• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT| Ask us about our performance with Latinos in Nevada

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iolo

Maybe we'll get to see Carson actually angry.

"Dr. Ben Carson. bla bla bla Ted Cruz"

He started to get angry once at a press conference (I think it was about exaggerating his exploits). I have this feeling that Carson is a slow burner and sometime he might completely flip out.

User 406

Banned
Humans gonna human. This debate has soured me on both candidates. Why can't they merge into one super awesome candidate.

They are one super awesome candidate. You're just going to get half of hir in the general. ;D

Fiornia officially out of the debate. No kids table. Death rattle.

I think they don't want her in the debate because they're afraid she'll show up with a bucket of abortions and fling it over the crowd while screaming, "THIS IS REAL THIS IS REAL THIS IS REAL"

They are one super awesome candidate. You're just going to get half of hir in the general. ;D

I think they don't want her in the debate because they're afraid she'll show up with a bucket of abortions and fling it over the crowd while screaming, "THIS IS REAL THIS IS REAL THIS IS REAL"

But I want my cake and to eat it!

Diablos

I don't know, if you told me a year ago that we'd all be hoping for Trump to win the nomination so Marco Rubio doesn't have a chance of beating Hillary I wouldn't believe you.

Is Rubio that big of a threat or are we really just concerned that Hillary is an increasingly shitty candidate?

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
Am feeling decent about the candidates, though I think Clinton's rebuttal of Sanders' "money corrupts" bit is going to absolutely come back to bite her in the ass. She's going to have be super careful from here on out, otherwise turning that on her in the GE will be a hammer she will have trouble recovering from.

Both performed pretty well, I think, with the exception that Sanders really needs to bring on board foreign policy advisers. Clinton's answers on Wall St are still not ideal, but were better than yesterday.

Am feeling decent about the candidates, though I think Clinton's rebuttal of Sanders' "money corrupts" bit is going to absolutely come back to bite her in the ass. She's going to have be super careful from here on out, otherwise turning that on her in the GE will be a hammer she will have trouble recovering from.
Except any repub candidate has it worse than Hillary (except for Trump but I suspect he'd start taking money for the GE) It's not an attack they can functionally use against her.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
Except any repub candidate has it worse than Hillary. It's not an attack they can functionally use against her.

But that's the point. She can't use that attack on them either. She goes after them, they're going to have that video clip cued up and ready to go.

But that's the point. She can't use that attack on them either. She goes after them, they're going to have that video clip cued up and ready to go.
Okay? The only reason it's an issue now is because Bernie doesn't have a PAC. It would never need to come up except for possibly Trump.

What did Bernie say that was bad foreign policy wise? I missed the first half.
His answers were rambling and sometimes just weird, and he falls back on his Iraq vote too often as an answer to any FP question.

I mean it's in part because it's really just Clinton's strength and she's a nerd. You can probably ask her about what's going on in Uganda or the Philippines or Bolivia randomly and she'd be able to tell you.

But I think just looking at his answers in isolation as well, they aren't satisfactory for someone who's going to lead the world's only real superpower.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

She won't need to though, there's actual policy differences to hit them with. This is only going to be a debate issue in the Dem primary.

I think there's enough to attack GOP candidates on. You could know nothing about these guys and just study their debates and pick up all the crazy shit they've said to make an oppo folder.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
Bernie is killing me being so unprepared for the foreign policy talk. I don't expect him to be as good as Hillary, but he looks like such an amateur. At least be competent.

Besides that I thought he was her equal or better on some topics. The things he is better talking about however is no where near the gap on foreign policy she has over him.

PBY

Banned
Bernie is killing me being so unprepared for the foreign policy talk. I don't expect him to be as good as Hillary, but he looks like such an amateur. At least be competent.

Besides that I thought he was her equal or better on some topics. The things he is better talking about however is no where near the gap on foreign policy she has over him.
I laughed out loud when they asked him if he had laid out a foreign policy plan and he responds "I did give a speech at Georgetown"

Bruhhhhhhhhhh

Chris Matthews just asked DWS "Who do you think are better human beings, democrats or republicans?"

Dumbass. This is why people make fun of msnbc.

come...come to the dark side

JV31jxp.jpg

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
I laughed out loud when they asked him if he had laid out a foreign policy plan and he responds "I did give a speech at Georgetown"

Bruhhhhhhhhhh
Seriously. Get your act together Bernie.
Chris Matthews just asked DWS "Who do you think are better human beings, democrats or republicans?"

Dumbass. This is why people make fun of msnbc.
I've lost respect for Matthews lately, especially after I heard he called Bernie a commie.

Kangi

Great debate. Though Hillary had a couple of overly heated moments, and I could hear the anguished cries of Bernie's campaign team when he kept getting asked foreign policy questions.

"No" was the best moment of the night. They both pushed that bait right back in MSNBC's faces, and that moment of her genuine smile could've ended the whole debate.

User 406

Banned
"No" was the best moment of the night. They both pushed that bait right back in MSNBC's faces, and that moment of her genuine smile could've ended the whole debate.

It just underscores that for all the silly overwrought internet melodrama, these two are on the same team. We're in good shape.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
Okay? The only reason it's an issue now is because Bernie doesn't have a PAC. It would never need to come up except for possibly Trump.

If Trump wins, then yeah, he goes after her on this, and grabs a bunch of people who believe money in politics corrupts. But I don't think Trump will win any more; so not as worried.

She won't need to though, there's actual policy differences to hit them with. This is only going to be a debate issue in the Dem primary.

But it takes away a huge piece for her to hit the GOP on - Citizens United / Koch Brothers / etc. She has to start working on the economic angle harder to bring Bernie voters onboard; so I think it's a bad idea to say that money doesn't corrupt her. Also; lets be honest, if Bernie were more of an asshole - he has all of her husband's voting records for market deregulation to absolutely pound her with. (Bernie messed up when Clinton attacked him on his deregulation vote - he should have pointed out that her husband was the president on that vote, and HIS advisers were the ones pushing it).

I would be one of his supporters if he did care about this. Bernie's lack of foreign policy understanding is why I have to side with Hillary.

It's the one issue that the next President will actually have control over. I don't understand how Bernie-stans overlook that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom