• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2012 |OT4|: Your job is not to worry about 47% of these posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
I don't know what effect this next debate will have, do people care about foreign policy right now? I think a narrow Obama victory in the debate won't do much whereas a loss would hurt him quite a bit because then many voters will see Romney as competent on both domestic and foreign policy issues.

Romney's going to have a pretty hard time "winning". His only angles have been Benghazi and whining about not calling foreign leaders and countries enough names. His Benghazi arguments have been butchered over the last week.

Trouble

Banned
Just filled out my ballot. feelsgoodman.gif

I fucking love that my state (Washington) votes entirely by mail. Seems like such a better system and makes voting easier for everyone. My one gripe is that the return envelope requires postage. There are free drop off locations, but I feel like super lazy people will end up not voting because they don't have a stamp.

Link

The Autumn Wind
This is exactly right. I said as much after the third debate. BO was all about hope and change last time around, with a vision for the future. None of that this time around - BO has been reduced to silly word games. That does not win elections.
Can you stop with this BO bullshit? How old are you?

Kevitivity

I don't know what effect this next debate will have, do people care about foreign policy right now? I think a narrow Obama victory in the debate won't do much whereas a loss would hurt him quite a bit because then many voters will see Romney as competent on both domestic and foreign policy issues.

One word: Benghazi

My predictions... fewer people will watch the last debate. Romney will win. But again, conventional wisdom is that the debates just don't matter that much.

The polls are changing because people are simply starting to pay attention to the election.

pigeon

Banned
See what you guys did with your panicking over an Obama lead? Now the conservative posters are in here thinking they're going to win. Don't encourage them! It's bad for the state of education in this country.

HylianTom

Banned
See what you guys did with your panicking over an Obama lead? Now the conservative posters are in here thinking they're going to win. Don't encourage them! It's bad for the state of education in this country.

Let them enjoy this moment hope. It will make the tears all the more delicious.

This is exactly right. I said as much after the third debate. BO was all about hope and change last time around, with a vision for the future. None of that this time around - BO has been reduced to silly word games. That does not win elections.
Sometimes is hard to lay a vision of future when you have a lot of bullshit lies to correct from the other side.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Kevitivity is just a troll, right? I don't feel like wasting time with someone that has no intention of having a real discussion.

AniHawk

the +1 romney in iowa was actually for new hampshire. i read it wrong.

If you are a Democrat, press 1. If a Republican, press 2. If you are an independent or identify with another party, press 3.
Democrat ........................................................ 28%
Republican ...................................................... 34%
Independent/Other .......................................... 38%

new hampshire in 2008 was 29-27-45

their breakdown in iowa:

f you are a Democrat, press 1. If a Republican,
press 2. If you are an independent or identify with another party, press 3.
Democrat ........................................................ 34%
Republican ...................................................... 38%
Independent/Other .......................................... 27%

iowa in 2008 was 34-33-33

also, their ohio poll from a week ago:

If you are a Democrat, press 1. If a Republican, press 2. If you are an independent or identify with another party, press 3.
Democrat ........................................................ 40%
Republican ...................................................... 36%
Independent/Other .......................................... 24%

39-31-30 in 2008

LOL New Hampshire conservatives are old guard Bush 41 Republicans. Not this new looney brand of Tea Party republicans

They care about fiscal conservationism but not at the expense of making a circus of of social issues and not being honest with the numbers.

I've clearly been following presidential elections longer than most here...

Of the last five, Reagan, Bush, Clinton, Bush, Obama - each of these candidates had a more positive message than their challenger. Disagree?

LOL NO. Bush more positive than Kerry? It was all fear-mongering by him.

Forever

Banned
I think a lot of this panic is from people who either became extremely jaded after 2004, or who first started following politics in 2008 and are used to Obama having an overwhelming mathematical advantage against every opponent. Or both.

Go watch a stump speech or the web page for that. In the debate he has to spend most of the time flagging down Romney's lies.

yeah, regular folk don't watch stump speeches.

He had time to do both but didn't. Like the first question in the debate he hardly if at all mentioned his jobs bill despite the fact that the kid asked about having a job.

I'm sorry, but Lurch did not come across as more positive than Bush.

haha, right. The whole "Saddam would still be alive" argument was so positive.

And Romney's campaign is so positive. They keep talking about how we suck.

Romney is simply around because the electorate is too stupid to understand how deep the recession was and how much the GOP stalled our recovery intentionally.

Romney is proposing the same shit Bush did and people hate Bush. But they are too stupid to see it.

Kevitivity

haha, right. The whole "Saddam would still be alive" argument was so positive.

And Romney's campaign is so positive. They keep talking about how we suck.

Romney is simply around because the electorate is too stupid to understand how deep the recession was and how much the GOP stalled our recovery intentionally.

Romney is proposing the same shit Bush did and people hate Bush. But they are too stupid to see it.

If Romney wins, this forum will be filled with posts echoing your "people are stupid" rather then taking BO to task for being a failure. Trust me.

If Romney wins, this forum will be filled with posts echoing your "people are stupid" rather then taking BO to task for being a failure. Trust me.

Obama would fail in so far as being reelected.

But if Romney is elected, it just proves we are very stupid. I mean that sincerely and as someone who has never been and is not a Democrat.

Romney's proposals to date are ludicrous.

Romney and Ryan should have been laughed off the stage months ago if our electorate has any semblance of intelligence.

Normally, I'd be all over you disagreeing but...yeah. Considering Romney would undo almost ALL of Obama's achievements, I guess you could say he was a failure...from a certain point of view.

I've clearly been following presidential elections longer than most here...

Of the last five, Reagan, Bush, Clinton, Bush, Obama - each of these candidates had a more positive message than their challenger. Disagree?

Bush Sr won because of Willie Horton Jr.
Bush Jr won first election because of voter fraud
Bush Jr won the second election due to despicable swift boat veterans for truth nonsense

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom