• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2012 |OT4|: Your job is not to worry about 47% of these posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Neocons live in a bubble when it comes to foreign policy. They 100% do. You know how everybody keeps saying that Presidents have a bubble of agreement and aren't used to being argued with? Romney's foreign policy advisers, to a person, could walk into full-time jobs at Fox News. That's how reality-based their advice is.

Rachel Maddow said what you did verbatim. Either you are Rachel Maddow, or you guys are fucking wizards.

Slime

Banned
The Libya exchange was legendary. Obama looked the most presidential he's ever been, Romney looked like a kid getting schooled, and then got fact-checked on live TV. I have a feeling we're going to see this re-played over and over at debate time for years to come.

Rachel Maddow said what you did verbatim. Either you are Rachel Maddow, or you guys are fucking wizards.

It's true. What's funny is the same accusation came up in a conversation I had with a colleague.

I e-mailed him a transcript of it (Rose Garden speech). Then he claimed Obama played youtube videos on it at the UN. So I sent him the transcript of the speech.

He didn't reply, it's been days.

coldfoot

Banned
About the foreign policy debate, I hope Obama can educate the ignorant public that everyone cares about their economy and this includes the Iranians, so our sanctions and diplomatic efforts are having a profound effect on Iran and their nuclear ambitions, in addition to the threat of military action that he never took off the table. Then he can make jabs about how Bush administration and cowboy diplomacy worked out during their administration.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Romney will have a clearly scripted response for Libya at the next debate.

Tim-E

Not only did Obama straight-up do better; Romney made a huge error that's going to be talked about all week leading into a debate all around the topic he fucked up on.

The Libya exchange was legendary. Obama looked the most presidential he's ever been, Romney looked like a kid getting schooled, and then got fact-checked on live TV. I have a feeling we're going to see this re-played over and over at debate time for years to come.

There were so many amazing moments.

-The Libya moment, fact check and then the one time the audience responded
-Romney yelling "government doesnt create jobs!" like a baby
-The binder
-Obama acting like Mr Commander of Bosses with his Libya ownership....also looking straight at Romney AND a camera at the same time, with super serious tone.
-Romney being a bully again
-The Bush comparison
-Romney declaring he was closing a coal power plant
-Romney signing an assault weapon ban
-Romney saying no to answering a question from the moderator

And Obama could have had more. He didnt answer the immigration thing, could have easily explained the fillibuster and fact checked the supermajority statement.

Could have also pointed out that capital gains going to zero means romney pays no taxes, and that the middle class makes like $2 a year in capital gains.

RDreamer

Lol, my friend from North Carolina is saying his Facebook has a few religious nuts crying about how Obama didn't mention God. Crazy idiots...

Wait CNN just said there poll was more republican than usual which makes this a draw? How does that makes sense? Wouldn't that mean this was a bigger Obama win? Also CNN's attempts to spin this as a tie and how Obama is doomed is hilarious

Tamanon

Banned
Romney will have a clearly scripted response for Libya at the next debate.

He's had several clearly scripted responses, none have been good or stood up to scrutiny.

It's not like he just made up his Libya attack on the spot today. He prepped it.

Raine

Wait CNN just said there poll was more republican than usual which makes this a draw? How does that makes sense? Wouldn't that mean this was a bigger Obama win? Also CNN's attempts to spin this as a tie and how Obama is doomed is hilarious

They're so bent on being "independent" they're not even making sense of their own damn polls anymore.

AniHawk

cnn calls it for obama, ppp calls it for obama, cbs calls it for obama

romney fucks up in moment to be repeated throughout the week

yeah, obama won this shit hands-down. i love that the romney fuckup is leading right into the debate on foreign policy.

Yup, he used the debate to announce his new voucher tax plan.

Also said the wealthy wont get tax cuts and immediately started talking about eliminating capital gains taxes, which is what the wealthy pay taxes on.

Obama fucked up by not calling our Romneys tax rate under that plan

Just had the same thought. But I don't think it made Obama less effective.

iyox

Romney: "I will lower unemployment"

Romney: "Government does not create jobs"

How do these two statements coexist in someone's mind either as a voter or a presidential candidate?

I'm not sure, but I think they were somehow trying to reflect the party ID of people watching the debate nationally. I could be wrong though.

Romney: "I will lower unemployment"

Romney: "Government does not create jobs"

How do these two statements coexist in someone's mind either as a voter or a presidential candidate?

Romney: "I won't cut military jobs."

Romney: "Government does not create jobs."

This is even more egregious.

I love how most of the smackdowns were simply because of Romney's ineptitude of not knowing how to shut the fuck up.

He basically gave Obama many lines of attack and he seized them. Closing out the debate was just icing on an already delicious cake.

Someone said earlier after the VP debate that in order to "win" the debate, you better win points in the actual debate as well as the spinroom war post-debate.

Obama clearly won both.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom