• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT| Ask us about our performance with Latinos in Nevada

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeoXChaos

Nah, he's going to get slaughtered in just about every state that matters leading up to super tuesday, then blown out of the water on the day of.

Hillary was at least sitting on a bunch of superdelegates in '08 to try to justify staying in the race when it was mathematically implausible. Bernie won't even have that excuse.

March 2nd? Time Runs Out.

Bernie seems like a straight up guy who actually doesn't listen to his campaign all that much. I think he'd concede if he saw no path to victory.

It all depends on her holding huge leads and winning SC+NV convincingly. If not there is blood in the water and Super Tuesday will not go well.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/02/democrats-to-clinton-fix-your-messaging-219115

Panic is setting in.

He has the money to keep plodding on even if there's a blowout, so he will.

Yes this exactly. Hillary did it. Why shouldn't he?

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
"It's easiest to see the glass ceiling, when you're right underneath it." would actually be a pretty great line to basically steal from that article. Although that would add thief alongside liar and murderer to her resume.
Got to round out the resume somehow. If it's all just liar murderer and corporate tool they will think you don't have any soft skills

He has the money to keep plodding on even if there's a blowout, so he will.

why bother? Like Carson Bernie isn't and wasn't in this with a realistic expectation of winning the nomination and being president.

Continuing to hammer the campaign trail after hillary has locked it up does nothing for him that he hasn't already accomplished. I can see him pressuring the DNC for things he wants like prime time talking space at the convention, but he's not going all the way to the convention or anywhere near it.

Yes this exactly. Hillary did it. Why shouldn't he?

Hillary was making the case that she "won" the popular vote due to michigan and florida being excluded, and was going to use superdelegates to take that argument to the convention and force those states to be included. Superdelegates weren't really buying it though.

That doesn't really work for Bernie.

Teggy

@aseitzwald 3h3 hours ago
Just in: Jim Webb to announce decision on indie presidential bid tmrrw.

Asked if he'll run, spox says: "I am as curious as anyone to know."

kirblar

Early 90s is where i think the cutoff is. My sisters on the edge and she was born in 93. Has to do with wherher you had cell/internet as a young kid.

noshten

why bother? Like Carson Bernie isn't and wasn't in this with a realistic expectation of winning the nomination and being president.

Continuing to hammer the campaign trail after hillary has locked it up does nothing for him that he hasn't already accomplished. I can see him pressuring the DNC for things he wants like prime time talking space at the convention, but he's not going all the way to the convention or anywhere near it.

Comparing Bernie to Carson... I'm at a loss
Wasn't it Cruz or Ron Paul - can you choose one crazy candidate to compare Bernie to?

benjipwns

Banned
Hope so. The American Future Fund its taking on Ted Cruz, that he is weak on national defense and supports American traitor Edward Snowden.
EVEN WORSE, HE'S A FLIP-FLOPPER

TED CRUZ 2013:
‘I don’t know if what Mr. Snowden has said is true or false,’ Cruz said during an event hosted by TheBlaze in Washington. ‘We need to determine that. We need to determine what his motives were, whether he was telling the truth.’

He continued, ‘If it is the case that the federal government is seizing millions of personal records about law-abiding citizens, and if it is the case that there are minimal restrictions on accessing or reviewing those records, then I think Mr. Snowden has done a considerable public service by bringing it to light.’

'If Mr. Snowden has violated the laws of this country, there are consequences to violating laws and that is something he has publicly stated he understands and I think the law needs to be enforced.'

RUBIO 2016:
“I never believed Edward Snowden was a good public servant the way that Ted Cruz once said, that he had done a public service for America..."

“We cannot afford to have a commander in chief who thinks people like Edward Snowden are doing a good public service."

TED CRUZ 2016:
Since those quotes are from more than two years ago, we asked Mr. Cruz’s campaign how he now assessed Mr. Snowden. In a statement, Mr. Cruz took a very different tone, saying​,​ “​It is now clear that Snowden is a traitor, and he should be tried for treason.”

He pointed to his remark in 2013 that Mr. Snowden should be prosecuted if he broke any laws. "Today, we know that Snowden violated federal law, that his actions materially aided terrorists and enemies of the United States, and that he subsequently fled to China and Russia," he said. "Under the Constitution, giving aid to our enemies is treason."

User 406

Banned

qn49EC.gif

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I scored a 97, holy crap. How? I am not saddled with student debt (I paid off six figures in just three years due to my fabulous job), I have a fabulous job, I don't do any drugs, I don't own any flannel shirts, I am not a Berniebro, and I'm not interested in letting poors get free food. WTF.

Comparing Bernie to Carson... I'm at a loss
Wasn't it Cruz or Ron Paul - can you choose one crazy candidate to compare Bernie to?

You have me confused with someone else. But I stand by the comparison. Neither of those two are serious presidential candidates, but for different reasons. Both are looking for a platform to push their agenda, but not realistically prepared for the presidency.

Cruz and Rand Paul DEFINITELY are serious about a run at the presidency. At least Trump seems like he legitimately wants the job, ridiculous as he is.

edit: Oh RON paul? There's definitely a comparison to be made there. Both crotchety ideologues more interested in hearing the sound of their own voice than legitimate governance? Sounds legit.

Tarkus

I scored a 97, holy crap. How? I am not saddled with student debt (I paid off six figures in just three years due to my fabulous job), I have a fabulous job, I don't do any drugs, I don't own any flannel shirts, I am not a Berniebro, and I'm not interested in letting poors get free food. WTF.
Idk how I got a 96 either. I have no tats or piercings, watch at least 1 hour of TV, and my parents are married. I guess >50 text messages did it. I as far from typical millennial as you can get.

ivysaur12

Banned

twins

Also, anyone notice how much the Hillary team is lowering expectations in Nevada........ as if on purpose?

Bernie mooching off the Establishment
During his 10 years on the Senate, Bernie Sanders has been a regular presence at luxurious Democratic fundraising retreats, according to more than a half-dozen lobbyists, donors and former Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee staff members with whom he attended the events. Sanders most recently appeared at one last July, shortly after he announced his presidential run.
The private events attract around 150 to 200 guests, according to a former DSCC staff member, about half of whom are lobbyists and half are large individual donors. To attend, guests had to donate the federal maximum (currently $33,400 a year) to the DSCC, or raise $100,000.
Sanders was relaxed and seemed happy to be at the events, according to the attendees, and mostly made small talk, largely steering clear of policy. None said they heard him chastise Wall Street banks, pharmaceutical companies or petrochemical companies – his frequent targets on the campaign trail – to the faces of the lobbyists representing those interests, though it’s possible it occurred privately.

Some guests said they were surprised to see the populist crusader at these lavish events and suggested he was probably in it for the free vacation.
(lol)
During his 2006 Senate race, Sanders received at least $7,500 directly from lobbyists with ties to the financial industry, including JPMorgan Chase, Citigroup and Visa, as well some energy companies like the American Petroleum Institute.

Weaver dismissed the $7,500 as nothing compared to the $44.1 million he said Clinton has received from donors tied to the financial industry over her entire career. “The truth of the money of the matter is that $7,500 is about equal to 30 seconds of her speech to eBay,” Weaver said of the reported $315,000 Clinton made on a speech to the online auction giant last year.

Conspicuously neutral Rep. Jim Clyburn is apparently weighing up an endorsement before the SC primary. Not sure what sort of impact that would make given the party decides hasn't really worked out that well so far.

kirblar

Conspicuously neutral Rep. Jim Clyburn is apparently weighing up an endorsement before the SC primary. Not sure what sort of impact that would make given the party decides hasn't really worked out that well so far.
Gotta give Clinton's team credit for spreading those landmines.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Early 90s is where i think the cutoff is. My sisters on the edge and she was born in 93. Has to do with wherher you had cell/internet as a young kid.

I don't even think that's quite it. Born in '91 and while we had internet in the house growing up, the majority of the internet still existed as digital analogues to physical things: static informative webpages like books at the library, email in place of regular mail, online travel agencies instead of an office, etc. The real cutoff for me is how old you are when YouTube launched, because YouTube really blew up the Web 2.0 concept and the internet as an interactive place on a mass scale like nothing before. If you're like me and YouTube launches when you're like 13 its very cool, and you and your friends maybe make a few videos and stuff. But if you're six years old at that point? You've never known the internet as anything other than a saturated extension of everyday interaction

gaugebozo

Did your parents come to your job interview? That's a big tell.

I got a 96, and grouping people together because they have any one of a Facebook, MySpace, or Twitter account is ridiculous.

The "Expectations Game" is so stupid.

"Our campaign is so fucked, we might not even get on the ballot. Shit is fucking bleak. We went to Nevada last week and everyone threw eggs at our candidate and that was the most positive thing that happened. Four people died of alcohol poisoning two weeks ago. We're basically finished."

Diablos

Lol @ the Superdelegate whining about Hillary's August trip to the Hamptons.

Really though, the Dem struggle is real. This isn't 2008. We can't afford to drag this out. The GOP is much more competetive this time around.

Lol @ the Superdelegate whining about Hillary's August trip to the Hamptons.

Really though, the Dem struggle is real. This isn't 2008. We can't afford to drag this out. The GOP is much more competetive this time around.

This isn't going to have an effect on Hillary winning the general unless she has to go the left of Bernie on Israel to win over college kids (and that shit ain't happening).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom