• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT| Ask us about our performance with Latinos in Nevada

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope y´all dont dismiss Univision as a right wing outlet :p

CbCXYCUWAAE3KHE.jpg:large

https://twitter.com/Carrasquillo

This is only "persuadable" hispanics voters (55% of them) in Nevada, tho.

This is not among likely Democratic voters. This is among registered voters who are persuadable, at least that's what it was in December. I assume this is still the case, unless it's somehow different now.

benjipwns

Banned
Aww more of that infallible "but what about Hillary" argument style.
Just wondering why your laughable criticisms of a hardworking Senator should matter when you don't care about the serial rapist supporting social-fascist doing the same thing and to a greater extent.

Just seems to be an interesting blindspot with Clintonista lapdogs.

This is not among likely Democratic voters. This is among registered voters who are persuadable, at least that's what it was in December. I assume this is still the case, unless it's somehow different now.

Well, until we dont get actual polls from credible sources, this is all we got.

I'm sitting in at a new hire training at work so I can talk to them about adherence and shit. They asked me to name a hero. I said Cher and Hillary Clinton. Someone, also a friend of Dorothy's, said "Gaaayyy".

I lol'd.

Well, until we dont get actual polls from credible sources, this is all we got.

True. I doubt we'll get much out of NV. Fools errand. It's like throwing darts at a board and seeing what happens.

Didn't see anyone post this yet.

The Democratic National Committee has rolled back restrictions introduced by presidential candidate Barack Obama in 2008 that banned donations from federal lobbyists and political action committees.

The ban was a symbolic way for Obama to put his stamp on the party in 2008 when he promised voters “we are going to change how Washington works.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...b1c38c-d196-11e5-88cd-753e80cd29ad_story.html

Now seems like kind of a bad time to be doing this, doesn't it?

Just wondering why your laughable criticisms of a hardworking Senator should matter when you don't care about the serial rapist supporting social-fascist doing the same thing and to a greater extent.

Just seems to be an interesting blindspot with Clintonista lapdogs.
ZwsVcL3.jpg

Why did you go in so hard

very interesting -- also it seems you need 2/3 of senators present to vote for VP so it can be fillibustered by skipping town and dodging the sgt of arms

anyways, all of the house seats are up for re-election

Oh, duh. I'm dumb. I swear I knew that.

Anyway, makes for an interesting story. Trump v. Sanders. Bloomberg joins in. If he can finagle just one Electoral vote, he's on the house ballot. Assuming Dems take the Senate and GOP keeps the house, the GOP gets to decide. But Dems in the house know that Sanders is DOA among Republican colleages. So Bloomberg's path is to convince all the Dems to vote for him, which they may as well do at this point, and then he just has to flip maybe a few dozen Trump-hating Repubs. They could even court them to his side if the Dems pledged to support the GOP guy for VP if they Repubs support Bloomberg for the top of the ticket. Are there enough Trump haters in the house to allow this to happen? And how would the nation react if both populist candidates were shunned by the House to instead elect a billionaire who wasn't even able to get more than a few electors in a back room deal? Man, that would be some fucking exciting politics.

Naw, Hillary wants to make sure all of her corporate overlords are taken care of at the Convention.

All jokes aside, I don't know why they're doing this right now. Kinda a weird time to do it, considering the nominee could come back and change the entire thing.

You know why, because then hillary can give a large incentive for other democrats to support her because they will benefit from all of her PAC/corporation profits. Brillant idea if incredibly morally depraved. Makes me highly doubt she will change the system. Plus the recent gawker article about the blackmailing for news articles are making me change my opinion again about hillary/her people.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
You know why, because then hillary can give a large incentive for other democrats to support her because they will benefit from all of her PAC/corporation profits. Brillant idea if incredibly morally depraved. Makes me highly doubt she will change the system. Plus the recent gawker article about the blackmailing for news articles are making me change my opinion again about hillary/her people.

That news article thing is standard procedure for marketing guys. Everyone wants to control coverage to a degree. I get shit like that all the time from the private sector, "if you're going to mention us be sure to use our marketing spiel," or "we'll give you early access if you use our marketing spiel." For the first one you just shrug it off and ignore it, for the second you just say no thanks and cover it anyway since they want the coverage and won't stop you.

That news article thing is standard procedure for marketing guys. Everyone wants to control coverage to a degree. I get shit like that all the time from the private sector, "if you're going to mention us be sure to use our marketing spiel," or "we'll give you early access if you use our marketing spiel."

I think that is very different than covering public officials (and is still wrong) and they were a bit more involved than that including writing the article for the website. And everyone is doing it is a horrible justification for something.

DWS is an awful awful chair

Because nothing helps Sanders message of being against "Establishment Politics" like expanding the ability for special interests to donate to campaigns.

"We're not being influenced by money in politics, we just like more money in the political system because... reasons."

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I want Trump to flatout attack Cruz about the Christianity/lying stuff at a televised debate. Press him on it. If the guy is going to present himself as this perfect representative, I want him to have to speak on the issue of his lying.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I think that is very different than covering public officials (and is still wrong) and they were a bit more involved than that including writing the article for the website. And everyone is doing it is a horrible justification for something.

Well my point is more that it was less blackmail and more the reporter being a lazy bastard. Early access often comes with strings, he figured those strings were worth being able to get his work done early.

You and I both. What's drinking game rules?

DRINK ALL THE THINGS!

I'll go with my standard, drink until the whole thing becomes funny instead of sad. And drink every time Trump says something insane. Drink every time Rubio repeats himself. Drink when you feel bad for Jeb! Drink every time they check to make sure Carson is still breathing.

Rule #1. No organized trolling of threads. Especially ones with a serious topic.

Each time Rubio repeats a line, take double the amount of drinks as you did last time. 2 drinks after the first repeat, 4 after the second, and so on.

HylianTom

Banned

Rule #1. No organized trolling of threads. Especially ones with a serious topic.

Take a shot every time Trump promises something absurdly vague. "Something terrific" for ObamaCare, "I know people" for foreign policy, "we'll get good deals" for financial matters..

If he says "I like money," finish the drink and find a streaming copy of Idiocracy.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Take a shot every time Trump promises something absurdly vague. "Something terrific" for ObamaCare, "I know people" for foreign policy, "we'll get good deals" for financial matters..

If he says "I like money," finish the drink and find a streaming copy of Idiocracy.

What about if he mentions his buddy Carl and giving him China and or Japan?

CCS

Banned

Drink whenever a candidate gives you good reason to fear for the future of the entire human race if they somehow manage to get elected.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
I did the drinking game last time, and my doctor legitimately had to tell me not to do it any more, as I probably couldn't handle it. >_<

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Am I the only one who randomly just laughs and laughs and laughs when I realize where Trump is still the front runner?

We deserve Trump. We had it too good with Obama and didn't appreciate it enough so now the universe is giving us Trump as a punishment.

That CBC letter is pathetic, which is par the course for them.

Sanders is a fool for not taking his shots when he had the chance. He's not going to win but you have to throw punches when you're in a fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom