• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2015 |OT| Keep Calm and Diablos On

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hillary's alternate accounts are kinda interesting. I haven't seen much discussion about them but I'm sure she kicks them into high power in 16.

@TheBriefing already has great material + I really like the font she's using in her campaign.
They've got powerful special interests and misinformation. Hillary Clinton's got you. Get the facts and help fight back against false attacks.

and @Correct Record
Correct the Record is a strategic research and rapid response team designed to defend Hillary Clinton from baseless attacks.
(This bio could probably use some work so it's not as explicit.)

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Woo! Real Time's back today.

edit: Holy shit, the chick on the panel is Mary Matalin. Didn't recognize her at all. Seems she's not drunk/high this time.

This is unedited people

mI8kfu0.jpg

NeoXChaos

OMG these Trump tweets seem like a parody but they are actually real.

.@FrankLuntz is a low class slob who came to my office looking for consulting work and I had zero interest. Now he picks anti-Trump panels!

.@FrankLuntz, your so-called "focus groups" are a total joke. Don't come to my office looking for business again. You are a clown!

Its funny how quick they turn on the guy when four years ago they were singing his praises or taking his money. They are all hypocrites. I don't blame the Trump supporters in that respect.

Is Wisconsin's Democratic Party the worst at everything? It's one thing that Scott Walker is wrong about everything, but holy shit, he's just so fucking dull. I can't imagine a single person inspired by him speaking. How do you lose three times to that dude?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
OMG these Trump treats seem like a parody but they are actually really.

Its funny how quick they turn on the guy when four years ago they were singing his praises or taking his money. They are all hypocrites. I don't blame the Trump supporters in that respect.

It isn't Trump's fault that they're losers and he's a winner.

Is Wisconsin's Democratic Party the worst at everything? It's one thing that Scott Walker is wrong about everything, but holy shit, he's just so fucking dull. I can't imagine a single person inspired by him speaking. How do you lose three times to that dude?

If they hadn't screwed up the second time so bad he never would have gotten that third time. The fact he only ran in off-year elections didn't help either.

RDreamer

It's funny seeing people say this. I agree with it, but here in Wisconsin I'm literally drowning in slack jawed Walker zombies. They worship the guy like he sweats and pisses pure charisma. It's fucking weird.

Koch influence. I also heard that Scott Walker was the first governor to raise more money outside of Wisconsin for the recall, which was a dumbass move by the way. It just raised Walker's national profile. That and the fact that Democrats chose Tom Barret as their nominee. Might as well have picked a dung beetle.

NeoXChaos

Wisconsin voters have elected a governor from a different political party than the sitting president in 27 of the last 31 elections since 1932; only once has a Democratic candidate been elected governor in Wisconsin in the last 18 contests when a Democrat was in the White House.

I guess this explains Walker's wins lol.

HylianTom

Banned
Breitbart’s Editor Alex Marlow: Fox News ‘Trying to Take Out Trump’ for GOP Establishment

On Friday’s broadcast of CNN’s “OutFront,” Breitbart News Editor-in-Chief Alexander Marlow said the first primetime debate was “a great debate — between the Fox News anchors and between Donald Trump” with “establishment” Fox “trying to take out” the businessman and GOP frontrunner.

Marlow said that pollster Frank Luntz’s declaration that the primetime debate was “the destruction of a presidential campaign” for Trump is “wishful thinking.” He continued, “We saw what last night’s debate was, which was a great debate. It was a great debate between the Fox News anchors and between Donald Trump. There was also, I enjoyed the [Chris] Christie-Rand [Paul] spat. That was good too. But, for the most part, we saw that Fox was on a mission: they’re trying to take out Donald Trump.” He continued: “Fox is positioning themselves as a centrist network, as an establishment Republican network. They’re not interested in Donald Trump and his supporters. His supporters are grassroots conservatives, and that’s why he does so well.”
http://www.breitbart.com/video/2015...ying-to-take-out-trump-for-gop-establishment/

This is only going to feed the idea in Trump's head that the GOP establishment is trying to kill his candidacy. If more personalities of the conservative movement keep feeding this narrative (especially online folks, since Trump seems to live on Twitter), I'd hope that those chances of a third-party run go up UP UP! Whee!

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
http://www.breitbart.com/video/2015...ying-to-take-out-trump-for-gop-establishment/

This is only going to feed the idea in Trump's head that the GOP establishment is trying to kill his candidacy. If more personalities of the conservative movement keep feeding this narrative (especially online folks, since Trump seems to live on Twitter), I'd hope that those chances of a third-party run go up UP UP! Whee!

It's not really an idea, I mean we literally saw them try to do it last night. He'd have to be the dumbest man alive not to see what was going on. FOX couldn't have been more obvious if they tried.

Three unarmed teenagers have been killed in the last week by the police, ugh.

The far-right deciding they hate minorities more than the state is really disappointing.

HylianTom

Banned
It's not really an idea, I mean we literally saw them try to do it last night. He'd have to be the dumbest man alive not to see what was going on. FOX couldn't have been more obvious if they tried.
True, I should've phrased it more precisely. He has more evidence in his pro-independent run column.

I'm loving the backlash to Fox News by self-described conservatives. Not many folks would believed us if we were to time travel back to May to deliver this news from the future. And this RedState banishment story is only starting to get legs, as now media are starting to dig through Erickson's history of past mysogynistic statements (example: calling the 2012 DNC "The Vagina Monologues"), tarring him as a hypocrite on women's issues. Before this is over, I wouldn't be surprised if candidates are asked why they're willing to appear at this event. What a beautiful season!

---
Separate anecdotal update:
Had dinner last night at an uncle's house. The two women in my family who texted me during the debates reinforced their statements: this GOP craziness is going to make some women throw their hands up in the air and say, "fuck it, I'm with Hillary." They know she's probably a bit crooked, but (to quote one of them), "who isn't these days?"

I've long maintained that the gender gap is going to be one of if not the biggest story of 2016. I'm now wondering if female voters are going to have a slightly lower threshold for hitting that moment where they each point to different events/incidents/statements along the way and say, "that's it. Hillary it is."

NeoXChaos

True, I should've phrased it more precisely. He has more evidence in his pro-independent run column.

I'm loving the backlash to Fox News by self-described conservatives. Not many folks would believed us if we were to time travel back to May to deliver this news from the future. And this RedState banishment story is only starting to get legs, as now media are starting to dig through Erickson's history of past mysogynistic statements (example: calling the 2012 DNC "The Vagina Monologues"), tarring him as a hypocrite on women's issues. Before this is over, I wouldn't be surprised if candidates are asked why they're willing to appear at this event. What a beautiful season!

---
Separate anecdotal update:
Had dinner last night at an uncle's house. The two women in my family who texted me during the debates reinforced their statements: this GOP craziness is going to make some women throw their hands up in the air and say, "fuck it, I'm with Hillary." They know she's probably a bit crooked, but (to quote one of them), "who isn't these days?"

I've long maintained that the gender gap is going to be one of if not the biggest story of 2016. I'm now wondering if female voters are going to have a slightly lower threshold for hitting that moment where they each point to different events/incidents/statements along the way and say, "that's it. Hillary it is."

Interesting. She should win single women by a wider margin than Obama. The problem is married woman or Republican woman. Will a significant amount of these two groups go against their husbands and vote for Hillary? remains to be seen.

HylianTom

Banned
Interesting. She should win single women by a wider margin than Obama. The problem is married woman or Republican woman. Will a significant amount of these two groups go against their husbands and vote for Hillary? remains to be seen.
I'm guessing that she won't win white women outright, but I'd bet she improves a few points over Obama's 14% loss (2012) in that demographic. There's a lot of room for improvement, at least as insurance if minority turnout is down or if the male gap goes slightly larger.

Funny thing: I worked for a political polling outfit in Mississippi in the mid/late-90s while I was in college, and occasionally heard from female respondents during our phone calls, "lemme go in the other room.. where I can be alone."

gcubed

You guys do realize that Kaisch is this year's Huntsman.

The fact that so many Democrats think he did well and like him means he has no shot. It's embarrassing to keep pumping up a moderate Republican that can't win

Yeah, I really can't see it otherwise. I mean the very first question . . . if they really wanted to ask that, why not ask it "Raise your hand if you pledge to endorse the Republican nominee no matter who it is." . . . but no, they flipped it around to make Trump the only one raising his hand. And the large number of questions hammering Trump while lobbing softballs to Walker & Bush.

You guys do realize that Kaisch is this year's Huntsman.

The fact that so many Democrats think he did well and like him means he has no shot. It's embarrassing to keep pumping up a moderate Republican that can't win

He could be a VP pick though. Dat home state of Ohio and a bit of moderate influence for the general.

Kusagari

Carly is a better speaker than most of the guys in the top 10. I think she'll hold up fine in the prime time debates as long as Trump doesn't attack her.

Because he could absolutely destroy her without bringing sexism into it at all if he brings up her record at HP.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Carly is a better speaker than most of the guys in the top 10. I think she'll hold up fine in the prime time debates as long as Trump doesn't attack her.

Because he could absolutely destroy her without bringing sexism into it at all if he brings up her record at HP.

He would absolutely bring up her record, if only to show how god-like a businessman he is.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Carly was fired as CEO. You have to suck ass to get fired at that level for a long time. She gone as soon as she gets near the spotlight.

What do people think of Gavin Newsom in the future of the Democratic Party?

Seems to be pretty likeable and will likely be the next governor of California. If he does well, I could see him running after Hillary.

I'm surprised no one brings up how most of the candidates answer in how to stop radicals was the semantics of calling them by their proper name radical islamic extremists. What a worthless answer. So day 1 has come and gone, you've now called them by the proper name and then what?

Seems to be pretty likeable and will likely be the next governor of California. If he does well, I could see him running after Hillary.

he's a turd.

i actually read a resounding critique of his time in office (s) not too long (one of many) so i'll try and dig it up.

Nah, he's pretty divisive, overall, even in CA.

Carly was fired as CEO. You have to suck ass to get fired at that level for a long time. She gone as soon as she gets near the spotlight.

Yeah the Trump attack pretty much writes itself.

He's kind of a hero in the gay marriage debate since he was one of the first people to hand out marriage licenses as mayor of San Francisco. At the time I said this is a brilliant move by him and it was.

ivysaur12

Banned

Ugh. No. Please. Never.

I really hope Garcetti challenges him for governor, but I'm afraid he's going to run for Feinstein's seat and we'll be stuck with fucking Newsom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom