• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2013 |OT3| 1,000 Years of Darkness and Nuclear Fallout

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Eh, I won't believe it until it happens. Reid may have appeared to grow a spine during the shutdown, but this is like the 3rd time he's threatened this just this year, iirc. I'm not buying it until he actually does something for once.

Yup

Eh, I won't believe it until it happens. Reid may have appeared to grow a spine during the shutdown, but this is like the 3rd time he's threatened this just this year, iirc. I'm not buying it until he actually does something for once.

He won't go through with it is the GOP mostly caves on it like last time.

And I bet the same is true here. Now it's the GOP's move. If they capitulate, they preserve it. If not, I believe Reid will follow through.

How bout we don't cheer masses of peopke getting old and dying for political gain?

Nah, I'm OK with saying, that for the most part, every day somebody old, white, and Southern dies, it's probably a good thing for the future of the country. Feel bad for their family and all, but in the long run. Notice I'm sure they'll the same thing about me in 2095 when the issue is whether to subsidize Brainboxes for All or not.

Sen. Carl Levin (MI), a consistent Democratic opponent of filibuster reform, said the GOP's recent judicial blockade hasn't changed his mind. "If the majority can change the rules, there are no rules," Levin told reporters.

get out

Tamanon

Banned
I kinda understand what Levin is getting at, but I feel it doesn't apply to the whole filibuster thing. I mean, think of a Constitution that simply required a majority to change.

But in this case, we're talking about parliamentary procedures, and the rules change every session anyways.

Levins argument will eventually lose resonance because the elder statesmen who remember when things got done will be replaced by those who only know obstruction

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Is this like the first time ever that the right-wing's complained about Lincoln not getting much appreciation? Normally, conservatives invoke his name during racial arguments to remind everyone that he was a Republican and therefore Republicans can't ever be racist.

Wilsongt

Is this like the first time ever that the right-wing's complained about Lincoln not getting much appreciation? Normally, conservatives invoke his name during racial arguments to remind everyone that he was a Republican and therefore Republicans can't ever be racist.

Anything to make Obama look bad for their base. Remember Feetonovalofficetablegate or nosuitjacketintheovalifficegate?

Averon

Why Scott Walker?

Has he done or said anything that would imply he can expand the GOP base outside their usual demographics?

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Oh god Walker would actually worry me just because I have no idea how the fuck he's managed to do what he has in Wisconsin and he might somehow pull something similar with the nation

Why Scott Walker?

Has he done or said anything that would imply he can expand the GOP base outside their usual demographics?

He hasn't said anything bluntly racist or anti-gay, he's not a cartoon evil CEO boss (in fact, he doesn't have a fancy college degree), and he really took it too those unions. So, in theory, Hispanic's, suburbanites who look down at teachers and other public employees, and the 'drink a beer with' demographic.

Diablos

Oh god Walker would actually worry me just because I have no idea how the fuck he's managed to do what he has in Wisconsin and he might somehow pull something similar with the nation
oO2XjAd.jpg

Diablos

Would Walker be that formidable of a candidate? I always read him as a Teabagger who got lucky in a crappy election cycle for Dems, who then even got luckier when a local plan to recall him turned out to be a total clusterfuck.

tbh, if Walker is the nominee, I say Hillary picks Feingold as her VP nominee.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom