• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT| Ask us about our performance with Latinos in Nevada

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm, now that it's probably back to Trump vs. Cruz:

Cruz victory: I buy my friend and his wife dinner, Hillary wins extremely easily.
Trump victory: I win dinner for me and my girlfriend and $20, Hillary wins pretty easily, Trump probably brings "cunt" back into political discourse.

Here's what I don't get: why did Christie go so damn hard for Rubio this time? I mean, he's too far back to make a damn bit of difference in NH, really. Did he just want to watch the world burn? Does he really hate Rubio as much as we all do? I just....I can't imagine he wants Cruz or Trump to be the nominee. Did he try to copy some files using one of Rubio's USB ports and the whole thing got corrupted?

Christie hates Rubio because Rubio kept bashing and attacking him during Christie's NH surge and Christie really likes Trump.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Here's what I don't get: why did Christie go so damn hard for Rubio this time? I mean, he's too far back to make a damn bit of difference in NH, really. Did he just want to watch the world burn? Does he really hate Rubio as much as we all do? I just....I can't imagine he wants Cruz or Trump to be the nominee. Did he try to copy some files using one of Rubio's USB ports and the whole thing got corrupted?

There might be a back room deal between Trump and Christie. Have you seen the pics of them laughing during the lulls at the debate?

Christie is looking after his own self interest, either a hope that this could propel him in NH, or that this could raise his profile enough that he'd be a possible VP or cabinet pick. The guy is never going to be elected to a political office again, this is his last chance in the spotlight.

You can't fault Christie. He's running to get elected, just like everyone else and from what I've seen he really has poured everything into his campaign. No one is going to be a lackey for the "Party" and he sure as hell is not going to rollover for fucking Jeb or whoever the party wants. He saw his biggest enemy and struck him a bodyblow in a way only he could.

There might be a back room deal between Trump and Christie. Have you seen the pics of them laughing during the lulls at the debate?

Has Trump gone after Christie? I mean, there probably hasn't been a reason for him to have done so yet. I could imagine Trump being ideologically in line with Christie, actually. I mean, more so than any other Establishment hack.

Christie is looking after his own self interest, either a hope that this could propel him in NH, or that this could raise his profile enough that he'd be a possible VP or cabinet pick. The guy is never going to be elected to a political office again, this is his last chance in the spotlight.

From your lips to god's ears. I'm sure there's a bridge he could fuck over somewhere.

You can't fault Christie. He's running to get elected, just like everyone else and from what I've seen he really has poured everything into his campaign. No one is going to be a lackey for the "Party" and he sure as hell is not going to rollover for fucking Jeb or whoever the party wants. He saw his biggest enemy and struck him a bodyblow in a way only he could.

True. However, I guess, like, on the Democratic side, I feel like both Bernie and Hillary would rather have the other win than anyone on the GOP side. I was holding the clown show to the same standard. That was my bad. I have to own that.

Sadsic

NH Prediction:

Trump >>>>> Bush > Kasich > Rubio > Cruz > Everyone else under 10% threshold

Trump being at or above 30% and Bush through Cruz being between 14 and 10%

eIHhIWz.png

Also, two things on the Dem side:

Bernie, get some damn foreign policy advisers. Like right fucking now. Call up someone. Anyone. Hell, I'll let you have one of my International relations textbooks if it'll help. Seriously, brah. Call someone. One vote on Iraq does not a policy position make, especially when you've shown you're fine with intervention in other situations. Git good brah.

Hillary: shut up about the damn "artful smear," and come up with a better answer to the Wall Street thing. Seriously, girl. You know I love you. You know I'll help you hide any bodies you need me to. Again. (I didn't save the emails from last time, but I'm thinking that's not going to be a problem.)

Also, thank you Hillary for talking about trans women of color. Trans issues are ignored by everyone and it's a damn shame.

HylianTom

Banned
It's better if Kasich stays in the race and continues to split the vote. The ideal scenario keeps as many candidates alive as possible.

In that case, wouldn't it be Trump>Cruz>Kasich>Christie>Bush>Rubio?

Keeps Cruz in, keeps Kasich in, keeps Bush in because he sees Florida as pivotal, and essentially eliminates Rubio.

(just thinking aloud. If you ask me half an hour later, my mind might change if I approach from a different angle. Sooooo many variables!)

In that case, wouldn't it be Trump>Cruz>Kasich>Christie>Bush>Rubio?

Keeps Cruz in, keeps Kasich in, keeps Bush in because he sees Florida as pivotal, and essentially eliminates Rubio.

(just thinking aloud. If you ask me half an hour later, my mind might change if I approach from a different angle. Sooooo many variables!)

Nothing that happens in NH is going to get Cruz to drop out. It'd be better to have two non-Rubio establishment candidates at 2nd and 3rd both stubbornly thinking that they have momentum.

kirblar

Kasich is too sane to be a real problem. There's no way that the establishment is gong to throw support behind him instead of Jeb! He has no appeal in places like South Carolina. All they have to tell the rabid base is that he gave poor people Medicaid and he's done. He needs to be about 10 pounds more crazy and 3 cups more personable to be a problem for us. In the General, absolutely he'd be an issue. In the primary, he's a non-starter.
His Intra-GOP popularity numbers are barely above neutral while guys like Carson/Trump are sky-high. He spits too much hot truth.

This is a trap.
If you let them do that, they'll gladly do it, then move on to their next talking point, which is "gotta reduce the deficit", at which point they'll once again resume slashing welfare while still driving up the budget.

See: Kansas.

Getting away from state vs. federal, it probably won't matter if major new gov't policies are biased down the ladder and prioritize the most vulnerable while still driving up the budget. You can't balance a budget or run a surplus no matter what the economic conditions and corresponding consequences are. That's why the Bush tax cuts were not paid for by increased taxes and spending cuts and were made permanent during the Obama admin. You will run into brick wall called a recession if you follow "gotta reduce the deficit" like a religion. So, the trap is letting someone propose a tax cut that isn't in your best interest, pass it, then turn around and say we can't afford to do something else. You have to get someone like Jeb to confront the fact that he's shilling for the wealthiest folks at the top with his tax plan. Or my boy Rubio.

And even in Michigan you see that you can't really follow gotta reduce the deficit to its conclusion if people get lead poisoning.

Go for it.

//edit
Missed the edit.

Thank you! I cancelled the Walmart one and ordered it on Amazon. :D This can join my Barack and Diamond Joe one.....except those are in my closet. My Queen will not be in the closet. I try not to order from Walmart. Although, ordering a Hillary cutout from Walmart is probably sufficient to make some people's head explode....

Rubenov

Christie and Trump get along just fine...

Here's what I don't get: why did Christie go so damn hard for Rubio this time? I mean, he's too far back to make a damn bit of difference in NH, really. Did he just want to watch the world burn?

Thing is, Christie went after something that a ton of media people had already noticed. If Rubio adjusts and avoids his talking points no one cares and today we're all talking about how Trump wants to bring back the rack. Rubio took something that only hardcores care about and turned it into a media firestorm.

Thank you! I cancelled the Walmart one and ordered it on Amazon. :D This can join my Barack and Diamond Joe one.....except those are in my closet. My Queen will not be in the closet. I try not to order from Walmart. Although, ordering a Hillary cutout from Walmart is probably sufficient to make some people's head explode....
Maybe Walmart has the 'Walmart Board Member' version of Hillary.

kirblar

This professor sounds like a dumb person trying to avoid the fact that Trump has won popularity based on racism alone.

Trump is at -70 with Democrats right now. He's one of the most hated presidential candidates of all time.
Troll voting for Trump is going to be a real thing, I'm surprised he didn't mention it.

Troll voting for Trump is going to be a real thing, I'm surprised he didn't mention it.
He alluded to it in a way, but I don't know if he intended to. He says that after South Carolina with Bernie pretty much out of the race, there will be crossovers in the open primaries on Super Tuesday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom