• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT| Ask us about our performance with Latinos in Nevada

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bernie campaign staffer was asked by Chris Hayes why their arguments that Hillary wasn't a progressive didn't also apply to Obama, and he pivoted and said they plan to build on the accomplishments of Obama and his progressive leadership lol
The potential for backfire with this No True Progressive attack is pretty clear.

Like if Maddow asks something like "The reasons you've pointed to in labeling Secretary Clinton as only a progressive 'some days' could also apply to President Obama. Is President Obama a progressive?"
There's no reshuffling of votes though, so any votes that initially go to them will just be wasted, and idk if most primary voters actually know the rules in the first place.
Oh. I think the optics of Jeb getting zero delegates though would probably be enough for everyone to say GTFO.

NeoXChaos

Goodbye Rand.

rdM_Gh.gif

Holmes

The potential for backfire with this No True Progressive attack is pretty clear.

Like if Maddow asks something like "The reasons you've pointed to in labeling Secretary Clinton as only a progressive 'some days' could also apply to President Obama. Is President Obama a progressive?"
Oh. I think the optics of Jeb getting zero delegates though would probably be enough for everyone to say GTFO.
Rachel Maddow would never ask him a question like that... come on. Maybe Chris Matthews would.

Was just the first journalist that came to mind. But basically replace with whoever plausible.

The WH is laser-focused on legacy from what I recall reading, so I don't know how well aides are going to react to anything that could tarnish it. It seems like a possible minefield really.

mackaveli

Trump dropped 9% in some PPP poll. Exclusive on Rachel Maddow show. To be released tomorrow. I think it's a general election poll.

Trump is 25%
Cruz is 21%
Rubio 21%
Carson 11%

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I don't think it's possible to have any more message discipline than Rubio. He never, ever says anything that doesn't sound like a prepared talking point. It makes me wonder if there's such a thing as too much message discipline. Even Hillary sounds downright candid next to him.

There maybe a narrative for his opponents to form around that, I just can't tell if it's the sort of thing that's only noticeable to people that pay enough attention to politics that they can easily pick out the repeated talking points.

I don't think it's possible to have any more message discipline than Rubio. He never, ever says anything that doesn't sound like a prepared talking point. It makes me wonder if there's such a thing as too much message discipline. Even Hillary sounds downright candid next to him.

There maybe a narrative for his opponents to form around that, I just can't tell if it's the sort of thing that's only noticeable to people that pay enough attention to politics that they can easily pick out the repeated talking points.

Bernie Sanders is up there. A question about guns or abortion will turn into a rant about SuperPACs and billionaires.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
If Trump keeps dropping, I think it will be clear that skipping that debate was the absolute worst thing he could have done.

If Trump keeps dropping, I think it will be clear that skipping that debate was the absolute worst thing he could have done.
I still think that it was a great decision. He got over forty thousand votes in a caucus system with no ground game.
Trump dropped 9% in some PPP poll. Exclusive on Rachel Maddow show. To be released tomorrow. I think it's a general election poll.

Trump is 25%
Cruz is 21%
Rubio 21%
Carson 11%
PPP is a horrible pollster. Their methodology is trash, and it becomes even weaker over a national stage. The Three Musketeers will halt Bubble Boy's momentum in NH.

I think Trump should take out a negative ad on Cruz about his vote in favor of Justice Roberts and the ties to Obamacare.

:p

I'm not a single issue focuser. Bernie is managing to tick me off tonight, when I've been trying damn hard to be more open and receptive.

Alcohol helps. I thought he did a better job today than I was expecting especially with talking about non econ things (he didn't talk as much about the economy as he usually does).

User 406

Banned

Yeah, he really should have gone with the shooting random passerby idea.

Romney? You mean that loser who couldn't beat Barack Obama? Couldn't beat, couldn't even beat him when he was weakest? Boy, that's an endorsement I'm glad I don't have. That Bain Capital, that he runs, Bain Capital. I know them, I do a lot of business, so I know 'em, but they don't build things. I build things. Bain Capital, Romnney, they just buy up businesses, small businesses, and strip 'em of everything, they take everything, then sell off the rest. They don't build anything. But what am I gonna do? That's right, build a wall! That guy Romney, he didn't build, he didn't care about 47% of people, 47% he said! Well I'll tell you this, 100% of the people in this country are going to get an America that's great again!

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
Bernie misunderstands the economics of immigration:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38M9vfg4TPE&feature=youtu.be
I like how you two think it's so self evident Bernie is wrong that you don't even take the time to say why.
During the town hall he said that no one who considers themselves progressive can have a SuperPac. It was a stupid statement. Warren and Obama have SuperPACS. He just keeps throwing people under the bus.
I don't agree with that assessment, since I think it takes bravery (or stupidity if that's how you feel) not to take Super Pac money; it's not a gauge of how progressive you are.

I am glad Sanders is willing to attack Hillary´s progressive credentials. Problem being that Obama, at least during the 08 running, was even less progressive than her lol.

But it seems to be a good line of attack. I mean, even #HillarySoProgressive is trending on Twitter atm. As of now, it is working incredibly.

CaU0IPvWYAAUGGr.jpg:large

dragged for filth

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I am glad Sanders is willing to attack Hillary´s progressive credentials. Problem being that Obama, at least during the 08 running, was even less progressive than her lol.

But it seems to be a good line of attack. I mean, even #HillarySoProgressive is trending on Twitter atm. As of now, it is working incredibly.

[IMGhttps://pbs.twimg.com/media/CaU0IPvWYAAUGGr.jpg:large[/IMG]

dragged for filth

Again, way to also attack the guy who has a 80% approval rating in the party whose nomination you are trying to get Bernie. Also, amazing job attacking the guy who has a 90% approval rating with the demographic you absolutely need to start making inroads with.

I like how you two think it's so self evident Bernie is wrong that you don't even take the time to say why.

I don't agree with that assessment, since I think it takes bravery (or stupidity if that's how you feel) not to take Super Pac money; it's not a gauge of how progressive you are.

Most economic studies of immigration show that immigrants don't end up hurting native wages or employment even if the immigrants are low skilled. Bernie was talking about immigrants as if they were coming to take his voters jerbs.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
Most economic studies of immigration show that immigrants don't end up hurting native wages or employment even if the immigrants are low skilled. Bernie was talking about immigrants as if they were coming to take his voters jerbs.
Thank you. Was that so hard?

Hopefully his opinion has evolved on this issue. There's nothing wrong with changing your mind, it just looks bad when it's done at the same time the general public does.

Some economists on Twitter are asking a question of: assuming the scenario that Bernie's free college through a tax on Wall Street speculation actually passes, how does Bernie pay for free college if taxing Wall Street speculation causes a dramatic decline in Wall Street speculation (and thus your tax revenue).

PBY

Banned
Some economists on Twitter are asking a question of: assuming the scenario that Bernie's free college through a tax on Wall Street speculation actually passes, how does Bernie pay for free college if taxing Wall Street speculation causes a dramatic decline in Wall Street speculation (and thus your tax revenue).
I need to read economic analysis of this. I would guess that it would significantly depress that kind of speculative activity.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
I imagine he would find other ways to tax Wall Street. It's a good question I hadn't considered. I think like raising the minimum wage, it wouldn't have dire consequences.
So, apparently, my avatar is offensive.

Cool.
Well it does mean Hillary is going right.

NeoXChaos

Kyle Kondik ‏@kkondik 16m16 minutes ago
Something to think about as we prepare to potentially shrug off a double-digit Sanders win - what shld HRC get in NV & SC to right the ship?
Kyle Kondik ‏@kkondik 13m13 minutes ago
HRC also won NV by about 6 in 2008 -- that should be the floor for her there, right?

Kyle Kondik ‏@kkondik 16m16 minutes ago
Just spitballin' here, but anything less that 55% for HRC in SC would be lousy. Electorate will be at least half non-white

what say you guys?

I'd say 60-30 is good for SC and 55-30 for NV.

User1608

Banned
If I could vote, I would definitely go for Hillary. There are absolutely some gripes I have with a few of her positions but I can't help but admire and love her. A huge fan.

Holmes

Because I came into this country on that same type of visa. And now I'm about to get my green card after applying 5 months ago after marrying my husband back in August. So when I hear someone say we shouldn't be giving out more of these visas and letting people in, I take it a little personally. Just as much as when I hear conservatives say I shouldn't be allowed to marry.

Hillary has knocked this out of the park. This was damn good. Damn good from her. The questions were extremely more difficult for her than Bernie. They hit him with absolutely nothing. She's been great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom