• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2012 |OT4|: Your job is not to worry about 47% of these posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pigeon

Banned
The two fat, loudmouth conservatives on Bill Maher tonight think PA is going to Romney

Amusingly, Nate Silver specifically noted that that Susquehanna poll is consistent with a 3-4 point lead for Obama in PA.

edit: Of course, as you can see below, there are always those who prefer fantasy to context.

HylianTom

Banned
I'm as supremely confident as ever, but damn if I'm not impatient. This is like waiting for Christmas when I was a kid. Or a Zelda game. Or a Nintendo console.

Still feels so far away..

I'm as supremely confident as ever, but damn if I'm not impatient. This is like waiting for Christmas when I was a kid. Or a Zelda game. Or a Nintendo console.

Still feels so far away..

I know what you mean. November 6th is taking forever to get here and, by extension, November 18th is taking even longer.

AniHawk

So what did I miss today fellas?

ppp has nh and ia +1 for romney
rasmussen has wisconsin +2 for obama (no change since their last poll a week ago)
ppp has obama +1 nationally
some place has obama +3 nationally
cnn has romney up +1 in florida
foxnews has romney up +3 in florida
foxnews has obama up +3 in ohio

i think that's it. ppp updates with another ohio poll tomorrow.

on the news side, romnesia became a thing. and generally speaking, the gop dun fucked up even more with regards to libya.

Trurl

Banned
So, my mom thinks it's possible that the Obama administration encouraged riots throughout the muslim world as a way to distract people from their screw up in Libya.

:-(

RDreamer

So, my mom thinks it's possible that the Obama administration encouraged riots throughout the muslim world as a way to distract people from their screw up in Libya.

But... weren't they rioting in Egypt before and/or during the "screw up" in Libya?

ppp has nh and ia +1 for romney
rasmussen has wisconsin +2 for obama (no change since their last poll a week ago)
ppp has obama +1 nationally
some place has obama +3 nationally
cnn has romney up +1 in florida
foxnews has romney up +3 in florida
foxnews has obama up +3 in ohio

i think that's it. ppp updates with another ohio poll tomorrow.

on the news side, romnesia became a thing. and generally speaking, the gop dun fucked up even more with regards to libya.

PPP is also updating their national tracking poll any moment now

So that's PPP's national poll, right? Here's hoping it'll hold steady and isn't the result of a 2nd debate bump.

I realize Obama's leading in several states even before the 2nd debate, but more assurances are always nice.

AniHawk

So that's PPP's national poll, right? Here's hoping it'll hold steady and isn't the result of a 2nd debate bump.

I realize Obama's leading in several states even before the 2nd debate, but more assurances are always nice.

everyone seems to be hanging around 2 points, which nate silver suggested sounded about right overall. i hope it stays the same. and i hope obama really dominates the foreign policy debate something fierce on monday. romnesia + a good 3rd debate should solidify romney as a joke for enough people.

Trurl

Banned
She realizes the riots started before that right? Right?

I'm not sure. Her emphasis seemed to be on the state department intentionally causing riots in Pakistan by promoting knowledge of the video through commercials which "apologized" for it.

This is almost 9/11 Truther levels of crazy.

Both of the Republicans are pushing the "Romney is now winning Pennsylvania" bullcrap on the overtime portion of Real Time. They even quoted it in unison.

markatisu

Haven't other polls shown Obama in the mid-60s with Hispanics and mid-90s with African Americans? I get that they aren't bad but I just thought he had been doing even better with those groups.

Is there really a difference between mid 60's and 60 or mid 90's and 85?? I mean it gets to the point where the number is so high it makes little difference

Is there really a difference between mid 60's and 60 or mid 90's and 85?? I mean it gets to the point where the number is so high it makes little difference

Well, it would increase his overall lead somewhat. Larger margins and more votes is a good thing. I get that those margins are 'good enough' but why not want them better?

well there was that one poll that gave Romney ZERO percent of the African American Vote...that would be like a 10 point gain

Well that's just fucking awesome. The conspiracy theories the AM radio spews now don't even have to be self-consistent and people still buy them. Pretty soon we'll be hearing the Obama isn't from Kenya, but he is from South America and he has Hitler genes in him and that's why he hates Israel.

Well that's just fucking awesome. The conspiracy theories the AM radio spews now don't even have to be self-consistent and people still buy them. Pretty soon we'll be hearing the Obama isn't from Kenya, but he is from South America and he has Hitler genes in him and that's why he hates Israel.

don't give them any more ideas, please

White men are the worst voters in the country.

White people, stop embarrassing me!

OK, I can understand people being greedy bastards . . . everyone does that. But most of them won't even benefit from it. But the science. How can they turn their backs on science! Ugh. I guess I'm just a geek.

Trurl

Banned
Just the majority of us. I do my part to buck the trend, at least.

Hey, I'm a white guy too.

Part of the problem is that we divide ourselves so much along the lines of gender and race that it's no wonder white men see the GOP as the party for them when the Democratic party is the party of everyone else. I'm not sure if I've seen an opinion poll broken down by something like personal wealth this entire cycle.

To be fair, my mom is like Sherlock Holmes if he had a terrible methodology and an irrational fear of liberals. It's possible that this is her own pet theory. I'm curious if similar ideas are floating around the rightwing world, though.

Forever

Banned
Hey, I'm a white guy too.

Part of the problem is that we divide ourselves so much along the lines of gender and race that it's no wonder white men see the GOP as the party for them when the Democratic party is the party of everyone else. I'm not sure if I've seen an opinion poll broken down by something like personal wealth this entire cycle.
It's actually old white guys that are the problem.

Wall

Somehow or another, the Republicans are arguing in favor of debt on Maher's show....this is weird.

Well, the Republicans would be correct if they are arguing that increasing the deficit right now would not be a bad thing. Governments should increase their deficits in depressed economies. Of course, I doubt the Republicans are serious about implementing any sort of beneficial stimulus beyond military spending. I also think the cuts they propose would cause far greater harm than the limited good that would come from any deficit spending they would undertake.

It is pretty disturbing that Democrats are consistently wrong on this fact. I realize an accelerating recovery is predicted and appears to be underway, but we have a long way to go until we are back at full employment. I haven't looked at the projected trajectory of employment growth, but getting back to full employment (4 percent - arguably) just in time for the next election would not be a positive considering the country averages 8-10 years between recessions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom