• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2012 |OT4|: Your job is not to worry about 47% of these posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Effect

At this point Obama just needs to close out the third debate strongly and there will be no more game changers left. The nature of the race will be locked in late next week.

There is a big variable here. The moderator. How well Monday goes greatly depends on him and if he allows Romney to have his way and not follow the rules. He did in debate 1. He tried to do it in debate 2. He's certainly going to try to do it again in debate 3.

igqsn.gif

lol

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Is Dick Scott the nation's first fascist governor

we Floridians voted for light-rail twice and he was like "nope, I hate it" and refused the money

Christie did the same thing with the arc tunnel. So dumb because it would have benefited NJ a million times more than NY.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
No one is saying they don't have the right to make these choices. They are just rightly mocking them as bizarre.

That and I don't think many people are qualified to make such decisions, hence why we elect people to do so.

My 84 year old Grandma had no clue what most of them meant. I suggested she just vote no to all of them.
(I voted no on all of them)

Puddles

Banned
Peggy Noonan (WSJ contributor) is a goddamn halfwit.

The Year Debates Mattered

The heart of the debate? Romney and the price of gas: "The proof of whether a strategy is working or not is what the price is that you're paying at the pump. If you're paying less than you paid a year or two ago, why, then, the strategy is working. But you're paying more. When the president took office, the price of gasoline here in Nassau County was about $1.86 a gallon. Now, it's $4 a gallon. The price of electricity is up. If the president's energy policies are working, you're going to see the cost of energy come down."

Mr Obama's reply seemed like a non sequitur: Gas prices were lower when he came in "because the economy was on the verge of collapse, because we were about to go through the worst recession since the Great Depression."

I don't understand why this woman gets paid to write for a major business/politics publication.

GashPrex

NeoGaf-Gold™ Member
No one is saying they don't have the right to make these choices. They are just rightly mocking them as bizarre.

Edit: You've subscribed to the "Pox on Both of Their Houses" bit for ten years. Since then one party made a massive shift to the right. To continue to maintain this stance either means that you moved to the right (like CNN), and might as well just call yourself a conservative, or like CNN, you're just trolling for responses.

Which is it?

I see - it's either for us or against us huh? Do you need a list of the issues I agree disagree with for both parties before its acceptable to you? God knows actually debating the issues would too much to handle if you cant characterize somebody as liberal or conservative.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

I don't understand why this woman gets paid to write for a major business/politics publication.

It is the WSJ OPed page, it is completely worthless. I had an econ teacher who would assign homework from the WSJ but he always told us "Never get your information from the OPed pages, they are completely worthless and filled with half-wits of the highest caliber." On a side note the guy was/is a HUGE Joe Biden fan.

pigeon

Banned
I see - it's either for us or against us huh? Do you need a list of the issues I agree disagree with for both parties before its acceptable to you? God knows actually debating the issues would too much to handle if you cant characterize somebody as liberal or conservative.

Do you consider the posts you're making to form an argument such as one you might advance in a debate?

Trurl

Banned

I've heard this criticism of Obama's performance elsewhere, and it was made even more stupidly too.

It's as if people don't remember that in the Summer of 2008 gas prices were the highest Americans had ever seen and then--suddenly--the price of gas dropped so precipitously that a decade's worth of creeping prices seemed to have been undone over night. What caused that drop in price? THE WORLD WILL NEVER KNOW!

Measley

There hasn't been an Ohio poll yet where Romney has led.

Meanwhile, Florida's polls have been all over the place.

At this point, I just don't see what could shake Obama's lead in Ohio, beyond a catastrophic debate performance.

GashPrex

NeoGaf-Gold™ Member
Do you consider the posts you're making to form an argument such as one you might advance in a debate?

You mean discussing Florida's constitutional amendments? Last time I checked this is a poligaf thread and not an Obama thread. if we can't comment on politics (critizing/praising/discussing both sides) in this thread - well I guess there is no place on GAF for that.

pigeon

Banned
You mean discussing Florida's constitutional amendments? Last time I checked this is a poligaf thread and not an Obama thread. if we can't comment on politics (critizing/praising/discussing both sides) in this thread - well I guess there is no place on GAF for that.

I'd be happy to have you comment on politics.

Do you want to comment on politics, or Poli-GAF? Because you've only really been doing one.

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
Someone mentioned $1.80 gas again and they were serious? I just cannot fucking believe this.

It's mad selection bias without appreciation for global commodity supply/demand.

It was $4 often during Bush years. When businesses cease manufacturing, cease construction, work part time, and people are laid off, people don't buy gas. That reduces demand and therefore cost.

Link

The Autumn Wind
I've been trying to go over the Florida amendments so I'm prepared on election day, but good lord the walls of legal speak make me go cross-eyed. Worst part of the ballot.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
I've been trying to go over the Florida amendments so I'm prepared on election day, but good lord the walls of legal speak makes me go cross-eyed. Worst part of the ballot.

Just vote no on everything. Seriously.

Not just cause, but because every single amendment is shit.

The only argument you've ever argued in the past 10 years is whatever could be qualified as the "center" at that period in time.

You're more devoted to that as your stance rather than actually having a stance on specific issues.

JesseZao

It's mad selection bias without appreciation for global commodity supply/demand.

It was $4 often during Bush years. When businesses cease manufacturing, cease construction, work part time, and people are laid off, people don't buy gas. That reduces demand and therefore cost.

In Argentina.

God people are really going crazy over these polls.

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/main/2012/10/crazy-e-mail-of-the-day.html

Subject: IA/NH

You really should quit the polling biz since you've jumped the shark. Especially with your recent fraudulent weekly Daily Kos polls which only serve to illustrate your incompetence, and adherence to fascism.

Anyone who imagines a fantasy that Willard Hitler is leading in Iowa and New Hampshire is delusional. Iowans in particular like progressives like Tom Harkin and Barack Obama. And folks in New Hampshire while basically conservative don't have much interest in folks who serve as bishops in deranged right wing polygamy cults and wear magical undergarments.

So, since you've been exposed as fraudsters, you can just close up shop now.

No one I know takes your silly and absurd right wing biased polls seriously.

You're just a bunch of GOP shills.

The Romney campaign may have misfired with its suggestion that statements by President Obama and U.N. Ambassador Susan Rice about the Benghazi attack last month weren’t supported by intelligence, according to documents provided by a senior U.S. intelligence official.

“Talking points” prepared by the CIA on Sept. 15, the same day that Rice taped three television appearances, support her description of the Sept. 11 attack on the U.S. Consulate as a reaction to Arab anger about an anti-Muslim video prepared in the United States. According to the CIA account, “The currently available information suggests that the demonstrations in Benghazi were spontaneously inspired by the protests at the U.S. Embassy in Cairo and evolved into a direct assault against the U.S. Consulate and subsequently its annex. There are indications that extremists participated in the violent demonstrations.”

The senior intelligence official said the analysts’ judgment was based in part on monitoring of some of the Benghazi attackers, which showed they had been watching the Cairo protests live on television and talking about them before they assaulted the consulate.

“We believe the timing of the attack was influenced by events in Cairo,” the senior official said, reaffirming the Cairo-Benghazi link. He said that judgment is repeated in a new report prepared this week for the House intelligence committee.

Posted?

More: http://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...ad82ae-1a2d-11e2-bd10-5ff056538b7c_story.html

GOP looking dumber and dumber.

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
Indeed. He said often.

Okay, 3.50 inflation adjusted. My memory was off.

You can see the price drop like a rock right after the market crash.

That's my main point. I bet you could find a strong correlation with major stock indices and gas prices. People that think Obama has caused gas to go up and that gas was < $2 as a norm in Bush's presidency are crazy.

GashPrex

NeoGaf-Gold™ Member
It takes away power from the Judicial Branch and gives it to the Legislature. Government is divided into 3 branches and the boundaries should be very clear.

It's really not an issue - just lowers the percentage required for adopting court rules no real change. This is nothing surprising or new.

As pointed out earlier it doesn't matter what the amendments say about healthcare and federal funding if they conflict with federal law.

pigeon

Banned
It's really not an issue - just lowers the percentage required for adopting court rules no real change. This is nothing surprising or new.

As pointed out earlier it doesn't matter what the amendments say about healthcare and federal funding if they conflict with federal law.

You don't think there's maybe a problem with people putting amendments on the ballot that are federally unsupportable?

JesseZao

Okay, 3.50 inflation adjusted. My memory was off.

You can see the price drop like a rock right after the market crash.

That's my main point. I bet you could find a strong correlation with major stock indices and gas prices. People that think Obama has caused gas to go up and that gas was < $2 as a norm in Bush's presidency are crazy.

Yeah, the price of gas has been on an upward trend since 9/11 really. The crash just reset the climb back down to a lower price before rising again.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
I distinctly remember telling Dax several years ago to look for fuel efficiency in cars because even though gas prices had lowered they probably weren't going to stay as low.

GashPrex

NeoGaf-Gold™ Member
You don't think there's maybe a problem with people putting amendments on the ballot that are federally unsupportable?

Not particularly? That's their choice - plus it probably makes them think they doing something. I don't think there is some requirement that state amendments be federally supportable

Only 5 would affect my life and I think it's silly the legislature gets a say in any court procedures to begin with - but that's why the way Florida set it up.

AniHawk

538 updated and Obama is down to 66.9%. Not surprising at all considering all these polls contradicting each other

the fuck is wrong with those people.

willard hitler is a hilarious name, on the other hand. you can't take that seriously, like that one guy who hung a folding chair as an effigy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom