• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2012 |OT4|: Your job is not to worry about 47% of these posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
He'll just come into the office and taunt them while they're making phone calls and whatnot.

obama-smug.jpg

"Hey stupids. I don't even need this dumb state to win the election and I'm still tied with you here."

Good WI polls.
1 Good OH poll, Angus Reid one not so good but its just 500 LV compared to 1500LV for Quinn.
VA poll is good
CO poll is bad, only because even though its Ras, Ras had O+1 in last poll.
MI/PA done deal.

the good OH and WI polls fill me with hopium, regardless of what happens in colorado. with those two locked up, bams only needs one of either NV or IA to win.

once ohio gets called i will be confident that obama has it.

I'm feeling comfortable about Colorado. Sam Wang has Obama looking pretty save in Colorado, and he's usually spot on. He does have Virginia going to Romney, though. Either way, he has Obama winning with 290.
I would be okay with that. As much as I want Obama to win with 332-347 EVs (and I think that still has a good chance of happening), winning by that would be an achievement for a president presiding over a bad recession and other things.

20 EVs that's a whole Pennsylvania.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I thought Romney was +7 or so in Gallup, if he's down that's interesting. Might not mean anything or it might mean Gallup is catching up to everyone else.

Jackson50

Couldn't find them in the last several pages, but here are the topics for tonight:

America's role in the world
Our longest war - Afghanistan and Pakistan
Red lines: Israel and Iran
The changing Middle East and the new face of terrorism I
The changing Middle East and the new face of terrorism II
The rise of China and tomorrow's world
Yay. Forty-five minutes on the Middle East. Today's always my favorite juncture of the cycle. Everyone feigns interest, acts knowledgeable, and then ignore the topic the next day.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
I thought Romney was +7 or so in Gallup, if he's down that's interesting. Might not mean anything or it might mean Gallup is catching up to everyone else.

It also has Romney only down 1 in IBD which would be like a 5 point overnight shift to Romney.

Doubt it.

Tim-E

I would be okay with that. As much as I want Obama to win with 332-347 EVs (and I think that still has a good chance of happening), winning by that would be an achievement for a president presiding over a bad recession and other things.

20 EVs that's a whole Pennsylvania.

I just want him to win. I'm honestly more excited to re-elect him than I was seeing him win in 08.

Cloudy

Banned
I just want him to win. I'm honestly more excited to re-elect him than I was seeing him win in 08.

Seriously. He deserves to finish what he started and stop his achievements from being gutted.

Also, it'd be such a huge fuck you to Fox News et al. After 4 years of attacks, they still couldn't get rid of Obama.

Well Romney seems a lot worse than McCain. I remember feeling in 2008 that I'd be fine with McCain as president, even though I preferred Obama.

I can't say that about Romney, even if there were a Democratic Senate to handicap his agenda. Just the executive power is too much to trust with any modern Republican.

Measley

I also want Obama to win this because I don't want obstruction to be a viable political tactic moving forward. It would literally destroy our politics.

I also want Obama to win this because I don't want obstruction to be a viable political tactic moving forward. It would literally destroy our politics.
This. I have no reason to believe Democrats in the Senate wouldn't just obstruct anything Romney does just because it worked for the Republicans.

Cheebo

Banned
Monmouth NH poll:
Romney 48 — Obama 45
This. I have no reason to believe Democrats in the Senate wouldn't just obstruct anything Romney does just because it worked for the Republicans.
Senate Democrats are too chickenshit to do that, they have shown little to no backbone in the senate.

-PXG-

Obama and Biden will be blitzing Ohio this week; Romney has no appearances scheduled in the state

It's a wrap anyway. Honestly, unless Obama shits the bed five times and Romney pulls Jesus out of his ass, this election is mathematically over. State internals and early voting say it all. Romney doesn't have enough registered voters on his side or the ground team that Obama has. There aren't enough "undecided" voters to swing this late to turn any major tides. It's fine. Obama just needs to keep his pimp game up for another two weeks.

Y'all worry way to much

Averon

Besides possible SC replacements, full implementation of ACA, and the credit Obama and Dems will have when the eventual economic boom happens over the next four years, I want Obama to win because to will be a big FU to the GOP, their dog-whistle tactics, their voter suppression tactics, birthers, Neo-Cons, and a myriad of other loathsome crap they pulled since 2008.

That's because democrats care more about the good of the country than trying to screw over a President to make him look bad regardless of the state of the country. The current republican party has some major issues.

Tim-E

It's a wrap anyway. Honestly, unless Obama shits the bed five times and Romney pulls Jesus out of his ass, this election is mathematically over. State internals and early voting say it all. Romney doesn't have enough registered voters on his side or the ground team that Obama has. There aren't enough "undecided" voters to swing this late to turn any major tides. It's fine. Obama just needs to keep his pimp game up for another two weeks.

Y'all worry way to much

Yep, which is why I think the strategy to hold onto New Hampshire, Ohio, Iowa, and Nevada and let the other states fall as they will is smart, because Romney has absolutely no realistic path to victory if he can't win any of those four states.

Cheebo

Banned
Yep, which is why I think the strategy to hold onto New Hampshire, Ohio, Iowa, and Nevada and let the other states fall as they will is smart, because Romney has absolutely no realistic path to victory if he can't win any of those four states.

I don't think he can rely on NH. Polling has been a lot more up in there air there than say Nevada or Ohio. Today a major NH pollster had Romney up 3 when they had Obama up in their last poll.

Ecotic

To me, this election is potentially like Biff getting the Sports Almanac in Back to the Future II. It sends the future into a horrible tangent. Republicans get credit for the recovery, Obama goes down as the new Carter, Democrats go into 2016 as the underdogs instead of in a position of strength. Obama's legacy as the liberal Reagan equivalent is ruined.

Policy-wise, it's probably far worse.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Senate Democrats are too chickenshit to do that, they have shown little to no backbone in the senate.
They also have less capacity for shameless hypocrisy, so when Democrats attempt obstruction Republicans always throw the biggest fits decrying the evil antidemocratic nature of Dems and the media will happily transmit that message for them.

HylianTom

Banned
To me, this election is potentially like Biff getting the Sports Almanac in Back to the Future II. It sends the future into a horrible tangent. Republicans get credit for the recovery, Obama goes down as the new Carter, Democrats go into 2016 as the underdogs instead of in a position of strength. Obama's legacy as the liberal Reagan equivalent is ruined.

Policy-wise, it's probably far worse.

doc-brown1.jpg

I want a resounding Democratic victory on November 6th, but thanks to the ratings greedy media we aren't going to get it. The conservative dogma of "greed is good" and protecting business over the individual needs to be discredited once and for all. It is a loathsome philosophy that I consider directly responsible for the divisive polarity of politics in this country. If I had my way that kind of thinking would be dead and gone forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom