• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT3| You know what they say about big Michigans - big Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.
The results in Ohio tonight are encouraging for Trump in Pennsylvania. That is if you ever thought Appalachia was anything other than in the bag for him.

Cipherr

We did it!
KuGsj.gif

Looking at the map Bernie won Johnson County by 10+% or so. That explains all the signs I saw. It didn't seem like it would be close, but the state is larger than my neck of the woods. Amazing.

The superpacs have already gone in on Drumpf. He's gonna lose the women and minority vote by a shit-ton. And not win enough of the white vote to be a threat. Hillaryis45. Those puma's finally get their day in the sun lol

Ugh. I still hate seeing the words "HillaryIs", subconsciously. I remember those days. And I remember my feelings. Obama was the best thing we did as a country in a long time. I'm glad to move on to Hillary now, a much wiser and more qualified person than she was then.

Ecotic

Hillary's team will do what Obama did in 2012, brand their opponent quickly and consistently before the GOP even has a chance to pull itself together. Just as Romney was your job killing boss, Trump will be what I don't know. But Hillary's team won't let anyone forget what he has said in the primary.

Yeah, that is the correct strategy, but it's practically already been done for her already. Trump can't be better known, and known negatively. I guess ads can be run anyway just to be sure.

T'Zariah

Banned
After tonight, Senator Sanders would have to carry every single state going forward, by a 15+ point margin in order to win the nomination. That's the case even in the remaining states in which he trails by huge margins.

Welp.

What are the remaining winner take all states for tthe GOP?

Arizona, Utah (effectively because Cruz will break 50%). Wisconsin, Delaware, Maryland, Indiana, California, Montana, New Jersey, South Dakota.

Some of those are WTA by congressional district, but I didn't look up the nuances of rules for each one.

Hillary is going to have the best campaign surrogates of all times. Bill, Obama, Michelle Obama, Biden and Bernie if he ain't too sore about the whole thing. Them vs the hate machine of the GOP is no contest.

studyguy

I need to see how much Trump's angry, white demo gets smashed by in the general. The more the better just to prove how this fucked up fringe is nothing but. Once Obama hands down his endorsement and makes the rounds it's a fucking wrap, a delicious wrap.

Bowdz

I love that the GOP establishment has been and will continue pumping in millions of dollars worth of negative attack ads against their presumptive nominee saving the dems the trouble and already laying the groundwork.

Perfection.

danm999

And with that, I'm gonna disappear from poligaf for a while. I'm just not excited enough about the nominees to wrap myself in the daily gaffes that ultimately won't stop Trump from getting blown out across the country (and he will). And, frankly, I've been putting a lot of time in here that I should really be putting toward my career and personal relationships. There are a lot more productive ways to spend my time and I'm not passionate enough about Hillary to distract myself with it all. I would say I'll vote for Hillary, but I'm in a safe blue state (California) so I'll probably pull the trigger for Jill Stein just to further drive the point home that younger voters are done with Bill's third way democrats. If there's any reason to believe Trump has even a narrow chance at CA, I'll vote for Hillary happily with no hesitation. I recognize that she's leagues better than anything the republicans could offer. But if Trump taking CA becomes a possibility, we're probably on the verge of committing some sort of genocide and have bigger problems to worry about.

Aww don't leave, you're one of my favourites :(

Effect

You know it bothers the hell out of me that Bernie doesn't thank the people that voted for him publicly even when he loses a state. Did he do that again tonight?

Saw this interesting tidbit in the Ohio results:

Bernie's biggest win came in Athens County, home of Ohio University and ... well, little else.

They're probably burning couches and rioting there tonight
but that's pretty typical for a Tuesday night in Athens, anyways

EDIT: And second tidbit ... my county voted for Bernie by over 1,000 votes and I have absolutely no way of explaining why. None. This was, to the best of my knowledge, not Bernie country at all.

Dave Wasserman ‏
In the Illinois loophole primary, there is rampant evidence Trump supporters gave fewer votes to Trump delegates w/ foreign-sounding names.
Interesting GOP result in #IL06: 2 Trump-bound delegates named Barbara Kois & Paul Minch won, but a 3rd named Nabi Fakroddin lost.
And in Downstate #IL13, a Trump-bound candidate named Raja Sadiq ran 3k votes behind 2 other Trump delegates and lost. Hmm... #WhatsInaName?
Hmm...why would Trump voters give someone named "Raja Sadiq" 6,393 fewer votes than a guy named "Doug Hartmann?" http://chicago.cbslocal.com/electio...ch-15-2016/?state=IL&eid=15374&site=WBBMTVELN …
Oh course this happened. I saw the split ticket voting earlier, but I hadn't known foreign names were the issue.

ivysaur12

Banned
And with that, I'm gonna disappear from poligaf for a while. I'm just not excited enough about the nominees to wrap myself in the daily gaffes that ultimately won't stop Trump from getting blown out across the country (and he will). And, frankly, I've been putting a lot of time in here that I should really be putting toward my career and personal relationships. There are a lot more productive ways to spend my time and I'm not passionate enough about Hillary to distract myself with it all. I would say I'll vote for Hillary, but I'm in a safe blue state (California) so I'll probably pull the trigger for Jill Stein just to further drive the point home that younger voters are done with Bill's third way democrats. If there's any reason to believe Trump has even a narrow chance at CA, I'll vote for Hillary happily with no hesitation. I recognize that she's leagues better than anything the republicans could offer. But if Trump taking CA becomes a possibility, we're probably on the verge of committing some sort of genocide and have bigger problems to worry about.

Aw no, don't leave!

HylianTom

Banned
I go out with the dog for one last bedtime walk, and come find that she's swept?! Wow!

Guys, we're going to have Obama, Hillary, Bill, Biden, Michelle, +other party leadership just shitting on Trump and the GOP for Six months.

I can't wait.
I am turgid right now. It's almost not fair. 😄

You know it bothers the hell out of me that Bernie doesn't thank the people that voted for him publicly even when he loses a state. Did he do that again tonight?

He did not thank anyone. He's released no public statement at all about the results tonight. Nothing on Twitter. Absolutely nothing anywhere.

That shit just pisses me the hell off so much.

He did not thank anyone. He's released no public statement at all about the results tonight. Nothing on Twitter. Absolutely nothing anywhere.

Just like when he pretty much pretended like SC didn't exist after getting blown out

T'Zariah

Banned

Wait he didn't even give HRC a congratulations?!

SERIOUSLY?!

He's always bitter every time he loses. He doesn't hide it very well either.

Cipherr

Bill kind of sucks at this now though. The rest will be though.

I dunno, if he can just serve up one excellent moment like the speech at the previous DNC it will be more than enough. But I expect he will do more. The team she will have out campaigning for her is just insane.

Hillary is going to have the best campaign surrogates of all times. Bill, Obama, Michelle Obama, Biden and Bernie if he ain't too sore about the whole thing. Them vs the hate machine of the GOP is no contest.

Guys, we're going to have Obama, Hillary, Bill, Biden, Michelle, +other party leadership just shitting on Trump and the GOP for Six months.

I can't wait.

Lord. It's going to be a curbstomp of massive proportions. The only downside.... the ONLY downside is that FoxNews isn't going to be shocked by the blowout this time. They all clearly see it coming this time.

So far at least.

@Redistrict 6m "In the Illinois loophole primary, there is rampant evidence Trump supporters gave fewer votes to Trump delegates w/ foreign-sounding names."

Hmm? I haven't really seen any of his stump speeches this primary. I am just going to guess that if he did suck it was because he got burnt by Obama in 08 watched his step. He's still got a DNC 2012 speech or two in him. Go back and watch that thing. GODDAMN he lit their ass on fire.

Armaros

Bill is best when he is against republicans.

He has similar problems when it was VS Obama, but his convention speeches were legendary.

Hmm? I haven't really seen any of his stump speeches this primary. I am just going to guess that if he did suck it was because he got burnt by Obama in 08 watched his step. He's still got a DNC 2012 speech or two in him. I know it.

He goes for the throat in his speeches often, and that doesn't play well in the democratic primary.

Just like when he pretty much pretended like SC didn't exist after getting blown out

Then he at least mentioned something in passing getting off the plane.

Ugh. I hate that BS so much.

Me too. I got a text and two emails from Hillary's campaign thanking me for GOTV today. Hillary did a public thing on Twitter. Thanked her volunteers at her speech, and even congratulated Bernie on running a vigorous campaign.

Wait he didn't even give HRC a congratulations?!

SERIOUSLY?!

Nope. Nothing. He managed to tell us on Twitter to "Not settle for the status quo when the status quo is broken"

He's always bitter every time he loses. He doesn't hide it very well either.

Bernie cannot fail. He can only be failed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom