• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2012 |OT4|: Your job is not to worry about 47% of these posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or it was a draw

Listen dude, I love it that you're a conservative member posting in poligaf. You're one of the older ones so I will try to not lose my head at some of the more outrageous things you might say (like this one). But please try to be level-headed, and accepting of reality. We've banned 99% of conservative posters in poligaf because they were operating in utter make-believe world of Chairman Obamao and Lysol wipes, and being derisive or rude (doesn't apply to you---yet). Please don't join them. Thanks.

Brinbe

It's way worse IMO. By this time 4 years ago it was clear Obama would steam roll.

Palin had already started her desperate palling around with terrorists shit

Seriously. It was over once McCain suspended his campaign and headed to Washington. This is a hell of a lot tighter.

Forty-eight percent of registered voters gave the victory to Obama, while 33 percent say Romney prevailed in the Tuesday debate, the online poll found.

The poll reflects the broad consensus of debate observers who said Obama's forceful approach gave him the upper hand over Romney, who was widely seen as the victor in their first matchup on October 3.

"Clearly, the debate was a bit of a turnaround for Obama. He put in a much stronger performance than he did in the first debate and it's showing in the numbers," said Ipsos pollster Julia Clark.

Obama's favorability rating climbed five percentage points after Tuesday's debate to 55 percent. Romney's favorability rating fell two percentage points, to 48 percent.

Voters' views of Obama also improved slightly on a range of issues and personal attributes, from managing the economy to whether he is tough enough for the job.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/10/17/us-usa-campaign-poll-ipsos-idUSBRE89G1JV20121017

ezrarh

Based on the lawn signs around here, Warren has this election in the bag, don't worry about it guys. Gonna go canvass for her again this Sunday.

Magni

My mother-in-law who is 69, White, middle class, and a huge fan of Beck, Limbaugh, and the right wing in general, thinks that Obama beat Romney very badly.

She still won't vote for Obama though. She's "undecided".

Also have a friend who is a cop. He's a Romney supporter. I asked him what he thought as a government employee about Romney saying that government doesn't create jobs.

Him: Romney's right! Government does NOT create jobs.

Me: Okay, then who created your job?

Him: You're missing the point! Romney said that government didn't create any PRIVATE sector jobs!

Me: http://i.imgur.com/kCrSW.gif[img][/QUOTE]

I don't understand these people. Which state are you in?

Kevitivity

If you click your heels three times, it might come true.

I don't think it was a draw personally. Romney came came across better, was more positive. He won in my opinion.

And listen, I know differing opinions are frowned upon here, but trust me, it makes the place more interesting.

Obama leads Romney by 47 percent to 44 percent among likely voters, according to Wednesday's Reuters/Ipsos daily online tracking poll. His 3-point lead was unchanged from Tuesday, with most of the interviews done before the latest debate.

A Rasmussen Reports tracking poll of 11 swing states had Obama leading Romney by 50 percent to 47 percent on Wednesday.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/10/17/us-usa-campaign-poll-ipsos-idUSBRE89G1JV20121017

Even Ras showing a swing back to Obama...

Gallup is such an outlier here. Silver is right, first rule of polling is if it smells like an outlier it probably is an outlier.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
I don't think it was a draw personally. Romney came came across better, was more positive. He won in my opinion.

And listen, I know differing opinions are frowned upon here, but trust me, it makes the place more interesting.

Can you expand on what you mean by Romney being more positive? With specific examples and quotes if possible.

giga

Romney is really going hard after the female vote. He just penned a really heart-felt op-ed.

During last night’s town hall debate at Hofstra University, my opponent Mr. Obama made a number of false accusations about my political positions, but none more egregious than his claim that my policies are in some way a threat to American women. As he has throughout this long campaign season, the president charged that I’m not advocating enough for women’s rights, that I’m ignoring the needs of hardworking mothers and daughters—in short, a litany of lies designed to convince undecided voters that I’m woefully indifferent to the needs of this country’s women.

So to Mr. Obama and all the undecided Americans out there, let me now ask you this simple question: Would a man who doesn’t support women let his wife pick out any oven she wants for her birthday?

Let me say it again: Would a man who’s supposedly out-of-touch with the needs of today’s women hand over his credit card to his wife for the day, say “here you go, honey,” and let her buy whatever oven her heart desires? With a new set of cutlery to boot?

My opponent would no doubt say, “Yeah, right. A man like Mitt Romney would never let his wife go to Sears.com and pick out any oven she wants, especially when there’s nothing wrong with the one she already has.” Well, I hate to break it to you, Mr. President, but that’s exactly what I did. When Ann turned 63 this year, I gave her explicit permission to purchase any oven on the market. Green, brown, blue, brick, ceramic—it didn’t matter to me, so long as Ann was happy and ran her final choice by me first.

Now does that sound like a policy from someone who doesn’t respect women?

After all, the kitchen is her space. I call it “Ann’s part of the house.” Like millions of wives and mothers across America, she’s a strong, independent woman who deserves every opportunity to grow and thrive without being told what to do in the privacy of her own home. That’s why I let her decide everything about the kitchen: what color she wants to paint it, what food she wants to buy, what meals she wants to make. In fact, I make a point of never going in there if I can help it, especially if Ann is cooking or cleaning. I give her full rein over the whole kitchen.

Who was it that let her decide where we went on vacation this year, and the year before that? Who was it that let her pick out almost all of my dress shirts? Who was it that said, “Sure, you can have your book club meeting at our house,” even though it meant ceding the living room to 10 of her chattering friends for an entire night? That’s right: me. Mitt Romney. So no one on this earth, neither the president nor his increasingly belligerent league of supporters, can accuse Mitt Romney of undermining the progress of women.

If anyone can attest to my long record of inclusion and equality on women’s issues, believe me, it’s Ann Romney. Over the course of my campaign for the presidency, she’s been there every step of the way, standing beside me at important speeches, helping me host fundraising events, and tagging along on various business trips. At the Republican National Convention in Florida this year, I even let her get up on stage and recite my policies in front of my supporters. That was a pretty big deal for her!

And as someone who believes women can and do make valuable contributions to the workplace, I’ve made a point of including Ann in my professional life as well. When I was CEO of Bain Capital, I’d often invite her to the office—the very same office, mind you, where I conducted business with powerful men from all over the world—and let her file documents, or send some faxes off before a big meeting. Of course, I supervised her quite closely to make sure she did everything correctly, but that’s only natural when money is on the line.

As you might expect, she did a bang-up job! I even invited her back the next day to answer some phone calls. That’s how much trust I put in Ann, and that’s how much trust I put in women all across America.

So as the election draws near and my opponent continues his unrelenting mission to distort my record on women’s issues, I simply ask you to look at the relationships in my personal life, as those often speak louder than words. And I’m sure if Ann were allowed to talk about it, she would say the exact same thing.
http://goo.gl/u2Nhv

Chichikov

Also F u Caroline Kennedy for backing out of running at the last second. She would have won.
She's a terrible candidate, maybe she coudl've won in Massachusetts, since they have an irrational love for everything Kennedy (and child molesters for some reason), but she's still a terrible candidate and would've probably be a terrible senator.

Also, now we're going to get Warren, and that's a good thing, we need some diversity in congress.

Vahagn

Romney is really going hard after the female vote. He just penned a really heart-felt op-ed.

http://goo.gl/u2Nhv

Holy Fuck Balls. Are you Serious With This Mitt

Edit: Oh! hhahaha. While reading it I was thinking "This can't be real, this sounds like an Onion Piece" but since it's Mitt, I actually bought it...That says a lot about me, but it also says a lot about Mitt.

Link

The Autumn Wind

Why are all the Republicans here so detached from reality?

EDIT - I shouldn't say "all," because that's not fair. But the vast majority...

Different strokes and all that, but 95% of the words out of Romney's mouth were how much the world (economy/foreign policy/regulation/energy) sucks under Obama.

What were your positive takeaways?

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!

positivity without objectivity means nothing. Had the debate only been between the audience's questions and the candidates answers it probably would have favored Romney. Instead Obama took the fight right to Romney and that's why Romney got destroyed. Be objective and I'm sure you will realize this.

Big Bird was a manufactured moment.

I have a feeling that Binders Full of Women is something that's going to end up being real.

Edit: No need to personally bash Kevitivity guys. You can tell him that he's wrong without insulting him or engaging in hyperbole. See: AB's post.

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face

While that's ridiculous, I'll just say this: in no world where Romney would the first debate did Obama lose the second by the same metrics.

We just care that they're genuine, and not just being uselessly contrarian out of a misguided desire to "balance" the thread.

Abby Huntsman ‏@HuntsmanAbby
Imagine if #Romney used another minority group. Pretty sure a binder full of African Americans or Muslims would have cost him the election.

Too true. Well, replace Muslims with Jews.

Kevitivity

Holy Fuck Balls. Are you Serious With This Mitt

I know right?

favreaujonwashpost44.jpg

And just remember, Teddy Kennedy has the only confirmed kill in the War on Women. :)

Big Bird was a manufactured moment.

I have a feeling that Binders Full of Women is something that's going to end up being real.

Ive seen a lot of it on facebook today. Did romneyr eally say he lets women go home early to cook food?

Also, in todays second edition of "onion or garlic" is the following statement real life?

In a lawsuit against a new BRT system.....

The petitioners say that private car owners are suffering because of the preferential treatment given to public transport.

"Car owners are the creators of wealth. Do you realise that they get exhausted sitting in their cars due to traffic jams and they reach office completely tired? It affects their efficiency. Do you want them to perform less?" asks the main petitioner BB Sharan.

Its real.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-india-19572583

Gets worse

Mr Sharan, the man spearheading the campaign against the BRT, dismisses the argument. He says those who travel in their own cars are the decision-makers, therefore, they should get a priority over buses. He believes that bus users can wait because they are engaged in less important jobs.

"You cannot keep a commander-in-chief waiting in traffic while his army is waiting for his orders. How does it matter if a peon reaches office five minute before time?" Mr Sharan asks.

Kevitivity

Different strokes and all that, but 95% of the words out of Romney's mouth were how much the world (economy/foreign policy/regulation/energy) sucks under Obama.

What were your positive takeaways?

Romney presented a plan for the future. Obama had no plans, his binder was empty, all he could do was try to scare voters away from Romney.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom