• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2013 |OT2| Worth 77% of OT1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diablos

The car tried to ram the White House gate first. Yeah....
Welp. I think that explains this is most certainly NOT an unrelated thing.

What violent rhetoric? "It's my way" is foolish or brave depending on where you stand, but what have Dems said that is violent?

Found out my grandfather died last night. I'm a federal employee who is exempted from the furlough. I can't take leave without putting myself on a furlough. That means I can choose between going to my grandfather's funeral (1200 miles away) and paying my mortgage, electricity, phone, gas, and food.

But it's OK because my representative asshat and senators fuck-bags haven't felt the impact.

Sorry for your loss and sorry that you're put in this spot. :(

Man the republican bubble must be more like a titanium bunker if you can type something like that without realizing the irony. Fighting Obamacare is like fighting the Nazis, Obama is destroying America, Obama is destroying our freedom and our families, our way of life is under attack, I mean seriously.

And yet, funnily enough, apparently all of the shooting was on part of the cops...?

Shame this is distracting from the shutdown, though.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
One question i have, every republican on tv keeps bringing up that Obama has made exemptions for his friends.

I may be wrong but I thought it was the GOP that kept asking for a delay when it comes to big corporations?

Clevinger

One question i have, every republican on tv keeps bringing up that Obama has made exemptions for his friends.

I may be wrong but I thought it was the GOP that kept asking for a delay when it comes to big corporations?

Your first problem is trying to look for logic and consistency in what the GOP is saying.

codhand

eJm16jL.png

ItsSoBeautifulCrying_zps67298399.gif

TAMPA (CBS Tampa) — Artist Jon McNaughton is standing up for gun rights in his latest painting.

Titled “Stand Your Ground” – a controversial law brought into the limelight when George Zimmerman fatally shot Trayvon Martin in Sanford, Fla. – his work depicts a man dressed in soldier fatigues holding both an assault rifle and an American flag.

“America is about freedom. We believe in strong families, patriotism, God, and justice. We won’t bother you if you don’t bother us . . . well, that’s the way it should be,” McNaughton stated about the piece.
http://tampa.cbslocal.com/2013/10/0...-depicts-american-standing-up-for-gun-rights/

Now 22 GOPers support clean CR. Media should be pushing this but they won't.

Why should they push it? Those congressmen had a chance to end the shutdown yesterday and didn't. Not a single one voted against the house rule.

They're too scared to challenge Boehner or the tea party.

Thats why we need to disarm cops, like the UK

Id wager most shootings are by crazy cops

I heard she ran her car into a cop car and injured the cop pretty bad. Not a good idea if you don't want to get shot at. I'm not a fan of cops either, but a crazed woman slamming into things with her car is considered using a deadly weapon.

Piecake

I think the best solution is just require cops to wear video cams and turn them on when they are interacting with the public. Itll make it less likely that everyone doesnt do anything stupid or be needlessly belligerent

BOB BECKEL: But there were a lot of people who yesterday got a chance for the first time in their lives to get health insurance, and I think it's a wonderful thing. …

FORMER BUSH WHITE HOUSE PRESS SECRETARY DANA PERINO: For the first time in their life? Honestly, Bob.

BECKEL: No, really.

PERINO: If you didn't have health insurance, there was a way for you to get help through Medicaid or Medicare, if you're older. There's lots of different programs that if you had no way to get help. I understand the anxiety of not having health insurance if you are employed and your employer doesn't provide for it and you don't qualify for Medicaid. But to say that there are millions of people who never had a chance at health care --

KIMBERLY GUILFOYLE: It's just not true, Bob.

PERINO: But also, anybody can walk in any hospital and they can be treated and receive medical attention.

LOL

Diablos

Why should they push it? Those congressmen had a chance to end the shutdown yesterday and didn't. Not a single one voted against the house rule.

Indeed, if they can't match their stance/rhetoric with action, welp... that is sad. Still, the media has an obligation to report what is going on and not just "ONCE AGAIN BOTH SIDES ARE 2 BLAME, WE LOVE VIEWERSHIP HERP MCDERP".

Yep, "just go to the ER and pay all expenses out of pocket you dirty poor" is the GOP's answer for non-seniors needing health insurance.

Not to mention the notion of how dumb it is for the emergency room to be your primary method of care for... non-emergencies.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

God forbid I defend Wolf Blitzer, it makes me feel dirty, but he was pushing this pretty hard when I was watching CNN earlier today.

Diablos

Not surprising that conservatives are ignorant of basic government data. But hey, I guess 40 million working adults who don't have insurance don't matter. Christ, what stupidity
They matter to GOPers, but only to the extent that they can just get care from an emergency room, when things are at their absolute worst and you may have a condition or disease that could have been stopped/managed by, you know, having health insurance.

So honestly, they are saying "that's what you get for being a poor and not bettering yourself, you deserve to suffer until the brink of your health collapsing"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom