• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2013 |OT3| 1,000 Years of Darkness and Nuclear Fallout

Status
Not open for further replies.
End of November until they're more or less done making fixes. The steady improvement that has occurred since launch is expected to pick up between now and then. Still late in the game, but it's not like they're going to flip a switch and fix everything.

Yea, still a big clusterfuck on the administration's part.

Prices of all the ACA plans in each state, by county. Also included are dental and small business plans/prices. Following the links allow you to circumvent the sign up process but DOES not incorporate subsidies/tax credits into the final price.

Wilsongt

clear.jpg

Mah brain.

GhaleonEB

New blog post from Kathleen Sebelius, talking up their data services hub, after recent improvements.

Couple stats:

As of yesterday, nearly 700,000 Americans had completed an application through the Marketplaces – more than half of them through the federal Marketplace. This does not count applications directly to Medicaid and CHIP agencies that also can use the Hub.

The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) has received and responded to more than 1.3 million requests for historical household income and family size tax data from the hub. The number of requests received does not reflect the number of people about whom the requests were made (i.e., a single request can involve everyone in a household). Thus, the number of individuals about whom the requests were made could be higher than 1.3 million. The IRS has provided data responses electronically via the hub in “near-real” time (average actual response time is 0.37 seconds).

That is awesome.
The good guys:
Rand Paul the fake-Libertarian clown with his Southern Avenger side-kick.
Ted Cruz the theocrat demagogue destroying the GOP who has an approval rating in the 20s.
A guy I don't recognize who I assume is Ted Cruz's silent side-kick Mike Lee.
A black guy so they don't look racist who got kicked out of office.

The evil establishment:
Lindsay Graham who they somehow caught in a scowl.
Donut chomping Christie who has probably the highest approval rating of all Republicans.
John McCain, their former presidential nominee caught looking like emperor Palpatine.
The Turtle that got himself a $3B pork package to end the shutdown.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
The GOP wants to get its groove back with young people.
It took a step toward that on Thursday by naming Elliott Echols as the party's first national youth director, seven months after releasing a report that showed people perceive the Grand Old Party as, well, old and disconnected from pop culture.

“Today's announcement is groundbreaking,” said Republican National Committee Chairman Reince Priebus. “Bringing Elliot on board in an off-year will help us build relationships with young voters and mobilize students and young professionals to take our message to their peers.”

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/...GOP-HQ-Today-s-announcement-is-groundbreaking

Welp, that about wraps it up for the Dems young people advantage.

Joe Molotov

That is awesome.
The good guys:
Rand Paul the fake-Libertarian clown with his Southern Avenger side-kick.
Ted Cruz the theocrat demagogue destroying the GOP who has an approval rating in the 20s.
A guy I don't recognize who I assume is Ted Cruz's silent side-kick Mike Lee.
A black guy so they don't look racist who got kicked out of office.

The evil establishment:
Lindsay Graham who they somehow caught in a scowl.
Donut chomping Christie who has probably the highest approval rating of all Republicans.
John McCain, their former presidential nominee caught looking like emperor Palpatine.
The Turtle that got himself a $3B pork package to end the shutdown.

And now you "Know the difference.™"

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Hadn't thought of this before:

Ted Cruz obtains health insurance via his wife, a Goldman Sachs employee. The policy is worth about $20,000 per year. When asked about this, a Cruz spokesman said the plan “comes at no cost to the taxpayer.” As the Huffington Post points out, this isn’t true:

As with any family on employer-sponsored coverage, Heidi Nelson Cruz’s health insurance essentially functions as untaxed income. Rather than pay her an additional $20,000 in salary, Goldman compensates her just as much through her health plan, which the Cruz family won’t have to pay taxes on.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...-what-the-government-gives-him-hes-not-alone/

Thoughts?

That is kinda nit-picking.

I'm more offended that Mr. fake populist doesn't ever talk about the zillions of zero interest money Goldman Sachs has received and thus he profits off central banking excess.

Actually, I'm even more offended by these fake Christians doing everything they can to prevent poor people from getting affordable healthcare. As an atheist, I am much more of a Christian than this asshole.

Wilsongt

That is kinda nit-picking.

I'm more offended that Mr. fake populist doesn't ever talk about the zillions of zero interest money Goldman Sachs has received and thus he profits off central banking excess.

Actually, I'm even more offended by these fake Christians doing everything they can to prevent poor people from getting affordable healthcare. As an atheist, I am much more of a Christian than this asshole.

Had a Republican passed healthcare reform, they would he all over it like a fundy protesting a gay pride parade. They would adore it. But since it's Obama... Fuck the poor.

He's gonna make an awesome [First] First Man
I hate to talk about 2016 . . . but the way things are right now . . . it is a shoo-in. Who the fuck is going to beat her? Rand Paul? LOL. Ted Cruz? Even worse. The best they have is Christie but they won't nominate him.

But . . . the current state of affairs is meaningless . . . the time between now and then can change things massively.

Joe Molotov

That's what usually gets used in TV/movies, yeah. I THINK there's no actual official title yet because we've never had to use it.

It would be (will be :p) doubly weird in Bill Clinton's case because former presidents are often still referred to as "President" for life. So President Hillary Clinton's husband would also be President Clinton.

President Hilldawg and Clinton 42

Konka

Banned
That's what usually gets used in TV/movies, yeah. I THINK there's no actual official title yet because we've never had to use it.

It would be (will be :p) doubly weird in Bill Clinton's case because former presidents are often still referred to as "President" for life. So President Hillary Clinton's husband would also be President Clinton.

If he ran as Vice President would we call him Vice President President Clinton?

Joe Molotov

I was at Hastings today, and they had a section of books by local authors, and one of them was a pulse-pounding, high-octane, legal thriller about tort reform.
Z0kqP.png

The story was was about secret organization called "Paladin" that got together to kill corrupt lawyers and judges.The inside cover had some quotes from the book, and one of them I remember was:
"If we do this, we'll be put on death row."
"Death row? Our legal system is on death row. Our economy is on death row. Our country is on death row. Are you going to go down with the ship?"

Z0kqP.png
Z0kqP.png
Z0kqP.png

Sibylus

Banned
After troops leave, U.S. to lose access to Afghan reconstruction projects worth billions
As coalition forces withdraw from Afghanistan, U.S.-funded reconstruction projects worth billions of dollars in far-flung regions of the country will soon be impossible for American officials to safely visit and directly inspect.

The planned removal of more than 40,000 troops and the closure of dozens of bases over the next year will shrink the protective umbrella for U.S. officials to keep tabs on construction work, training programs and other initiatives in the corruption-plagued nation. Only about 20 percent of the country will be accessible to U.S. civilian oversight personnel in 2014, according to an analysis conducted by the special inspector general for Afghanistan reconstruction and obtained by The Washington Post.

1jiKzXm.png

The long legs of war weariness keep on kicking. Hopefully these contractors will be more competent than the last batch (sorry aboot that, by the by).

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

Now presenting: President Clinton and President Clinton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom