• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2012 |OT4|: Your job is not to worry about 47% of these posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AniHawk

intrade jumped 4 points today for obama on the debate alone.

edit: i may have been looking at the wrong graph earlier. it's 2 points.

So about the Libya thing, didn't Romney know what Obama's exact words were from the Rose Garden? If not, why did he thought it was a great idea to bring it up?

Clevinger

He had to have seen how the first debate went and then the excellent job Raddatz did and the good job Candy Crowley did. If he has any sense he'll try to copy what these women did.

women moderators are kicking ass

I remember Gwen Ifill from PBS doing good last election as well.

Clevinger

So about the Libya thing, didn't Romney know what Obama's exact words were from the Rose Garden? If not, why did he thought it was a great idea to bring it up?

He was expecting the same mopey, non-confrontational Obama from the first debate and a moderator who doesn't do jack shit

pigeon

Banned

Neocons live in a bubble when it comes to foreign policy. They 100% do. You know how everybody keeps saying that Presidents have a bubble of agreement and aren't used to being argued with? Romney's foreign policy advisers, to a person, could walk into full-time jobs at Fox News. That's how reality-based their advice is.

XenodudeX

QogJH.jpg

This is going to be worse for Romney then the 1st debate was for Obama, I bet more people tuned in to see if Obama would flail and instead watched Rombot get a virus and lose his shit
And they get to put their hopes on the foreign policy debate next?

challenge-accepted.png

Tamanon

Banned

I'm guessing he thought he woudn't get challenged on it? It's just a silly position to take and made him look like an idiot.

That and his McCain moment of "Government doesn't create jobs! Government doesn't create jobs!"

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I don't think this will blunt the reddening of the red zones but the blue should be fired up now. If we can't be enthusiastic about the President now, it's our fault. He did his job.

RDreamer

I'm happy I get to go into the office feeling good about tonight, but I know they're all going to be in complete and utter denial. I'm wondering if I should even say anything at all (definitely wouldn't start any conversation regardless). I'll report what the idiots at work say tomorrow.

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx

He probably didn't expect Crowley to call him out on live TV and it blew up in his face spectacularly. A lot of things fact checked after the debate will go unnoticed by a large number of people.

I'm happy I get to go into the office feeling good about tonight, but I know they're all going to be in complete and utter denial. I'm wondering if I should even say anything at all (definitely wouldn't start any conversation regardless). I'll report what the idiots at work say tomorrow.

Bring a binder with you. Tell them you have some hiring candidates in mind.

Tim-E

He's used to getting away with lying and having no one call him out on it; didn't work this time, though lol

Effect

I'm so glad the moderator fact checked Romney. That allowed Romney to be caught, on live TV, in a damn lie. It looked like she almost wasn't going to do as well until she did. I wonder if that was actually bothering her a lot and couldn't let that pass.

The final political talking point Repulicans are using for the attack on Benghazi is the State Department denying requests for more security in benghazi.

Wait until they find out that is BS as well. lol
There was never a request for more security in Benghazi, that was for Tripoli, which is 300 miles away lol

AniHawk

i remember after the 2006 midterms, i asked one true believer if he'd seen the results. he didn't say anything, he just looked at me like he wanted to die. so i segued it into talking about sales numbers or some bullshit like that instead and it lightened his mood a bit.

The final political talking point Repulicans are using for the attack on Benghazi is the State Department denying requests for more security in benghazi.

Wait until they find out that is BS as well. lol
There was never a request for more security in Benghazi, that was for Tripoli, which is 300 miles away lol

A consulate is the same as an embassy duhhhhh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom