• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT| Ask us about our performance with Latinos in Nevada

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hillary being part of the Establishment or not I think really shows the gap of difference in understanding the world between feminist women and others. A lot of feminist women I know or read online believe that Hillary is basically incredibly anti-establishment by being a woman even if these writers don't support Hillary. I don't think Bernie is going to make in-roads with women's organizations if he keeps attacking Hillary as Establishment (note that I'm not necessarily endorsing this point of view, just that it is a major point of view among some Democrat women).

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
Hilary just said that "getting attacked for taking wall street donations is an unfair smear".

Hillary, that was the stupidest thing you could have said. You just gave the GOP a free freaking pass on that??

PBY

Banned
This carried interest "loophole" would probably cost a lot of people In my work their jobs

:/

Not sure what the right answer is there BUT she just gave another bad answer.

PBY

Banned
Mannnn. That's a shitty ask. Theres a conflict of interest there and those speeches probably wouldn't be a great look for her to relapse (because of likely 2-3 throwaway lines/jokes), but I DOUBT that those speeches have anything substantively incriminating.

Bernie has got to broaden his talking points. Just way too much talking in circles about the same few things

Rubio is surging when he only has 5 talking points ("Torture ISIS fighters in Guantanamo Bay because otherwise they will destroy America" "Guns are amazing." "Repeal Dodd-Frank." "Repeal Obamacare." "I'm not gay")!

Rubio is surging when he only has 5 talking points ("Torture ISIS fighters in Guantanamo Bay because otherwise they will destroy America" "Guns are amazing." "Repeal Dodd-Frank." "Repeal Obamacare." "I'm not gay")!

Rubio has also been on debate stages with 7-8 other people, when things dwindle he's gotta go deeper as well

What Hillary is saying is A1 bullshit btw.
Actually, she's correct. The biggest banks did not cause the financial crisis. The investment banking industry did. And those banks are smaller than Goldmann Sachs, Wells Fargo, and JP Morgan. Glass Steagall was not the answer. Ask Barney Frank.

PBY

Banned
Actually, she's correct. The biggest banks did not cause the financial crisis. The investment banking industry did. And those banks are smaller than Goldmann Sachs, Wells Fargo, and JP Morgan. Glass Steagall was not the answer. Ask Barney Frank.
I was referring to her discussion of Dodd Frank

Since it's probably ignored in the other thread, I'll also comment here. "Three of the four largest banks in the US are larger than pre-crisis." But they're larger because during the crisis they absorbed failing banks.

CCS

Banned
Since it's probably ignored in the other thread, I'll also comment here. "Three of the four largest banks in the US are larger than pre-crisis." But they're larger because during the crisis they absorbed failing banks.

True that. People don't really want an actual serious discussion of the banking system.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
The government BTW forced boa to buy merril Lynch. Everyone knows this. Jpm was hooked up with bear stern and wamu. They were trying to prevent a crisis.

True that. People don't really want an actual serious discussion.

FTFY.

Most people who get really, super into a candidate are ultimately not going to be up to handling a policy discussion on any level, especially if it threatens to upset their rationales.

So, I guess it may be worth noting from memory that the 2001 AUMF is the basis upon which the Obama administration has used military force against ISIS.

CCS

Banned
FTFY.

Most people who get really, super into a candidate are ultimately not going to be up to handling a policy discussion on any level.

That's certainly true, and it gets worse on banking in my opinion because people are happy to just go "bankers are evil, and that's why the recession happened" rather than have a policy discussion on that sector.

That's certainly true, and it gets worse on banking in my opinion because people are happy to just go "bankers are evil, and that's why the recession happened" rather than have a policy discussion on that sector.

Yeah, the banks are a big one, but ultimately it boils down to people wanting easy answers. "Big banks caused the recession," "X is responsible for all the strife in the middle east," "if we could just elect the perfect President everything would be better," etc.

CCS

Banned
Yeah, the banks are a big one, but ultimately it boils down to people wanting easy answers. "Big banks caused the recession," "X is responsible for all the strife in the middle east," "if we could just elect the perfect President everything would be better," etc.

Pretty much. God I just love debating complex systems in one-liners.

Also, we're doing national power rankings now? Lord.

Bernie's camp on foreign policy:

image.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom