the David Brooks wagging your finger move?

Like no one did pranks in high school. lol

Cool kid pose.

Chumly

it's obvious that a certain parts of the country want the US to go in a more liberal direction whereas others want to go in a more conservative... so why are people so against states rights? why can others have single payer if they want? what if other states are hostile to mutlicutluralism and don't like it? why do we not have the right to choose? why are we being rejected our 10th amendment rights?

Hostile to multiculturalism? Allowing thinly veiled racists to run a state how they choose? Sounds like we're just picking and choosing what laws we want to follow and don't want to follow. What happens when California grants all illegal immigrants citizenship? Is Arizona going to lock up that border also?

Hostile to multiculturalism? Allowing thinly veiled racists to run a state how they choose? Sounds like we're just picking and choosing what laws we want to follow and don't want to follow. What happens when California grants all illegal immigrants citizenship? Is Arizona going to lock up that border also?
My friend.

It's somedude.

By the way guys, yesterday Anderson Cooper clobbered Mitt Romney's spokeswoman. It was pathetic to watch. Here's the spoiler: She didn't know what CBO is (lols).

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician

Honest true question: would you be happier if we were essentially fifty separate countries?

Today's announcement about illegal immigration is amazing. He's going to get the Hispanic vote mobilized with this, since it's a huge step forward. How it'll affect younger Hispanics is obvious, but for their parents... Their parents will love this. Their children will have a shot at legitimacy, at long last. Hispanics, both young and old, will support this measure.

Today's announcement about illegal immigration is amazing. He's going to get the Hispanic vote mobilized with this, since it's a huge step forward. How it'll affect younger Hispanics is obvious, but for their parents... Their parents will love this. Their children will have a shot at legitimacy, at long last. Hispanics, both young and old, will support this measure.
Um.

I think you're being perhaps a little overly enthusiastic about what this change entails.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
If the people of North Carolina oppose multicutluralism then it's there right to choose this.

I'd really honestly like to know if you'd prefer fifty separate nations. It seems to be a running theme throughout your posts, what about the current union do you actually like?

SomeDude

Banned
I'd really honestly like to know if you'd prefer fifty separate nations. It seems to be a running theme throughout your posts, what about the current union do you actually like?

I don't like how we aren't following the constitution. And as long as were part of the United States I think we should follow it.

the 10th amendment says anything that isn't int he constitution should be left up to the states.

I raelly don't see how I'm anti-american. Mitt ROmney may have past a health care law, but he did it only to massachussets.

Interesting. Somedude has evolved from loony "will the crazy south secede" to loony "states should be able to do anything they want, it's in the Constitution" trolling.

ezrarh

I don't like how we aren't following the constitution. And as long as were part of the United States I think we should follow it.

the 10th amendment says anything that isn't int he constitution should be left up to the states.

I don't like how we aren't following the Book of Leviticus. And as long as were part of Christiandom, I think we should follow it.

Hey if every state had enough rights to be considered their own nation but still use the U.S. currency things would be great. Just look at the European Union. ...oh wait.

Why am I trying to argue with you?

That's what I always try to figure out when people bother with Kosmo.

Interesting. Somedude has evolved from loony "will the crazy south secede" to loony "states should be able to do anything they want, it's in the Constitution" trolling.

He moved from backwater Mississippi hillbilly to Ron Paul fan.

If they choose to oppose inter-racial marriage its their right too then?
Yes.

Really? You do know the amendments beyond 10 count?

Hey if every state had enough rights to be considered their own nation but still use the U.S. currency things would be great. Just look at the European Union. ...oh wait.
Or the articles of confederation.... which Europe looks a lot like.

watershed

Banned

I raelly don't see how I'm anti-american. Mitt ROmney may have past a health care law, but he did it only to massachussets.

So do you honestly disagree with Loving v. Virginia Supreme Court decision? And if so, on what grounds?

Chumly

So your are going to ignore everything else about the constitution based off the 10th amendment? The 10th amendment does not give a state to do whatever the fuck it wants. We already had the civil war and we don't need another.

FyreWulff

Looks like Obama passed Rubio's version of DREAM passed via executive order.

"while Republicans reacted with outrage that the move amounts to amnesty -- a negative buzz word among conservatives." -CNN

Man, how fast the conservatives abandoned George's plans.

They're also ignoring that there's actually only a two year deferral on deportation. So it's not actual amnesty in any sense of the word.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Lultz:

Bob Lutz has put Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney's numerous past comments about the automotive bailout behind him, according to Automotive News. During a recent episode of "The Kudlow Report" on CNBC, the former auto executive made it clear he now backs Romney for the 2012 presidential election, saying "[Romney] now says he was totally in favor of [the bailout] and suggested it."

He has maintained his opposition to the auto bailouts publicly along the campaign trail, and Lutz's comment is the first news we've heard of the candidate's apparent change of heart. As recently as February 18, Lutz himself criticized the presidential candidate for his stance, especially for suggesting that the automakers simply needed to borrow from banks.

http://www.autoblog.com/2012/06/15/lutz-stumps-for-romney-despite-opposition-to-auto-bailout/

Oh wait, were people under the assumption that every move Obama makes is not for political expediency?

Certainly not, this just reeks of such a blatant grab. Why wasn't this done years ago? I'd imagine the administration kept it in the card deck because Hispanics support Obama in such big numbers, and likely figured they wouldn't care about the timing as compared to the benefit.

It'll be interesting to see how Hispanic commentators/news reports on this, and how Romney reacts. In some ways this is like Rubio's watered down Dream Act.

Chichikov

Certainly not, this just reeks of such a blatant grab. Why wasn't this done years ago? I'd imagine the administration kept it in the card deck because Hispanics support Obama in such big numbers, and likely figured they wouldn't care about the timing as compared to the benefit.

It'll be interesting to see how Hispanic commentators/news reports on this, and how Romney reacts. In some ways this is like Rubio's watered down Dream Act.
Who gives a shit about the why, it's a move in the right direction, and that's what matter.

Check out Drudge's front page. It says this tracks closely to Rubio's plan. I don't normally give Obama props but this is brilliant. Not only is it good policy that helps Hispanics, it destroys Rubio's brand; he crrtainly can't be VP as the "blueprint" of this. Two birds with one stone

ezekial45

Banned
Check out Drudge's front page. It says this tracks closely to Rubio's plan. I don't normally give Obama props but this is brilliant. Not only is it good policy that helps Hispanics, it destroys Rubio's brand; he crrtainly can't be VP as the "blueprint" of this. Two birds with one stone

I can still see them picking him just to ride on the hype of picking a Hispanic for VP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom