• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2012 |OT4|: Your job is not to worry about 47% of these posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Downhome

This is why Obama, or any sitting President, shouldn't go on shows like The Daily Show and all of those sorts of things. I agree that he didn't really mean anything by it, but when the mother comes out like this, it just makes it look that much worse.

*apparent banned site*

The mother of an American diplomat killed during a terrorist raid on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi has hit out at Barack Obama for describing the attack as 'not optimal', saying: 'My son is not very optimal - he is also very dead.'

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Why ppp trolling

Personally I can't match up that early voting split with that result. But that means Ohio is more decided than Iowa?

AniHawk

Mellman: Obama 51 Romney 43 in Nevada

They were the only pollster who had Reid winning in 2010.

...and i'm not too concerned about nevada. haven't really been, since i thought it was like obama's north carolina. i want more positive news out of colorado and ohio. i think those and nevada are his path to victory. i want to see iowa doing better for obama, and virginia as well. and of course, there's wisconsin, but benefit of the doubt and all that jazz.

Cloudy

Banned
nervous about wisconsin. i give it the benefit of the doubt, but if that state goes, it probably wins romney the election. obama would need colorado and nevada (or iowa) to win if new hampshire, wisconsin, and virginia all broke for romney.

Yeah NH is pretty important. Romney can win w/o OH if he wins NH, CO and WI

MQcVf.jpg

PPP is more like PD Polling today

Romnesia is brilliant and captures the President's campaign core message against Mittens perfectly. They will run it into the ground in short order, but it's part of the lexicon now and going to stick to R-Money in a way that soundbite criticisms of Romney (except for the 47% remark ) haven't.

Slime

Banned
This is why Obama, or any sitting President, shouldn't go on shows like The Daily Show and all of those sorts of things. I agree that he didn't really mean anything by it, but when the mother comes out like this, it just makes it look that much worse.

*apparent banned site*

If this gets some traction, Obama could be in some trouble.

Somebody who follows more closely than I do-- what happened to Obama in FL? I thought he had a solid lead there. Was it all lost in the debat, with no bounce back?

codhand

If this gets some traction, Obama could be in some trouble.

Nope, just Romney and GOP using family members to play politics.

It's sad really, the lady is grieving and republicans are willing to use her sarrow to gain political points.

All obama has to do is go visit the lasy and peronsally apoligize. Somethig Romney hasn't done.

This is going to blow up in their faces yet again.

Forever

Banned
The mother lashing out at Romney for politicizing her son's death wasn't a major issue, this won't be either. Romney lost the Libya issue in the last debate, period.

RDreamer

Because Romnesia is so creative...

It's use and delivery was pretty damned good. Is it the be all end all of creative campaigning? No, but it's surely more creative than just using the exact same idea the other side came up with already a couple minutes after they came up with it.

pigeon

Banned
Hmm. So the PPP poll and the Marist poll actually agree in nearly every respect -- about a third of voters have voted already and Obama wins them about 3-2, while among voters who will vote on Election Day Romney leads by about 15-17 points.

The difference between them is that Marist breaks out an additional ten percent of voters who say they are GOING to vote early but haven't yet done so, and Obama leads them by a large margin as well. That boost, plus the reduction in the "will vote in November" demographic, accounts for the large swing.

I'm honestly not sure what to make of that, but it's clear at least that lots of people have voted early in Iowa and that Obama leads among them solidly. Remember that this is a likely voter poll and that Obama's early voting campaign is targeted at converting unlikely voters to banked votes. Overall I think the picture is still good in Iowa.

Bizarrely dumb PPP line of the day:

ppp said:
-Obama is up 60/38 with voters under 65, but he's losing every other age group.

All those other age groups between 65 and dead!

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/...ads-by-1-point-in-iowa-and-new-hampshire.html

Loudninja

Hmm. So the PPP poll and the Marist poll actually agree in nearly every respect -- about a third of voters have voted already and Obama wins them about 3-2, while among voters who will vote on Election Day Romney leads by about 15-17 points.

The difference between them is that Marist breaks out an additional ten percent of voters who say they are GOING to vote early but haven't yet done so, and Obama leads them by a large margin as well. That boost, plus the reduction in the "will vote in November" demographic, accounts for the large swing.

I'm honestly not sure what to make of that, but it's clear at least that lots of people have voted early in Iowa and that Obama leads among them solidly. Remember that this is a likely voter poll and that Obama's early voting campaign is targeted at converting unlikely voters to banked votes. Overall I think the picture is still good in Iowa.

Bizarrely dumb PPP line of the day:

All those other age groups between 65 and dead!

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/...ads-by-1-point-in-iowa-and-new-hampshire.html
How odd.

How can you be up with every age group expect 65+ and be behind?

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives

*apparent banned site*

So I guess she was always going to vote for Romney huh? Or maybe she didn't know the context.

I think it's very telling that BO is attacking Romney rather than talking about the hope and change he plans to bring the next four years. Very telling...

Also not surprised to see that Romney has finally pulled ahead in likability in some polls.

http://washingtonexaminer.com/for-f...ting-tops-obamas/article/2511203#.UIGZq4V9m52

Umm, he's attacking Romney on issues that Obama disagrees with...

It's not like he is attacking Romney for being a Mormon or draft dodging. He is attacking Romney's policies. Policies that are opposite of his.

The substance of the attacks define his plans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom