• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2013 |OT2| Worth 77% of OT1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Except Allah is the Black Man and Allah stands for Arm, Leg, Leg, Arm, Head of the Black Man.

They have mishmashed pieces of traditional Islamic theology and principles here and there because Wallace Fard Muhammad knew bits and pieces of Islam and wanted to start something new combined with his own personal beliefs.

This is quite seriously the only place I've been on the internet that even entertains the idea that NoI is somehow tied to traditional Islam.

WU-TANG, WU-TANG.

Damn. I still can't believe how close Newt came to winning the Republican primary with all that baggage.
Did he? He won one (souther) primary and then imploded. The majority of his cash on hand came from one donor...

The only period where Romney truly looked vunerable (as in "wow he just might lose" vunerable) was when Perry entered the race, and we know what happened immediately afterwards.

Did he? He won one (souther) primary and then imploded. The majority of his cash on hand came from one donor...

The only period where Romney truly looked vunerable (as in "wow he just might lose" vunerable) was when Perry entered the race, and we know what happened immediately afterwards.

I still wonder how far the Cain train would've went without the scandal.

It's amazing looking back at how the GOP LITERALLY went through EVERYONE winning before they finally set upon letting Romney have the nomination.

I still wonder how far the Cain train would've went without the scandal.

It's amazing looking back at how the GOP LITERALLY went through EVERYONE winning before they finally set upon letting Romney have the nomination.

It was like watching elementary kids avoiding picking someone that they don't like when drafting teams for kickball. It was hilarious.

G91szl9.png

Politically, they might as well be.

It's going to be so fun watching whoever the GOP nominee ends up being attempt to become moderate in the general election. I wonder if we'll get another McCain/Romney moderate who goes full crazy in the primaries only to be screwed in general OR if the GOP will go full conservative from the beginning.

It's going to be so fun watching whoever the GOP nominee ends up being attempt to become moderate in the general election. I wonder if we'll get another McCain/Romney moderate who goes full crazy in the primaries only to be screwed in general OR if the GOP will go full conservative from the beginning.

The GOP is in a catch 22 because of their own stupidity and Fox News.

Isn't it New Hampshire that has their conservative side dominated by libertarians? Not really too surprising.

In other news from the Live Free or Die state....

Boston Marathon bomber Tamerlan Tsarnaev bought three pounds of black powder from N.H. fireworks store

Boston Marathon bomber purchased fireworks from same company as Times Square bomber Faisal Shazad.

Boston Marathon bomber Tamerlan Tsarnaev walked into a New Hampshire fireworks store two months before his deadly attack and asked for the “biggest and loudest” kit — then got another set for free, the Daily News has learned.

In a chilling twist, the company that sold Tamerlan the fireworks is the same one that sold Times Square bomber Faisal Shahzad the firecrackers he used to build his failed car bomb.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/tamerlan-bought-bombs-article-1.1325504#ixzz2RPIyj8vf

Who knew that terrorism was so easy?

Huffpost's dynamic updating of the site as you're reading/scrolling is an abomination. Who the hell thought the stories should get removed/updated as you're reading them? Java gone wild.

Here's some conservative doublethink from Cal Thomas if anyone's in the mood to gawk and boggle.

Cal Thomas said:
More must also be done to curtail the admission of radical imams and the construction of mosques and Islamic schools where hatred of America, Jews and Christians is preached and taught. How many sleeper cells are there in America?

They must be found and dismantled. As offensive as this may be to some sensibilities, it is either that, or the offense of more terrorist attacks by people who hate us and are willing to die in the pursuit of goals they believe are dictated by their god.

Isn't it New Hampshire that has their conservative side dominated by libertarians? Not really too surprising.
Pretty much. The far right took the state GOP over in 2010. Which means republicans basically have three early state primaries (Iowa, NH, SC) that could be won by an extremist candidate. Brilliant.

The biggest takeaway from that GOP "autopsy" should have been that the party's nomination process is bad. Iowa and NH aren't particularly liberal or conservative states overall, but the local GOP parties in both states are extremist due to a vocal group of far right voters; so in order to win those states a candidate has to win over that vocal minority of loud, activist voters - thus turning off the rest of the state; Romney was never truly competitive during the general election in Iowa, and Obama had a modest NH lead from the beginning. Then you have South Carolina, a southern state dominated by gutter politics (see: McCain's black baby, Gingrich's 2012 debate performance theater, etc).

So yea, a Ted Cruz type could indeed win all of these states, and be on the fast track to the nomination before the establishment GOP could stop him. Republicans have a pretty nice bench of establishment types for 2016 though, so it won't be a walk in the park for Cruz per se...plus I think Rand Paul is more talented (and more American /birther).

To be fair rocket, God founded this country and chose George Washington to be the salvation for those persecuted new settlers. We know this because he provided Africans and Native Americans the gift of going from savages to near complete human beings. This country unlike any other in the history of the world was inspired by Jesus Christ and therefore it makes God cry when we have such evil as those Moslems who pray to their Mohammeds and their demonz. It's imperative that we who are the pure Americans defend this country from those Anti-Christs. Freedom of religion doesn't apply to non Christians and those Jesus inspired founding fathers would agree wholeheartedly.

Ha. In my model Congress today I was arguing that government spending creates jobs, and the dude representing Justin Amash went up and said it's bad because we could essentially pay people to dig holes and fill them up.

I yelled out-loud, "So what?" In my head I thought that, so long as they get paid to do that and spend that money elsewhere, I'm completely fine with it.

To be fair rocket, God founded this country and chose George Washington to be the salvation for those persecuted new settlers. We know this because he provided Africans and Native Americans the gift of going from savages to near complete human beings. This country unlike any other in the history of the world was inspired by Jesus Christ and therefore it makes God cry when we have such evil as those Moslems who pray to their Mohammeds and their demonz. It's imperative that we who are the pure Americans defend this country from those Anti-Christs. Freedom of religion doesn't apply to non Christians and those Jesus inspired founding fathers would agree wholeheartedly.

Absolutely. It may be offensive to some sensibilities, but I think all Real Americans understand that the First Amendment (among others, but never the Second) is nuanced and that we are called to apply it in a manner consistent with the Christian values our founding fathers intended.

BTW Harry Reid's aide was absolutely demolished by John Oliver on the Daily Show tonight over gun control.

The series has been absolutely fantastic. When they said "part 2 of our 3 part series" I kind of yipped in excitement. I hadn't realized yesterday was getting a sequel, and tomorrow(?) I get another one.

They deserve some legit awards for these.

Averon

Watching the GOP whine about FAA cuts is incredible. Cuts caused by the sequester, the very same sequester that they argued is needed and won't be a big deal any way. And now that the pain of the sequester is really beginning to take shape, which, by the way, Obama warned about and was mock for by the right, they bitch about Obama and complain that he's cutting TOO much or recklessly, and is doing it for political gain.

Rand Paul Flip-Flops on Drones!

Marking an abrupt shift in tone from his epic March filibuster, Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) said late Monday that he would be fine with a drone killing a run-of-the-mill armed robber.

"Here's the distinction: I have never argued against any technology being used when you have an imminent threat, an act of crime going on," Paul said on Fox Business Network. "If someone comes out of a liquor store with a weapon and $50 in cash, I don't care if a drone kills him or a policeman kills him. But it's different if they want to come fly over your hot tub or your yard just because they want to do surveillance on everyone, and they want to watch your activities."

Paul launched a 13-hour filibuster in March after sending a letter to Attorney General Eric Holder asking him to clarify whether American citizens could be killed in drone strikes. "No American should be killed by a drone on American soil without first being charged with a crime, without first being found to be guilty by a court," he said.

"We should not be willy-nilly looking into everyone's backyard at what they're doing. If there is a killer on the loose in a neighborhood, I am not against drones being used to search them out, heat-seeking devices being used," he told Fox Business.

Law enforcement has increasingly used military technology in policing since 9/11, as HuffPost's Radley Balko has reported. One Texas county's police department said in 2011 that its $300,000 drone could be outfitted with nonlethal weapons, like a Taser or bean-bag gun.

Paul's spokeswoman did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/23/rand-paul-drones_n_3140850.html

So, where are the "Rand is being admirable" people regarding his filibuster, now?

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Ha. In my model Congress today I was arguing that government spending creates jobs, and the dude representing Justin Amash went up and said it's bad because we could essentially pay people to dig holes and fill them up.

I yelled out-loud, "So what?" In my head I thought that, so long as they get paid to do that and spend that money elsewhere, I'm completely fine with it.
Eh, it's still wasteful, but a good counterargument is that it's not particularly hard to find productive things to do with public money, especially when our roads are already full of holes. Even without this, it can be a net positive if the people doing the work gain skills and experience which are still required even after government work is over.

Eh, it's still wasteful, but a good counterargument is that it's not particularly hard to find productive things to do with public money, especially when our roads are already full of holes.

MMT endorses a job guarantee even just for digging holes and filling them back in. There's actually a lot of good stuff to read on the topic!

MMT endorses a job guarantee even just for digging holes and filling them back in. There's actually a lot of good stuff to read on the topic!

Be careful. As I understand it, MMT doesn't specifically endorse this or any particular policy. It just states the relationship between taxes, currency, and the state printing it. A policy of paying people to dig and fill holes is just a left wing policy that is better rationalized when understanding our monetary system under the MMT framework.

Funny, considering Keynes was being a smartass (he was notorious for that) when he wrote the holes in the ground being effective for unemployment.

"'To dig holes in the ground', paid for out of savings, will increase, not only employment, but the real national dividend of useful goods and services. It is not reasonable, however, that a sensible community should be content to remain dependent on such fortuitous and often wasteful mitigations when once we understand the influences upon which effective demand depends." - From his General Theory

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom