• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2015 |OT| Keep Calm and Diablos On

Status
Not open for further replies.

sangreal

trump.gif

Wilsongt

Kasich has some reasonable ideas, but has no place in the modern Republican party.

Also, what the fuck with the gay marriage question?

I feel trump is doing as well as he possibly can against clearly hostile questioning, and still eliciting the best crowd reactions. I cant understand how anyone can say Jeb is doing badly, he got a few slightly rough questions that the moderators knew he would respond well to, and is giving the consistently safest, standard conservative performance and is doing well. Rand is compromising himself to pander to the crowd the least, and i like that.
Dr carson only got to speak like what, twice? :(

HylianTom

Banned
I feel trump is doing as well as he possibly can against clearly hostile questioning, and still eliciting the best crowd reactions. I cant understand how anyone can say Jeb is doing badly, he got a few slightly rough questions that the moderators knew he would respond well to, and is giving the consistently safest, standard conservative performance and is doing well. Rand is compromising himself to pander to the crowd the least, and i like that.
Dr carson only got to speak like what, twice? :(

Trump's going to come away unscathed with some good headliners, but yeah.. Jeb played this one incredibly safe and boring. It's almost as though he has a do-no-harm strategy for now.

Cruz just ignored the part of the question about what he would do about chinese cyber hacking, and that was a good thing for him to do because hed probably do fucking nothing. Fuck hickabee and cruz, question avoiders, and fuck the moderators for not paying attention to their shit.

Huckabee presently embarrassing himself on the topic of women and transgenders in the military. I hope some of them chew him out for shitting on people brave enough to bear that burden.

HylianTom

Banned
I'm imagining Hillary's digital team sitting in a room somewhere, jotting down minute:second marks for all of the really fantastic soundbites that we're seeing tonight.

It'd be great, say, starting in January, if the national party just ran a general TV campaign with debate highlights pushing the notion that this is an extreme party that should be nowhere near the reins of power. Set the tone early and make them defend all of this.

ivysaur12

Banned
Yeah, Rubio is doing fine, but he's sort of coming off less interesting than the other options. This could save some of his poll numbers.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Prediction:

Trump's numbers drop slightly.
Walker's numbers rise slightly.
Jeb's numbers fall a few points.
Rubio rises.
Cruz rises.
Everyone else irrelevant.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
This debate had been run horribly. If I was a candidate or adviser I'd be pissed. It's almost entirely dominated by the moderators.

To be fair the moderators have a job to do tonight: Kill the Trump.

Prediction:

Trump's numbers drop slightly.
Walker's numbers rise slightly.
Jeb's numbers fall a few points.
Rubio rises.
Cruz rises.
Everyone else irrelevant.

No way, Walker's been shit all night.

Trump gets a boost.
Jeb gets a boost.
Rubio holds steady
Everyone takes a hit.

Ben carson is the big loser tonight. He got a few softballs and was left to himself. Trump acquitted himself admirably, jeb stayed the course, christie put his proposals on display, paul spoke the most honestly. No one else did anything of much interest.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
To be fair the moderators have a job to do tonight: Kill the Trump.

No way, Walker's been shit all night.

Trump gets a boost.
Jeb gets a boost.
Rubio holds steady
Everyone takes a hit.

Walker got great reactions from the crowd.

ivysaur12

Banned
Walker is just so bland. He came off so poorly during that debate.

Barely anyone clapped during his last answer! That should be his moment!

Plinko

Hey! He "turned around" Wisconsin!

RDreamer

Moderator: You jobs record fucking sucks, Walker. What say you?

Walker: Well, Wisconsin was dumb enough to vote for me three times. Also, let me quickly tell you the Koch Brothers' to do list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom