• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2012 |OT4|: Your job is not to worry about 47% of these posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PistolGrip

sex vacation in Guam
Nate Cohn says that the Gallup enemy isn't in the south, it's in ourselves:

http://www.tnr.com/blog/electionate...responsible-obamas-weak-national-poll-numbers

I have no comments on why liberal white voters are apparently trying to destroy America.

Damn you liberal white people! This is why the democratic party looks so weak,

"Obama didn't close Guantanamo so I am not voting for him this time around."
- Random White Guy eating at a noodle place around my job in NYC.

apana

President Obama needs to do very good tonight. He can't give people one more reason to vote for Romney. This thing is very close, Romney probably has the national lead while President Obama is holding on in the electoral college but it could easily change.

RDreamer

Damn you liberal white people! This is why the democratic party looks so week,

"Obama didn't close Guantanamo so I am not voting for him this time around."
- Random White Guy eating at a noodle place around my job in NYC.

Yeah! He couldn't get it done, so I'll vote for the guy that doesn't even want to!

Prediction: When Obama hits Romney with the $2 trillion overspending in defense, he'll counter with something like he did in the first debate. He'll probably say that's not my plan.They're already softening/backing away on that number..
Didn't Ryan already try the parry that it wasn't additional spending, it was a lack of a cut? And now is not the time to cut our military, etc etc. We need to have the strongest military, yadda yadda, credibility yadda yadda.

By the way is there a chance of his son hiring people to come and find me and kill me?
I'm sure all the MSNBC hosts will protect you ;P

pigeon

Banned
Suffolk University has a tied Ohio poll. (Backpats to TPM.)

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/docs/2012/Suffolk_OH_1022.pdf

Worth noting: every single one of the 600 voters said they were "very likely" to vote (presumably that was a cutoff question). Romney, and the GOP in general, have had a consistent lead among those "most enthusiastic" even when they lost their enthusiasm advantage in general.

Still solidly consistent with a 2-3 point lead, if not better given Suffolk's apparent GOP lean.

Suffolk University has a tied Ohio poll. (Backpats to TPM.)

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/docs/2012/Suffolk_OH_1022.pdf

Worth noting: every single one of the 600 voters said they were "very likely" to vote (presumably that was a cutoff question). Romney, and the GOP in general, have had a consistent lead among those "most enthusiastic" even when they lost their enthusiasm advantage in general.

Still solidly consistent with a 2-3 point lead, if not better given Suffolk's apparent GOP lean.
Guess it's a safe Romney state then, like NC, FL, and VA

i wonder how the networks
CNN/Fox
would respond to an Obama 332-347 win?

-"Was Obama campaign too aggressive?"
-"Was america ready for a Mormon president?"
- "our polls showed Romney was the weakest gop nominee since..."
- "7.8% save the president?"
-"Why did Obama get less electoral votes than before"?
-"Do minorities hate Romney?"
-"Are women too emotional to vote?"

CNN/Fox

Obama wins in a squeaker.

GhaleonEB

CNN/Fox

"The election was basically a tie."

Romney: "Let's flip a coin!"

PistolGrip

sex vacation in Guam
CNN/Fox

Obama barely wins swing states. DOW down almost 100 pts.

CNN/Fox

Was releasing the 47% video a new low in American Politics?

Bowdz

Didn't Ryan already try the parry that it wasn't additional spending, it was a lack of a cut? And now is not the time to cut our military, etc etc. We need to have the strongest military, yadda yadda, credibility yadda yadda.

I'm sure all the MSNBC hosts will protect you ;P

Yep. Romney will try and dodge it like the first debate. It is up to Obama to hit back hard on it saying: A) This is your position as stated in the primary and on your website B) The Pentagon doesn't want nor need this funding C) If our national debt is one of the greatest risks to our economic security and well being, increasing military funding is irresponsible and unnecessary.

I understand both camps want to tamp down some of the fire from the second debate, but I think Obama needs to call Romney out forcefully on his flip flops. Make it damn clear with regards to Iran that the only other step left besides bilateral talks is war. Make it clear that getting involved militarily with Syria would be far worse than Iraq considering the intense ethnic diversity of the nation. Also hit back on how establishing a no fly zone over Syria is significantly harder than Libya considering the stronger air force at Assad's disposal and the increased number of SAM sites throughout the country. Obama needs to make it clear than labeling China a currency manipulator would invite a trade war which would cost American JOBS and hurt trade at a time when everyone is concerned about global slowdown.

IMO, Obama has the better hand this debate (even on Libya considering the recent report that the initial CIA memo attributed, as the administration has been saying all along, the initial attack in Benghazi to extremist elements in a spontaneous demonstration and it only changed later on) and he needs to hit back forcefully. Neocon foreign policy is truly the siren's song (Who doesn't want a strong America? Who doesn't want to stand up for freedom and justice? Who doesn't want to crack down on those who cheat?) and it will woo voters if it isn't forcefully called out as the contradictory BS it is.

HylianTom

Banned
I can't wait to laugh and laugh and laugh at Hannity's crying. Hell, I'd pay good money for a dance remix of the sounds of him weeping- and I don't/can't even dance! It'd just be so delicious!

Yep. Romney will try and dodge it like the first debate. It is up to Obama to hit back hard on it saying: A) This is your position as stated in the primary and on your website B) The Pentagon doesn't want nor need this funding C) If our national debt is one of the greatest risks to our economic security and well being, increasing military funding is irresponsible and unnecessary.
I think Obama hit it right in the debate when he said this with the proper emphasis:

Obama said:
But what I've also said is if we're serious about reducing the deficit, if this is genuinely a moral obligation to the next generation, then in addition to some tough spending cuts, we've also got to make sure that the wealthy do a little bit more.

He can also mention that its immoral to launch two wars without paying for them, all while cutting taxes. War isn't cheap, in treasure or lives. That's a good setup for a more balanced, even-handed approach to Iran.

I can't wait to laugh and laugh and laugh at Hannity's crying. Hell, I'd pay good money for a dance remix of the sounds of him weeping- and I don't/can't even dance! It'd just be so delicious!
I would pay good money to be on hannitys election night audience and scream "SCOREBOARD" at him all night.

codhand

President Barack Obama and Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney are deadlocked in the historical bellwether of Ohio, according to a poll from Suffolk University released Monday.

The poll shows Obama and Romney each earning the support of 47 percent of likely Buckeye State voters. Both Obama and Romney are also viewed favorably by 50 percent of Ohio voters.

http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/suffolk-poll-obama-romney-tied-in-ohio

pwh1oirwj.gif

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx
CNN/Fox

"You decide."

PistolGrip

sex vacation in Guam
I wonder If Obama wins a second term would the GOP have to work with him... He would have nothing to lose at that point. All their attacks will be wasted and risky.

I'm curious if Romney is going to just run from all his former positions like the first debate. I'm really hoping Obama is prepared for a version of Mitt that flops to the center again. I think it's harder for him to do it credibly than it is in his domestic policies, but Obama better be prepared for 90 minutes of Moderate Mitt bullshit.

Ohh, and Obama better damn well bring up the fact that Romney described the Bin Laden Raid, then proceeded to say he wouldn't have gone along with it back in 2008.

I look forward to the waves of voter fraud accusations.
This is like the fifth post like this. There will be nothing entertaining about what could happen if Obama wins despite inconsistent polls. We're already seeing the ground work laid for voter fraud claims, and I expect Fox to go all in with it. There certainly will be elected officials willing to testify on the subject; perhaps even a few tea party folks who lost reelection and have an axe to grind.

I want the election to be over, but I don't look forward to how ugly things will get. Sure I want to see Hannity and company throw Romney under the bus and complain about the media, but that's a different issue

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
By official decree of Jon husted, send your ballot here:

1 garbage way
Garbage, garbage (Michigan)
10000-1000

Why not...?
Because they left Florida saying it is a lock. But that is insane and no reputable pollster does this. Hell pollsters still poll Cali and mass and NY.

Sorry I just can't trust anyone who leaves a swing state that many show nearly a tie. I don't trust their motives.

Like I said its wrong but I just don't trust em. For example ras has a bias but I can trust them since its consistent and unintentional.

Effect

I really hope Obama presses Romney from the start and doesn't let up. Cut him off as much as possible if the moderator doesn't do a good job. Control the debate.

Al-ibn Kermit

I don't think Obama will be unprepared for Mitt jumping to the center on defense spending or Iran, the whole Romnesia campaign is probably timed for the debate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom