• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2012 |OT4|: Your job is not to worry about 47% of these posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaltJay

Cap of $25,000 on Deductions Would Cover 32% of Tax Cuts
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-10-17/cap-of-25-000-on-deductions-would-cover-32-of-tax-cuts.html

Capping itemized tax deductions at $25,000 would generate $1.3 trillion, covering about 32 percent of the cost of Mitt Romney’s proposed income tax cuts on individuals, the nonpartisan Tax Policy Center said today.

The Republican presidential nominee has suggested a deduction cap as one option to offset the effect of his proposal to cut tax rates by 20 percent and repeal the estate tax and alternative minimum tax. During his debate last night with President Barack Obama, Romney suggested a $25,000 limit, which he said would apply to deductions and credits.

“Without more specifics, we can’t say how much revenue such limits would actually raise,” Roberton Williams, a senior fellow at the Washington-based center, said in a blog post. “But these new estimates suggest that Romney will need to do much more than capping itemized deductions to pay for the roughly $5 trillion in rate cuts and other tax benefits he has proposed.”

Only 68% to go!

this got posted a while back, but Romney does a really good Goebbels impression

A5YXEh2CEAAcR9J.jpg:medium

dRF2al.jpg

Link

The Autumn Wind
Has the Housing numbers been mentioned?

This is very good news, 2nd month highest in 4 years.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-...-s-surged-in-september-to-four-year-high.html

The economy is starting to turn a corner. I think in 2013 we're going to see a pretty big jump up.

If there's a reason why Obama wins, this is it. People are starting to feel the recovery.
But I was told we can't take four more years of the same failed policies that got us into this mess!

If there's a reason why Obama wins, this is it. People are starting to feel the recovery.
Bill promised we would feel it.

He also said we'd begin to notice the recovery.

Makes sense too, and is why the Republicans are as desperate as they are. They can't allow and legitimizing of Obama's administration of the economy.

PRESIDENT BARACK OBAMA AT A CAMPAIGN EVENT IN IOWA: “Let's recap what we learned last night. His tax plan doesn't add up. His jobs plan doesn't create jobs. His deficit reduction plan adds to the deficit. So Iowa – everybody here has heard of the New Deal, you've heard of the Fair Deal, you've heard of the square deal – Mitt Romney is trying to sell you a sketchy deal.”

Kind of glad Obama blew the first debate. Kept all the attention and money on a race Romney can't win. If Romney had sunk too far in the polls, then the SuperPACs would be helping out all these floundering Senators and Congressmen.

pigeon

Banned
Kind of glad Obama blew the first debate. Kept all the attention and money on a race Romney can't win. If Romney had sunk too far in the polls, then the SuperPACs would be helping out all these floundering Senators and Congressmen.

My wife said she thinks Obama threw the first debate intentionally.

If that was eight-dimensional chess, I think it was a pretty unnecessary sacrifice, but either way, I think it'll work out.

about obama's first debate performance, was there a certain circle of people who prepped him compared to last night? maybe some of his closest allies (axelrod) were telling him stuff he needed to do at the last minute?

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
Has the Housing numbers been mentioned?

This is very good news, 2nd month highest in 4 years.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-...-s-surged-in-september-to-four-year-high.html

The economy is starting to turn a corner. I think in 2013 we're going to see a pretty big jump up.

I remember Fox News spinning healthy positive stock market movements much earlier this year as "the market responding to a likely Romney presidency".

Measley

My mother-in-law who is 69, White, middle class, and a huge fan of Beck, Limbaugh, and the right wing in general, thinks that Obama beat Romney very badly.

She still won't vote for Obama though. She's "undecided".

Also have a friend who is a cop. He's a Romney supporter. I asked him what he thought as a government employee about Romney saying that government doesn't create jobs.

Him: Romney's right! Government does NOT create jobs.

Me: Okay, then who created your job?

Him: You're missing the point! Romney said that government didn't create any PRIVATE sector jobs!

Me:
kCrSW.gif

I have a question, is it illegal for the president to use his, for lack of a better term, "presidential prestige" to give a speech on national TV for his campaign?

Miletius

Yeah, I don't think people understand what slashing billions from the defense will do to jobs. It isn't just soldiers and families stationed all around the country at bases, but also things as simple as convenience stores near bases, shopping centers, people who offer services to the military, private contractors, etc.

Obama is in for a shitstorm if/when defense budget gets slashed. I know it needs to be done and am all for it, but it is going to cause havoc all over.

Domestically troop levels are at the lowest they've been since the 90's if I recall correctly. We should be ok as long as the drawdown is a long tailed rather than a short tailed one.

I remember Fox News spinning healthy positive stock market movements much earlier this year as "the market responding to a likely Romney presidency".
When Obama wins, all the moneyholders will just be like "Aww man, I guess we have to stop making money now" and find the nearest soup kitchen.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
My Facebook page has been noticeably devoid of political talk today. I take that as a clear sign Obama won the debate.

If he did, it was an incredible miscalculation.

The first debate debacle may have cost the Dems a shot at the House.

Yeah, highly unlikely. All that hard work (money spent on ads) through spring and summer of painting Romney as an out of touch joker was washed away that night.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Or it was a draw

It's quite obvious you work for the GOP. You operate under the idea that if you keep stating the same untrue statements repeatedly, someone will eventually believe you.

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
Our new Massachusetts poll for @LCVoters finds Elizabeth Warren leading Scott Brown 53-44
Sweet. I'm looking forward to seeing Warren the Senator. Anybody have recent polls on Baldwin-Thompson?

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Sweet. I want to see Warren the Senator. Anybody have recent polls on Baldwin-Thompson?
There was one somewhat hard to believe one today sayin it was tied from mulaw, which is reputable.

It also had obama's lead with women cut to 4 tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom