• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2012 |OT4|: Your job is not to worry about 47% of these posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Serious question, do you guys think this will move the needle?

I'm not being an ass either.

With all this tie nonsense, I'm genuinely curious what you think.

Biden was way too condescending, it'll be interesting to see what viewers think. Still, he clearly controlled the debate. Some of that was due to him talking over Ryan, but a lot of it had to do with Ryan seeming out of his league.

I'm not wrong often but when I am, I admit it. I thought Biden was going to bomb. Obviously polls might show Ryan won, but from my perspective - even if I were to think about it objectively - Biden clearly knocked that out the park

Can Biden debate Romney, please?

markatisu

The fact the GOP is making excuses just like the Dems last week shows who won. But I am sure certain gaffers will pull tweets to make the chicken little case

giga

Tip my hat to Martha for not repeating Lehrer's mistakes. She mostly had a handle on it up until the end. She was also informed and did not let them escape with their bullshit.

"So no specifics, then?"

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

I dunno, they'll only be able to keep this tie shit up for tonight. Once the polls come in there will be no denying the ether Biden dropped all over Ryan.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
Complained about time too much and the grinning early on wore thin, but otherwise a killer debate performance for the Vice President.

No idea. But it will energize the Democratic base.

Its a morale boost, and a sense of justice to see lies called out for the bullshit they are, without flowery words.

No, but hopefully liberals found their balls.
Put every last iota of the blame on Obama for letting his own people down. Its his fault the polls have changed, and nobody else's.

Biden came to fight, and thats what we need, and have always needed.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Brit Hume may be the biggest liar on television. Wow.

Said that Romney wasn't rude or a bully to the moderator in his debates.

Mgoblue201

Won't stop picking the right nation
Forcing Ryan to defend the 47% statement was a great decision (though I don't think Biden had much of a choice).

giga

plVq+

Biden was way too condescending, it'll be interesting to see what viewers think. Still, he clearly controlled the debate. Some of that was due to him talking over Ryan, but a lot of it had to do with Ryan seeming out of his league.

I'm not wrong often but when I am, I admit it. I thought Biden was going to bomb. Obviously polls might show Ryan won, but from my perspective - even if I were to think about it objectively - Biden clearly knocked that out the park

Can Biden debate Romney, please?

I notice a pattern developing.

9/10 for Biden. A little smug looking (and for good reason, Romney/Ryan deserve it but still), but Ryan won't be able to sit straight for a week.

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx
If Biden didn't back up his laughing and interruptions, it could have gone bad. But he did back it up and I think a large number of independents will think positively of it. I doubt this VP debate will has as major of an effect on the polls, but it could put a halt to Romney's rise.

GhaleonEB

McConnell now whining about Biden "talking over" Ryan.
I saw other GOPers taking that line on Twitter. They'd better hope it sticks because Biden creamed Ryan on substance.

I think it stops the bleeding, cold. It's up to Obama to start the healing, or reopen the wound.

coldfoot

Banned
CBS poll 50/31/19 Biden/Ryan/Tie among 500 undecideds, and all Biden's ratings up, especially the "relatable" statistic, despite all the criticisms about Biden's rudeness.

codhand

It's Kudlow, mr cocaine is a helluva drug, himself.

Funny Kudlow is defending Ryan exactly how Dems defended Obama, "He was serious for an hour and a half."

Jackson50

Tip my hat to Martha for not repeating Lehrer's mistakes. She mostly had a handle on it up until the end. She was also informed and did not let them escape with their bullshit.

"So no specifics, then?"
She performed satisfactorily despite a few mistakes. My only objections were how she framed a few of the foreign policy questions.
I think Biden won
I don't doubt that. But somewhere...someone didn't. And that could cost Obama.

I think Ryan's abortion answer was bad for Romney

I think it was fine - he was drawing a difference between allowing a moral exception and scientifically defining life. Not really different from being a Christian and not being for killing people, but supporting the death penalty in certain instances.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom