• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2013 |OT3| 1,000 Years of Darkness and Nuclear Fallout

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilsongt

Another day, more shit falling from Ted Cruz's mouth like Niagra Falls.

Ted Cruz Blames Senate Republicans For Obamacare Loss

DES MOINES - Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Tx., gave the keynote address at a state Republican party fundraiser here this evening and told the crowd the country is "facing a new paradigm in politics and it is the paradigm of the rise of the grassroots" and "it has official Washington absolutely terrified."

"Only the people can turn us around. This new paradigm has been beta tested, unlike the Obamacare website," Cruz quipped to the crowd of about 600 at the Iowa GOP's Ronald Reagan dinner. "It was beta tested in 1980 with the Reagan revolution, and we pulled this country back from the brink. And if you look at this past year we have been saying over and over and over again the power of the grassroots."

Cruz - who has visited the first presidential caucus state three times in the last three months - ticked off victories he believes conservatives have won in Washington, D.C. as a "result of the grassroots rising up," including blocking legislation on gun control, immigration reform, and preventing American military intervention in

A potential 2016 presidential candidate, Cruz focused much of his speech on his continued opposition to the Affordable Care Act or Obamacare. Last month, he spoke for 21 hours on the Senate floor to try and urge his colleagues to fund the government without funding the ACA. He also helped to shut down the government for 16 days in order to try and stop the funding of the health care law.

He said his latest battle, defeating the Affordable Care Act or Obamacare, is just the next step, and while some may say he "accomplished nothing" in his unsuccessful effort, he thinks "collectively we accomplished a great deal" and conservatives' efforts "elevated the national debate" around the health care law. He added that Republicans were able to tell "millions" more Americans the law is a "disaster."

He laid the blame for the unsuccessful effort squarely on Senate Republicans saying "had we stood together I'm convinced the outcome of this fight would be very, very different."

"Just a few months ago all official Washington scoffed that the grassroots would rise up," Cruz said. "Official Washington scoffed that the House of Representatives would vote to fund the federal government and to defund Obamacare and the House of Representatives exercising a profile in courage stood strong and listened to the American people and led the fight. Now, we didn't accomplish our ultimate policy goal in this battle and we didn't because unfortunately a significant number of Senate Republicans chose not to unite and stand side by side with House Republicans."

He said the fight to kill the health care law will continue for him calling it an "ongoing effort" and he is now "more encouraged than ever" noting he is "confident in time the U.S. Senate will listen as well to the American people."

"We need to unify, we need to come together, and let me tell you growth and freedom are principals and ideals that unify the entire Republican Party," Cruz said, explaining that all aspects of the Republican Party can come together if "we get back to our core principals" although he quickly noted that "if you took every Washington strategist and dumped them in the ocean you know what you'd call it? A good start. "

Cruz was introduced by Iowa's Republican governor, Terry Branstad and although most of the speakers before him, including the party chair, noted the schism in the Republican party Branstad said he wanted to "help bring all Republicans together" and urged the party to follow Reagan's 11th commandment: Thou shalt not speak ill of any fellow Republican.

"We need to be united as a party and we need to get our message across to the people of this great country," Branstad said, continuing on to praise the nation's Republican governors and said those in Washington are too busy "attacking others, blaming others, than leading."

The five term governor called Cruz a "bright up-and-comer."

In a press conference after the dinner, Cruz was asked about Branstad's comments and whether he had violated Reagan's 11th commandment when he blamed Senate Republicans. He answered that he "is a big believer that Republicans need to stand for principal."

"Throughout my remarks tonight and throughout my tenure in Washington I have been very careful not to speak ill of any senator Republican or Democrat, that's very different than not willing to speak the truth," Cruz said.

The Texas senator and tea party hero made no mention of his own possible presidential ambitions, but did say when it comes to the 2014 midterm elections "nothing, nothing, nothing matters more than an energized and active and vocal grassroots America."

"That's how you win elections," Cruz added.

The crowd was supportive of Cruz's efforts to fight the president's three year old health care plan. Cary Smith, a pharmacist, said she "didn't mind the government shutdown."

"I do think it was worth the effort," Smith told ABC News. "If you don't take a stand at some point, when will you do it? There's really not a good time for anything. You just have to jump in and try and get the job done."

Marcia Guffey said she attended the dinner because she "love(s)" Cruz, calling him her "hero."

"He knew [the effort to defund Obamacare] was going to be fruitless in that regard, because he knew he didn't have the votes, but he wanted to take a stand, he wanted to go on record this is our red line," Guffey said.

Iowans are used to getting up close to famous politicians and presidential hopefuls and at least one attendee said he likes Cruz, but he still needed to hear more.

"I just want to hear that politicians are on our side," Dan Gee said. "It's sort of like 'Star Trek,' when the Borg takes over, we send these young politicians to Washington and suddenly something happens, and they change, they become part of the Borg. So I am really excited for a guy like Ted Cruz. He gives me hope."

The vice chair of the Democratic National Committee and mayor of Minneapolis R.T. Rybak traveled to Des Moines to provide a counter argument to Cruz. In an interview with ABC News before the speech, he said "the Republicans are really happy that Ted Cruz is here because he's their ideological soul mate, and Democrats are happy because it reminds people what an ideologically extreme party the Republicans have become."

"Ted Cruz sees people's health care as a political issue, but to the single mom with a pre-existing condition to the kid with cancer who is worried about their experimental drugs … Obamacare is actually a good thing, and it will be for a generations," Rybak said. "Ted Cruz's extremism is going to mark Republicans as extremists for many years to come."

Cruz is in Des Moines for two days of events after doing a victory tour of sorts in Texas, where he was greeted by enthusiastic crowds. Saturday he will attend an important event that's become a must-stop for any possible presidential contender: Rep. Steve King's annual pheasant hunt in the northwest part of the state. After hunting the two will speak at a lunch fundraiser for King's congressional campaign.

We've found the 5% that approve of Congress!

Chichikov

Who's the uber-douche to the right of Cruz?

No one's to the right of Cruz! lolololol
That would be representative Trey Gowdy, South Carolina's 4th district (the fighting 4ths!).
Pretty random choice.

Why do I even know the name Trey Gowdy? I need to reevaluate my life choices.

Videoneon

I was at Hastings today, and they had a section of books by local authors, and one of them was a pulse-pounding, high-octane, legal thriller about tort reform.
Z0kqP.png

The story was was about secret organization called "Paladin" that got together to kill corrupt lawyers and judges.The inside cover had some quotes from the book, and one of them I remember was:
"If we do this, we'll be put on death row."
"Death row? Our legal system is on death row. Our economy is on death row. Our country is on death row. Are you going to go down with the ship?"

Z0kqP.png
Z0kqP.png
Z0kqP.png

:lol

it reminds me of this thing Bill Maher said during a New Rule segment on Libertarianism. The part I'm thinking of was on Ayn Rand:

"She wrote things like 'Money is the barometer of a society's virtue', and "The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me.' Ooh, sounds like something a Batman villain says."

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
He can't run as Vice President; he's ineligible for any more terms as president :p

There are some who would debate that given a little ambiguity around the combined eligibility requirements, though I'm sure none who would be so bold as to say it wouldn't or couldn't be challenged in court.

The concept was kicked around a little in the lead up to 2008 by a couple of outlets. Example below

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/10/19/AR2006101901572.html

Chichikov

CHEEZMO™;87626203 said:
That is awesome, it could really be series though -

"I started my life with a single absolute: that the world was mine to shape"

"It's simple to seek substitutes for competence--such easy substitutes: love, charm, kindness, charity. But there is no substitute for competence."

"I don't consult, i don't co-operate, I don't collaborate."

"A genius is a genius, regardless of the number of morons who belong to the same race"

"You'll never escape, Invisible Woman!"

And a couple of the ladies (I know nothing about comics, does Doom has a ladyfriend?) -

“If you tell a beautiful woman that she is beautiful, what have you given her? It's no more than a fact and it has cost you nothing".

“Love is reverence, and worship, and glory, and the upward glance. Not a bandage for dirty sores".​

Ahh, Ayn Rand. The "self-made" woman who fought to blood and tears for the bootstraps ideology only to die poor and on social assistance.

This bitch even hated democracy because it gave power to filthy incompetent creatures known as the poor and middle America. I know I made a thread on it but I would love to see how a Randian dictatorship would turn out. Pinochet's Chile during the 70s gave us a taste of that and it was hilarious.

East Lake

I was at Hastings today, and they had a section of books by local authors, and one of them was a pulse-pounding, high-octane, legal thriller about tort reform.
Z0kqP.png

The story was was about secret organization called "Paladin" that got together to kill corrupt lawyers and judges.The inside cover had some quotes from the book, and one of them I remember was:
"If we do this, we'll be put on death row."
"Death row? Our legal system is on death row. Our economy is on death row. Our country is on death row. Are you going to go down with the ship?"

Z0kqP.png
Z0kqP.png
Z0kqP.png
Sweet. That's some shit I'd think of after I'm all amped up from watching Batman. KILL EM ALL

Videoneon

Love the Doom/Rand picture.

Damn there are a lot of Marvel people on GAF. #whensmarvel

Ahh, Ayn Rand. The "self-made" woman who fought to blood and tears for the bootstraps ideology only to die poor and on social assistance.

This bitch even hated democracy because it gave power to filthy incompetent creatures known as the poor and middle America. I know I made a thread on it but I would love to see how a Randian dictatorship would turn out. Pinochet's Chile during the 70s gave us a taste of that and it was hilarious.

Huh, I checked out the thread. I found stumpokapow's post pretty interesting. And the fanfiction in that thread. Besides making me laugh it more so reinforced how fucked up the ideas are, how dictatorial it actually is

bonercop

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/10/27/who-is-that-girl-mysterious-face-healthcaregov/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+foxnews%2Fmost-popular+%28Internal+-+Most+Popular+Content%29

fox news is hard at work bringing you the stories that matter
She smiles back at countless frustrated Americans as they tried to log on to the ObamaCare website, the picture of youthful health and wholesome trust in her government.

Her long brown locks are pulled back behind her face, as she flashes an alluring grin that some say makes her the "Mona Lisa of health care." She could be the girl next door, someone you might see in the supermarket. Then again, she might be composite, crafted in Photoshop by a clever graphic artist whose work is already more successful than that of the IT team behind Healthcare.gov.

No one knows.

[....]

She may be in the witness protection program, but she is real, insists Richard Olague, spokesman for the Centers for Medicaid and Medicare Services, which oversees the new programs under the health care reforms.

“The woman featured on the website signed a release for us to use the photo, but to protect her privacy, we will not share her personal or contact info with anyone,” Olague told BuzzFeed in an e-mail.

You may think she looks a little like this stock photo model who, perhaps coincidentally, is named Adriana. But the boss at Andresr Imaging assured us the Healthcare.gov covergirl is not one of theirs.

"Umm, no," Andres Rodriguez told FoxNews.com. "That's not one of my photos, unfortunately."

He should know: "His" Adriana is his sister.

BONUS TOP RATED COMMENT:
obammysuxs 2 days ago

@Newtechone U MEAN NlGGERCARE OR NlGGEROMICS?

Wow Bill Maher and his buddy Dawkins were absolutely insufferable as a douchetag team. I must say I was impressed with Al Sharpton putting Dawkins in his place. It was despicable how Dawkins sits across the table from (reverend) Al Sharpton and calls religious people mindless and don't think. I mean I don't care much about the niceties, but at least have some respect if you want dialogue.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
Wow Bill Maher and his buddy Dawkins were absolutely insufferable as a douchetag team. I must say I was impressed with Al Sharpton putting Dawkins in his place. It was despicable how Dawkins sits across the table from (reverend) Al Sharpton and calls religious people mindless and don't think. I mean I don't care much about the niceties, but at least have some respect if you want dialogue.

Dorkins has become the worlds most high profile r/Atheist and hasn't had anything interesting to say for a long time. He seems to spend most of his time on Twitter posting "lol moozlums" or MRA shit and having his fedora-clad followers defend him.

Dawkins is usually restrained considering the sheer amounts of dumbshit he has to put up with on a daily basis.

FyreWulff

Sounds like a waste of tax payer money, doesn't the oil industry usually pay for these things?

Nebraska is an agriculture centric state, so technically it's in our interest to know what's going on with the climate. I think it makes sense to have taxpayers be interested in paying for that

CHEEZMO™;87716437 said:
Dorkins has become the worlds most high profile r/Atheist and hasn't had anything interesting to say for a long time. He seems to spend most of his time on Twitter posting "lol moozlums" or MRA shit and having his fedora-clad followers defend him.

So what exactly did they say that annoyed you so much? Seemed like mundane stuff to me.

That was a lot less informative than I imagined. Though I will say the bits about lobbying were at least on their surface true they don't bribe politicians but that's not to say their not bad.

As EV said above me he does seem to have a very DC-centric view (and even worse capitol hill-centric). I think he misses that DC isn't the only place politics is done. There is a very ritualized way politics are done in the city but, there are many other ways opinions are shaped, policies devised, movements started outside of capitol hill.

That was a lot less informative than I imagined. Though I will say the bits about lobbying were at least on their surface true they don't bribe politicians but that's not to say their not bad.

Yeah, I've never imagined direct lobbying works so well (although I still have objections to it being done by corporations). It isn't lobbying, but campaign finance (and how one can help or hurt reelection campaigns), that gets the attention of legislators. That can be accomplished without lobbying per se.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
I'm getting quite annoyed at seeing people whine about healthcare.gov. That's all anyone was talking about on the Sunday shows. Ugh.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member

They are unmatched in their quest to force their own religion down everyone's throats. Christian radio is the only thing that could possibly rival them in that sense.

They're pretty much proof that people don't become dicks because of religion, they just use religion as an excuse to be dicks.

I'm getting quite annoyed at seeing people whine about healthcare.gov. That's all anyone was talking about on the Sunday shows. Ugh.

What other story do you want to see them cover right now?

Oblivion

What other story do you want to see them cover right now?

How about covering that racist GOP dude that got fired after the Daily Show interview?

Also, my laptop broke. Would be nice to see that mentioned on the Huffington Post.

They are unmatched in their quest to force their own religion down everyone's throats. Christian radio is the only thing that could possibly rival them in that sense.

They're pretty much proof that people don't become dicks because of religion, they just use religion as an excuse to be dicks.
Another vague "I think they are dicks but I can't cite any specific reason why."

Because it's a major issue that could have long lasting impact on the law. Let's not pretend like this is meaningless.

On the political side it's depressing as fuck considering this would have been a great time for the law to be working fully. Instead of just focusing on the imploding GOP, we're also talking about a horrible roll out of the ACA.

Yeah, I've never imagined direct lobbying works so well (although I still have objections to it being done by corporations). It isn't lobbying, but campaign finance (and how one can help or hurt reelection campaigns), that gets the attention of legislators. That can be accomplished without lobbying per se.

I think even campaign finance is less harmful than the foundation and non-profit system that is proliferate. The 'conversation' is shaped by outside groups that fund studies which are feed back into the system as non-partisan fact findings. When they are often just fronts for powerful people to insert their ideas into the 'conventional wisdom'.

The fear of the deficit can best illustrate this.

So what exactly did they say that annoyed you so much? Seemed like mundane stuff to me.

Ignorant correlations between religion and bad politics. Blaming Islam for terrorism, Blaming Christianity for right wing politics and completely ignoring things like the catholic social justice movement, islam's great tradition of charity, they see religion as the cause of problems rather than religion being used to further poisonous ideas.

Oblivion

Because it's a major issue that could have long lasting impact on the law. Let's not pretend like this is meaningless.

On the political side it's depressing as fuck considering this would have been a great time for the law to be working fully. Instead of just focusing on the imploding GOP, we're also talking about a horrible roll out of the ACA.

I'm just saying we need some perspective. I agree with John Cole's and Zerina Maxwell's thoughts:

http://www.balloon-juice.com/2013/10/26/oh-jesus-fucking-christ-2/

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Another vague "I think they are dicks but I can't cite any specific reason why."

As I said in my post, they shove their own beliefs down everyone's throats, and ostracize anyone who doesn't believe in their own beliefs, and I don't see them any differently as the guy on christian radio saying anything he possibly can to get you to turn christian.

If that analogy doesn't make sense to you, then imagine every time you open up a discussion about politics and it became a straight up fight solely about the political party you're registered to, with a scatter shot list of reasons why you're wrong and I'm right about the very core of your political beliefs, and never about actual current events and hot topic policies.

You're not making a discussion on good faith, you're basically trying to do nothing but make yourself feel superior and to make the other guy feel inferior. That's the essence of doochyness.

I also just generally hate Dawkins and Maher specifically because they use their hatred for Islam to justify America going into the middle east to kill Muslims. That exact "my religion is better than yours, therefore I hate you" is supposed to be what they're fighting against as atheists. Instead they just participate in it.

Videoneon

West Virginia moves red. Deep red.

But in the past decade or so, “West Virginia has realigned politically with the Deep South, at least in presidential elections,” historian John Alexander Williams said in a June lecture in Charleston marking the state’s 150th anniversary. “Between the 2004 and 2008 presidential elections, a time when voters were trending strongly Democratic in other parts of the nation, 366 of official Appalachia’s 410 counties increased their Republican share of presidential votes.”

In 2012, that trendline cut more deeply. Obama lost the seven West Virginia counties he had carried in 2008. It marked the first time that a major party’s presidential candidate suffered a 55-county shutout.
A turning point also may be ahead for the state legislature, where Republicans picked up 11 House seats in 2012 and need just five more to win a majority. It they can do so, it would be the first time they have run either chamber since 1932.

Last year, West Virginia was the only state where turnout was lower than 50 percent. Among the young, it dropped by half from 2008, to less than 23 percent.

In this state, voter disillusionment does not stem from the big-vs.-small-government debate that rages in Washington. Nor has the tea party movement taken root here to the degree it has elsewhere.
But with a population that is older, sicker and poorer than most, West Virginia also depends more on government checks than any other state.

Nearly 27 percent of West Virginia’s personal income derives from transfer payments, including retirement, disability, medical, unemployment and welfare benefits, according to statistics compiled by Timothy Parker of the U.S. Agriculture Department’s Economic Research Service. (Mississippi ranks second, at 25 percent.)
Almost one in five West Virginians receives food stamps today.

Manchin’s gun proposal also has been a hot topic. Mike Caputo (D), majority whip of the House of Delegates, said he got into a debate about it at a recent picnic. One of his neighbors, a 90-year-old woman, told him, “Joe’s after my guns.”

Racism also may play a role in the changing political dynamic of a state where 94 percent of the population is white. Here as elsewhere, people traffic in false rumors that the nation’s first black president is a Muslim and that he was born in Africa.

But even assuming prejudice roils beneath the surface, it cannot explain the tectonic shift in West Virginia’s political allegiances. Race was not a reason voters rejected Democratic presidential candidates in 2000 and 2004, or why Obama’s Election Day total slid seven percentage points from 2008 to 2012.

In purely economic terms, coal and the industries it feeds no longer dominate. Nor do the labor unions that gave the Democrats so much of their political muscle. In 1997, Weirton Steel was West Virginia’s largest private employer; every year since then, Wal-Mart has held that spot — as it does nationally.

Look at that populism. I cannot make any sense of how to work with this.

The article does touch on the idea that this is tied to a decline in coal. Even then, coal's not the entire picture.

CHEEZMO™;87716437 said:

This is key for Dawkins in particular, as representative of why he's a nuisance. Yes, evolution is real and fundamentalism is shite, but these aren't Dawkins' only stances.

Bill Maher, I'm a little less familiar with stupid things he says besides some of his comments on "being black." He intends them to be funny, but they come off stupid. thepotatoman's comments on Bill Maher and Islam are very alarming.

edit: actually wait, Bill Maher says sometimes extreme things that are meant to be funny and challenging, but instead come off as adolescent. It's been a while since I've listened to full episodes of Real Time and I do sometimes enjoy the back and forth nature, but now I'm recalling several instances where I've cringed at things he's said, though I wish I could remember more specifics. As far as the stances he takes he tends to bat well enough for liberals.

----

Bonus for PoliGAF:

Immigration threatens more Republican infighting

Several Republican executives and donors who are part of a lobbying blitz coming to Capitol Hill next week said they were considering withholding, or had already decided to withhold, future financial support to Republican lawmakers they believe are obstructing progress on immigration.

“I respect people’s views and concerns about the fact that we have a situation in the United States where we have millions of undocumented immigrants,” said Justin Sayfie, a lawyer from Florida who said he helped Mitt Romney raise more than $100,000 for his presidential campaign last year, in addition to helping other Republican candidates. “But we have what we have. This is October 2013. And the country will be better off if we fix it.”

Sponsors of next week’s event include the U.S. Chamber of Commerce; the National Immigration Forum; FWD.us, a political action group set up by Silicon Valley executives including Mark Zuckerberg, the founder of Facebook; and the Partnership for a New American Economy, which is led jointly by Mayor Michael R. Bloomberg of New York, Rupert Murdoch and Bill Marriott Jr.

Videoneon

I think even campaign finance is less harmful than the foundation and non-profit system that is proliferate. The 'conversation' is shaped by outside groups that fund studies which are feed back into the system as non-partisan fact findings. When they are often just fronts for powerful people to insert their ideas into the 'conventional wisdom'.

The fear of the deficit can best illustrate this.

It's campaign finance that strengthens the propagation of that, no? We're not past the need for politicians yet. Not that I think your stance is that campaign finance doesn't need reform

Ignorant correlations between religion and bad politics. Blaming Islam for terrorism, Blaming Christianity for right wing politics and completely ignoring things like the catholic social justice movement, islam's great tradition of charity, they see religion as the cause of problems rather than religion being used to further poisonous ideas.

That's about it. Though we can't deny the current fundamentalism and social conservatism tie with the Abrahamic religions.

gcubed

Good article; thanks for linking.

The article makes it clear that coal is definitely a factor. Even beyond the actual economic influence, I think the perception that Democrats are against coal is a huge factor.

I think the other huge factor is religion. In struggling communities like many of those in WV, religion plays a huge role in providing guidance and social ties. It's not easy to make good decisions and plan for the future if you're down and out.

You win some you lose some. There is nothing redeeming about West Virginia politics that I care if the democrats ever hold any office in that state.

As I said in my post, they shove their own beliefs down everyone's throats, and ostracize anyone who doesn't believe in their own beliefs, and I don't see them any differently as the guy on christian radio saying anything he possibly can to get you to turn christian.
Really? Here it is that I thought I voluntarily turned to listen to his program. But I guess they somehow magically caused me to listen so they can 'shove their own beliefs down everyone's throats'? No. Feel free to not listen. Just like I don't listen to the Christian Radio stations and don't whine about them.

If that analogy doesn't make sense to you, then imagine every time you open up a discussion about politics and it became a straight up fight solely about the political party you're registered to, with a scatter shot list of reasons why you're wrong and I'm right about the very core of your political beliefs, and never about actual current events and hot topic policies.

You're not making a discussion on good faith, you're basically trying to do nothing but make yourself feel superior and to make the other guy feel inferior. That's the essence of doochyness.
Again, these seems very vague to me and you are just doing what you accuse them of doing.

I also just generally hate Dawkins and Maher specifically because they use their hatred for Islam to justify America going into the middle east to kill Muslims. That exact "my religion is better than yours, therefore I hate you" is supposed to be what they're fighting against as atheists. Instead they just participate in it.
Well that is odd. They are both huge critics of the Iraq war. I would understand if you use that criticism on the late Christopher Hitchens who backed the war but not these two.

I'm am offend (and I am sure they would be as well) by your lame assertions of "their religion". The DO NOT HAVE A RELIGION. That is the point of atheism. And you can make your lame claims about "their religion" but that doesn't make them true.

It's campaign finance that strengthens the propagation of that, no? We're not past the need for politicians yet. Not that I think your stance is that campaign finance doesn't need reform

I think campaign fiance needs reform but my problem is the information politicians and the media use are fundamentally biased and compromised to promoting a certain view. Hayes and MHP (on non-internet sources) are starting to change this though and bringing up more outside the mainstream voices.

That's about it. Though we can't deny the current fundamentalism and social conservatism tie with the Abrahamic religions
Correlation doesn't mean causation. The fact you can have uber-liberal religious folk proves this to me. reactionaries and revanchists use religion to press their ideology rather than the religion pushing the idea. Christianity and Islam have been behind both liberal and conservative political movement. African Americans and Hispanics are more religious than whites but their politics are more liberal. I think there is a habit of Dawkins and his adherents to confuse religious politics with religion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom