• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT| Ask us about our performance with Latinos in Nevada

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ecotic

So I just read Trump is rejecting calls to boost his ground game. I want him to be the nominee now more than ever, it really lines up with tours inside his campaign headquarters that show a cold basement with 4 people in it. He thinks tweets and Fox News interviews will carry him through.

In his speech tonight, Trump has been tying the voter violations and the Carson dropped out of the race as a typical politician move. Yyyyyyeeeeesssssss

Holmes

On further thought... on the one hand, bubble boy can rot for all I care.

On the other, I'm not sure how thrilled I am with being gay being used as a punchline or a negative slander*... :/

*Even though I realise this would only be a bad thing to the hard religious right GOP voters.
It upsets me.

Rubio only really needs to beat Bush, Christie and Kasich and/or diminish their voteshare enough that it makes the rest of the party tell those three to GTFO.

HylianTom

Banned
If Rubio beats Trump in NH can we start Diablosing?

If Rubio is the nominee, the ice in my veins melts. We'd have to steel ourselves for a tight, 2000-style margin of race, where it possibly comes down to one or two states.

That's different from Diablosing; that requires that the panic be without merit.

Aside: if Rubio gets good momentum for the nomination, I wonder if the electability dynamic in the Democratic would suddenly shift.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
If Rubio beats Trump in NH can we start Diablosing?

That can't be a possibility. I know polls can be wrong, and last minute momentum is a thing, but the gap is so large and consistent it'd be insane for things to turn around that much that quickly.

Actually, wiki tells me NH GOP is proportional but it has a 10% threshold? I can see voters abandoning El Yebe enough that he tanks below that. Christie is already below that I think.

I think Clinton would still beat Rubio. It would just be quite a bit harder.

Bernie campaign staffer was asked by Chris Hayes why their arguments that Hillary wasn't a progressive didn't also apply to Obama, and he pivoted and said they plan to build on the accomplishments of Obama and his progressive leadership lol

NeoXChaos

The media is trying to sabotage Trump as a loser. Rubio will gain from that. The polls can definitely shift. Trump has no ground game to compensate for his horrible media coverage.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Bernie campaign staffer was asked by Chris Hayes why their arguments that Hillary wasn't a progressive didn't also apply to Obama, and he pivoted and said they plan to build on the accomplishments of Obama and his progressive leadership lol

What a bunch of dummies

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I'm more concerned that if Rubio wins NH, this will wrap up QUICKLY and then they will focus on Queen for months.

Actually, wiki tells me NH GOP is proportional but it has a 10% threshold? I can see voters abandoning El Yebe enough that he tanks below that. Christie is already below that I think.

There's no reshuffling of votes though, so any votes that initially go to them will just be wasted, and idk if most primary voters actually know the rules in the first place.

Ugh, the Bernie Tweet thing is entirely stupid. Just...stop. Don't shoot yourself in the damn foot. I fully expect Hillary to hit him with this stuff tomorrow. I think she was floating some attacks to see what happened at one of her events today. Her campaign posted a video of her doing that on her Twitter page.

Iolo

It's my understanding too that more than half of the SC delegates (26 of them) are awarded en masse to the statewide popular vote winner. In other words I think whoever wins gets a +26 bonus, with the other 21 being awarded to winners at the district level.

kirblar

I'm more concerned that if Rubio wins NH, this will wrap up QUICKLY and then they will focus on Queen for months.
I can't see that happening with the poll numbers like this.

The media is trying to make a narrative out of Iowa, when Iowa's been a clusterfuck for the GOP for 3 straight cycles.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
That New Yorker article about the whole Cruz/misleading mailer thing is just...I can't even. He and his entire campaign staff are evil.

ivysaur12

Banned
That's my fear, but I still don't see him winning NH. We need more polls, but yeah. Even the few we've seen have been remarkably stable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom