• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT| Ask us about our performance with Latinos in Nevada

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iolo

If Santorum was just taking down Cruz so he could win, he might endorse Cruz. But if he genuinely detests him, he would endorse Trump.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Speaking of, is Gilmore still in?

Maddow had a short blurb where he said he would be happy with 1 delegate from Iowa. He outperformed that expectation by over 10 times!

CCS

Banned
Maddow had a short blurb where he said he would be happy with 1 delegate from Iowa. He outperformed that expectation by over 10 times!

I don't want to sound like Donald Trump, but I just can't understand being satisfied with that level of failure.

Bernie Sanders official twitter said:
You can be a moderate. You can be a progressive. But you cannot be a moderate and a progressive.

How is this a good idea?? Has the Sanders' team forgotten that Democrats need moderates to win national elections. Focusing on progressives is one thing but pushing moderates away is a recipe for failure.

To those making the debate threads or whatever, how has there not been a version of The Apprentice, yet? Or Celebrity Apprentice. Whatever. It would be glorious, spectacular.

Anyway, Bush coming in 2nd and Rubio 4th in NH would be the ideal situation, IMO.

To Trump complaining about Iowa, I have some problems. for one, he comes off whiny. What he should do is say "look, have you seen want Ted Cruz did? He's a nasty guy, did you see what he did to Carson's supporters? I mean, this letter. Awful. just nasty. He's so nasty. And he knew he couldn't beat me fair. He knew it. He cheats, always cheats. slimy. I feel bad for Ben. Ben's a great guy, doesn't deserve that But even with that cheating, Ted barely beat me. I was still right there. Broke all kinds of records. He cheated and I was still there. He got 1 more delegate with all that cheating and now I'm going to crush him in New Hampshire. And that will end nasty cruz. So whatever, he cheated for Iowa, I've moved on. The great people here, I mean these are just amazing people living here in New Hampshire, see through that. They won't fall for it now that Ted's been exposed."

That is much better than threatening to sue and contest, which is loser talk. Just say he stole it, everyone knows it, but it didn't really do anything of consequence and explain how you'll now crush him.

Having said that, I think Trump is probably wrong. Ben Carson outperformed his poll numbers so my guess is it had a non-significant effect on the outcome.

Also, Hillary beat Bernie in the caucus with O'Malley supporters by about the margin the pollsters expected. So this idea that the polling was wrong is kind of silly cuz it didn't reallocate O'Malley's votes.

PBY

Banned
To those making the debate threads or whatever, how has there not been a version of The Apprentice, yet? Or Celebrity Apprentice. Whatever. It would be glorious, spectacular.

Anyway, Bush coming in 2nd and Rubio 4th in NH would be the ideal situation, IMO.

To Trump complaining about Iowa, I have some problems. for one, he comes off whiny. What he should do is say "look, have you seen want Ted Cruz did? He's a nasty guy, did you see what he did to Carson's supporters? I mean, this letter. Awful. just nasty. He's so nasty. And he knew he couldn't beat me fair. He knew it. He cheats, always cheats. slimy. I feel bad for Ben. Ben's a great guy, doesn't deserve that But even with that cheating, Ted barely beat me. I was still right there. Broke all kinds of records. He cheated and I was still there. He got 1 more delegate with all that cheating and now I'm going to crush him in New Hampshire. And that will end nasty cruz. So whatever, he cheated for Iowa, I've moved on. The great people here, I mean these are just amazing people living here in New Hampshire, see through that. They won't fall for it now that Ted's been exposed."

That is much better than threatening to sue and contest, which is loser talk. Just say he stole it, everyone knows it, but it didn't really do anything of consequence and explain how you'll now crush him.

Having said that, I think Trump is probably wrong. Ben Carson outperformed his poll numbers so my guess is it had a non-significant effect on the outcome.

Also, Hillary beat Bernie in the caucus with O'Malley supporters by about the margin the pollsters expected. So this idea that the polling was wrong is kind of silly cuz it didn't reallocate O'Malley's votes.

Damn, thats a FIRE Trump speech.

He should go w/ that.

Bernie agrees to 4 new debates with Hillary, including the NH one.

Also one in Flint, Mi. IMO, that's good. Flint needs even more press.

Man, Bernie really doesn't know how to run a campaign. Or his staff, whatever.

ivysaur12

Banned
Bernie agrees to 4 new debates with Hillary, including the NH one.

Also one in Flint, Mi. IMO, that's good. Flint needs even more press.

Man, Bernie really doesn't know how to run a campaign. Or his staff, whatever.

I still can't believe his campaigned RT'd that earlier.

HylianTom

Banned
How is this a good idea?? Has the Sanders' team forgotten that Democrats need moderates to win national elections. Focusing on progressives is one thing but pushing moderates away is a recipe for failure.
It's symptomatic: I see lots of folks pretending that moderates, Republicans, etc simply don't exist in this system, and that "corporate" Democrats are the big, bad reason for why we don't have Nice Things. It's the Democrats' fault that they didn't will into existence certain policies, along with an electorate that wouldn't punish them for those policies.

There are better ways to highlight legitimate differences (differences where I often agree with Bernie), and it strikes me as ill-conceived to cast aspersions on self-identified Moderates when the votes of those Moderates are going to be mathematically necessary for victory.

HUELEN10

Well, it is done.
fW8mxMw.jpg

They even gave me a card (I was under the impression that one was not needed here for changes but eh). Feels so wrong and weird to be actually affiliated with a party... Like picking at a scab so lose to being completely healed, but it is done. Now just gotta give Sanders my vote! It was a lot less of a hassle at the office of elections than I thought it would be though. After the Iowa thing, I was definitely not alone though. Talked to some others afterward who were affiliating with democrats and republicans just to vote in the primaries as well.

PBY

Banned
Insulting voters you need on Twitter is an interesting strategy.

Bernie Sanders ‏@BernieSanders 30m30 minutes ago
You can be a moderate. You can be a progressive. But you cannot be a moderate and a progressive.

Well which are you?

CCS

Banned

Well which are you?

Its funny, because I probably would describe myself as a moderate progressive :p

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

Oh goddamn it, seriously? That goes both ways Bernie, you aren't exactly lockstep with progressives either or have you forgotten you're pretty far to the right on guns?

PBY

Banned
Oh goddamn it, seriously? That goes both ways Bernie, you aren't exactly lockstep with progressives either or have you forgotten you're pretty far to the right on guns?

You are lockstep w/ progressives

if you're a single issue candidate

Bowdz

Well which are you?

If I have to choose, I am a moderate.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
This is becoming less important. That said, there's no way in hell that tweet qualifies as "shitting on moderates". Show me a candidate in the last ten years who's successfully campaigned during the primaries on how moderate they are.

The point is more that he isn't exactly in lockstep with the progressive wing of the party either, guys in glass houses shouldn't be throwing stones and all that. He's just setting himself up for a bad night at the next debate with shit like that.

I don't understand what you're criticizing. Bernie gets more debates like he asked for and that means he doesn't run his campaign well?

I think he meant the tweet.

How is he shitting on moderates?

Shitting on may be a bit strong but Sanders is explicitly stating that his campaign is focused on progressives and not moderates. Which is a problem since there are far more self-identified conservatives than liberals in the US. Any Dem has to win a strong majority of moderates to become President.

ivysaur12

Banned
This is becoming less important. That said, there's no way in hell that tweet qualifies as "shitting on moderates". Show me a candidate in the last ten years who's successfully campaigned during the primaries on how moderate they are.

It doesn't matter if it's less true than it has been before, because it's still true. And considering we haven't had a Democrat who's run in 8 years, your options are Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton 1.0, so.

He's focusing his campaign on progressives by shunning moderates. That's not smart.

HylianTom

Banned
Rick Santorum just announced he's suspending his campaign.
And Robert Costa says an endorsement is incoming, maybe tonight?

I'm feeling good about Trump taking New Hampshire, and already hoping that a Santorum endorsement helps Trump maintain in South Carolina. If Trump gets both Santorum and Huckabee? That'd be dreamy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom