• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2013 |OT2| Worth 77% of OT1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diablos

Corbett is going to get destroyed and it will be glorious.

Oh, and Diablos: took this one in central PA this morning-

1376608_10152001437942425_1416653779_n_zps4654fc76.jpg

I wonder what was in that chair?
It looks like a US Flag is there now.

Hahaha, where in Central PA was that?

So it's the same old crap.

Funny how Mr. "This isn't a damn game" now wants "points on the board".

It looks like a US Flag is there now.

Hahaha, where in Central PA was that?

I'm not sure of the exact town. Northern Dauphin County somewhere. I had just passed over a mountain through towns that looked like they were straight out of deliverance when I saw it. That's my passenger side car window.

I slowed down JUST enough to take the photo then hauled ass out of there before someone caught me taking photos of their lawn and assumed I was CIA, Illuminati, or whatever. Edit: Hell, there are so few minorities in suits and luxury cars in that neck of the woods I wouldn't be surprised if they thought I WAS Obama.

Diablos

I'm not sure of the exact town. Northern Dauphin County somewhere. I had just passed over a mountain through towns that looked like they were straight out of deliverance when I saw it. That's my passenger side car window.

I slowed down JUST enough to take the photo then hauled ass out of there before someone caught me taking photos of their lawn and assumed I was CIA, Illuminati, or whatever.
LOL, I was thinking Northumberland -- which is right above northern Dauphin County. Wasn't too far off. hahaha. It would figure.

LOL, I was thinking Northumberland -- which is right above northern Dauphin County. Wasn't too far off. hahaha. It would figure.

I'm just wondering what it was that was either so racist or so offensive, that central PA rednecks had to stop and say "that's fucked up man, you gotta take that down."

So it's the same old crap.

Funny how Mr. "This isn't a damn game" now wants "points on the board".

From the same link:

Speaker John Boehner rallied his troops this morning at a closed-door conference meeting at the Capitol. Democrats are trying to “annihilate us,” he told his members. “We can get through this if we stick together.”

I liked Fark's headline a few days ago:

The longer this goes on, the more John Boehner is sounding like General Paulus, trapped in the frozen desert of Stalingrad, trying desperately to convince his troops that the future holds anything but abject and total surrender

The Tea Party thinks this is Thermopylae. The Democrats think it's Stalingrad.

I didn't know that. That is unfortunate but at least he's not proposing destructive policy to address it.

Yeah, I don't point that out to knock Sanders per se (although it is a knock against him), but to show how embedded destructive thinking about debts and deficits has become. It infects everybody. Sanders probably talks that way (i.e., shows concern about reducing the deficit) in part because conservatives have been so successful in persuading everybody that debt matters that a politician has little choice. It's really up to us to change that dynamic.

teiresias

Stupid Republicans. Being furloughed I couldn't rationalize holding on to my Playstation 4 preorder on Amazon . . . . so cancelled. I'll need to replace what I take out of savings to make it through this crap before I buy one, so I'll just buy it in January. Granted, getting back pay will make that easier, but not knowing how long this is going to go is frustrating . . . it still hasn't been as long as the 90s shutdown though, so that's something.

ivysaur12

Banned
My biggest fear is that the Democrats don't take the House but knock off all of the moderate Rs left, leaving the Tea Party with even more power with a slimmer majority and less wiggle room for Boehner.

Of course, moderates haven't really helped now. But still.

Democrats with gain. Not enough to take the House. Lays a good stage for 2016 when the Democrats dominate with Blessed Hil Dawg.

Stupid Republicans. Being furloughed I couldn't rationalize holding on to my Playstation 4 preorder on Amazon . . . . so cancelled. I'll need to replace what I take out of savings to make it through this crap before I buy one, so I'll just buy it in January. Granted, getting back pay will make that easier, but not knowing how long this is going to go is frustrating . . . it still hasn't been as long as the 90s shutdown though, so that's something.

PS4 bomba confirmed
THANKS OBAMA

gcubed

My biggest fear is that the Democrats don't take the House but knock off all of the moderate Rs left, leaving the Tea Party with even more power with a slimmer majority and less wiggle room for Boehner.

Of course, moderates haven't really helped now. But still.

a spineless moderate is no better then a tea party member

Charles Krauthammer's latest column blames the creation of the Tea Party on Obama (which is perhaps the most extreme version I've read of blaming Obama for not leading Republicans out of their own shit swamp) and says that the government shutdown is Democrats being punished. Because, you know, obviously the only people hurt by a government shutdown are congressional Democrats. Obviously.

Also, got this in the mail today:

xSVpRhn.png

When will someone impeach this monster?

Aylinato

From the same link:

I liked Fark's headline a few days ago:

The Tea Party thinks this is Thermopylae. The Democrats think it's Stalingrad.

lol Tea Party being the Greeks and Democrats being Commie Russians. LOL.

For a better and more accurate representation it would be more like the United States Civil War. Where the Tea Party is the South, and the North is the Democrats. We all know who won the bloody conflict, and we all know how the south felt like sore losers to this day.

::Edit:: wow I keep thinking about this comparison and it fits so perfectly with how the north back then was liberals, and the south were conservatives.

lol this press conference is HYSTERICAL. None of the people talking even understand how the fucking economy works. Jesus fucking Christ.

lol Tea Party being the Greeks and Democrats being Commie Russians. LOL.

For a better and more accurate representation it would be more like the United States Civil War. Where the Tea Party is the South, and the North is the Democrats. We all know who won the bloody conflict, and we all know how the south felt like sore losers to this day.

::Edit:: wow I keep thinking about this comparison and it fits so perfectly with how the north back then was liberals, and the south were conservatives.

that division never really went away.

"southern democrats" (i.e. racist lunatics who were democrats only because lincoln was a republican) split from the democratic party in 1964 when the civil rights act was passed.

They then joined the republican party. Race Baiting and coded language ("welfare queens", etc) has kept them there since.

ido

Relying on GAF to tell me what I'm missing from watching this conference.

Reading about the McConnell Rule on the last page had me a little hard, imo.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Not one of his better speeches so far. Its accurate but I don't feel like he's really capturing the ludicrousness of the situation, especially the repeated refusal to negotiate

ido

I was able to watch a few minutes at work, and it's strange(yet I understand why he does it) that he almost brags about a lowered deficit considering the state of unemployment right now.

Why can't the majority of the country realize that working to fix high unemployment is a bigger priority than worrying about the deficit level?

I had to stop watching, but hopefully he doesn't fold and ends with a mic drop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom