• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT3| You know what they say about big Michigans - big Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.

ivysaur12

Banned
We really need an attorney general. Ivysaur?

Basilleus and PBY need spots too.

Update:

President: Pigeon
Vice Pres: B-Dubs
Chief Staff: OrangeGrayBlue
Press Sec: Benji
Sex. of State: NeoXChaos
Sec. Defense: Sea Manky
Sec. Treasury: Mamba
Sec. Education: Plinko
Sec. Interior: Wilson
Sec. Labor: Holmes
Sec. Homeland: RustyNails
Sec. HHS & YQ: Adam
Sec. HUD: IWMTB19
Sec: Commerce: Y2Kev
Sec. Energy: HylianTom
Sec Transportation: Huckster
Sec. Agriculture: StopMakingSense
UN Ambassador: Makai
Fed Chairman: CCS
Micronesia Amb: Poodle
Solicitor General: Metaphoreous
NRLB: JessieEwok
CDC Chair: Diablos

I FEEL SO LEFT OUT.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Interesting. Man, I hope Sanders does inspire younger voters to be more engaged in politics. A lot of those issues he rants about are so important, but don't have easy solutions.

That's why i'm so disappointed in him not pushing for lower level elections, which he should very well know the importance of having been mayor. To be fair, neither candidate has talked about it much. But he has an incredibly captive enthusiastic audience, many of which could run for office themselves in uncontested elections and the like. Secondly, they are young and will influence the electorate more as they age. Getting that message of importance about local races, Senate and House seats into the upcoming generation now will pay dividends later. When you show people that government can work, it's easier to sell the other messages Sanders pushes to the general electorate. They don't have the "political capital" or "electorate" to pass what Sanders is proposing, but they have the long term advantage, especially if they start taking steps now.

I FEEL SO LEFT OUT.

I refuse to play "political house" with them ;p
But in actuality, i'm in a good mood for once.

Maledict

I definitely still want to be UK ambassador. The new embassy is really close to my house and diplomatic immunity would be really cool! ;-)

We really need an attorney general. Ivysaur?

Basilleus and PBY need spots too.

Update:

Sex. of State: NeoXChaos
I'll take Fish and Wildlife Service.

Update:

Sec. of State: NeoXChaos
Chair Econ Advis: Chichov
Chair Joint Chiefs: T'Zariah
Fish/Wildlife: Bassileus (not a typo)
UK Ambassador: Maledict

Come on Ivy, give me your spot. I've been waiting for you! you can also make the case for bumping someone. :)

Slacker

Maddowblog and The Nation on the long lines in AZ:

The lines were so long because election officials in Phoenix’s Maricopa County, the largest in the state, reduced the number of polling places by 70 percent from 2012 to 2016, from 200 to just 60—one polling place per every 21,000 voters.

Election officials said they reduced the number of polling sites to save money—an ill-conceived decision that severely inconvenienced hundreds of thousands of voters. Previously, Maricopa County would have needed to receive federal approval for reducing the number of polling sites, because Arizona was one of 16 states where jurisdictions with a long history of discrimination had to submit their voting changes under Section 5 of the Voting Rights Act. This type of change would very likely have been blocked since minorities make up 40 percent of Maricopa County’s population and reducing the number of polling places would have left minority voters worse off. Section 5 blocked 22 voting changes from taking effect in Arizona since the state was covered under the VRA in 1975 for discriminating against Hispanic and Native American voters.

But after the Supreme Court gutted the VRA in 2013, Arizona could make election changes without federal oversight. The long lines in Maricopa County last night were the latest example of the disastrous consequences of that decision.

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-...ds-long-voting-lines-arizona?cid=sm_fb_maddow

http://www.thenation.com/article/th...e-supreme-court-gutted-the-voting-rights-act/

More material with which to convince people how critical it is they get to the polls in November, especially if the Senate Republicans are still foolishly holding up the SC nomination process.

lol because this is PoliGAF and not POPGAF I won't ravage you. But comparing a 20 year old to a 46 year old woman is interesting of you.
maybe you shouldn't be posting smug gifs inviting the comparison then, if you're going to catch feelings over the fact that your elderly queen that hasn't had any hits in ten years feels the need to mask her imperfections to stay relevant, sis ;)

never capitulate, i only escalate

Cerium

Cruz still working hard for that New York vote.

“Let me be absolutely clear: Our spouses and our children are off bounds,” Cruz said. “It is not acceptable for a big, loud New York bully to attack my wife.”

Some people will look at general election polling this far out and say "well yeah but look at 1980, Carter was beating Reagan at this point". True. But Carter was collapsing rapidly:

trialheats1980.png

Clinton is pulling further ahead of Trump, not the other way around. Not that it means anything but general election polling this far out actually isn't that bad of a predictor on who will win the general election. It's not evidence, it's nothing more than confirmation bias. But it's there.

Slacker

Did Cruz ever comment on the Melania ad other than to deny responsibility? Seems a little... shall we say Cruz-like... to keep saying this "I don't attack families" stuff but enjoy the benefits of people acting on his behalf doing just that. I thought Canadians were supposed to be polite.

Some people will look at general election polling this far out and say "well yeah but look at 1980, Carter was beating Reagan at this point". True. But Carter was collapsing rapidly:

Clinton is pulling further ahead of Trump, not the other way around. Not that it means anything but general election polling this far out actually isn't that bad of a predictor on who will win the general election. It's not evidence, it's nothing more than confirmation bias. But it's there.

plus convention brawls hurt the party. Drunken Ted Kennedy hurt Carter by primarying him.

shit will hit the fan for if Trump fails to reach the magic number before Cleveland

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Yeah that's why trump Needs to win before July. Because the argument going into the convention will be "he's down 15 to Hillary who just annihilated Bernie in California"

ivysaur12

Banned
Update:

Sec. of State: NeoXChaos
Chair Econ Advis: Chichov
Chair Joint Chiefs: T'Zariah
Fish/Wildlife: Bassileus (not a typo)
UK Ambassador: Maledict

Come on Ivy, give me your spot. I've been waiting for you! you can also make the case for bumping someone. :)

I'm head of the DNC, bitch.

pigeon

Banned
You guys are too kind. I humbly accept this honor and nominate empty vessel to the CFPB.

Also to everyone who appreciates my posts I would urge you all to post more policy and political philosophy discussions as well and we can be the revolution we need. It's easy to get sucked into the frustration of the endless election season otherwise. I know I have made some shitty posts along the way.

On another note, that communities post by Pigeon is some top quality shit. Like, a few months of research away from being published quality. What do you do for a living pigeon?

I work in the game industry. Two big elements of my job are thinking about people's choices and motivations and understanding how to manage cross-functional teams effectively.

I appreciate that people found the analysis interesting! Honestly, more than anything I was thinking of it as an object lesson in management strategies and what works and doesn't work. Anybody who wants to steal the idea and use it as a paper topic is free to do so.

Maddowblog and The Nation on the long lines in AZ:

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-...ds-long-voting-lines-arizona?cid=sm_fb_maddow

http://www.thenation.com/article/th...e-supreme-court-gutted-the-voting-rights-act/

More material with which to convince people how critical it is they get to the polls in November, especially if the Senate Republicans are still foolishly holding up the SC nomination process.

Things like this are why I get so annoyed when people act like Clinton's Supreme Court nominees aren't likely to be very different from a Republican president's, or that it's not such a big deal to let a Republican president appoint a few justices because that's totes going to spark the political revolution that ushers in our left wing utopia.

Bowdz

Cruz still working hard for that New York vote.

I look forward to the hypocrisy from either Cruz or Trump when they make it to the general and proceed to shit all over Bill under the guise that he was a public official.

Also, fucking lol at that Bernie black support in the South lost. Maybe he'll retroactively take South Carolina!

Catching up. Space emperor Kev is the best poster. As his gay clone that makes me even betterer.

Also racist and sexist aren't nebulous terms used to label any non supportive parties. They're well defined terms used to label racists and sexists.
Also to everyone who appreciates my posts I would urge you all to post more policy and political philosophy discussions as well and we can be the revolution we need.
I posted about how, no, tertiary education isn't a right yesterday. :(

Makai

You guys are too kind. I humbly accept this honor and nominate empty vessel to the CFPB.
I think the first posts I saw of yours were in the MtGOX thread where you explained that fiat currencies are backed by taxation. Pretty interesting explanation. Might even explain how gold was valued in the first place.

CCS

Banned
Catching up. Space emperor Kev is the best poster. As his gay clone that makes me even betterer.

Also racist and sexist aren't nebulous terms used to label any non supportive parties. They're well defined terms used to label racists and sexists.

I enjoyed that post, thank you for it.

Y'all bitches are gonna get a couple of essays from me over the summer when I have some free time.

i might post an essay or two if i don't spend half this summer sleeping
and the other half sleeping because there are hardly any friggin' planning internships in columbus

CCS

Banned
i might post an essay or two if i don't spend half this summer sleeping
and the other half sleeping because there are hardly any friggin' planning internships in columbus

That's a pain in the neck man, bad luck.

Got my last free summer because I'm starting a job in September, gonna sleep so damn much.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions

I saw that, and should have replied. It's true that college is not for everyone and I did see a problem with High School (this is 2001 era) pushing College on virtually everyone and barely highlighting other choices such as vocation schools. My time in College (this is 2012 era) highlighted this as many people either did not put the effort in (which indicated that they either were incapable or did not want to be there, or just wanted a degree). The ones who went for my degree (CIS) were a bit better, but the ones going for Marketing and General Business were on the average far worse about this.

What's going to complicate things is the automation economy is going to wreck many vocations, i'm not even sure how best to restructure education at this point. I fear that changes are also going to wayyyyyyyyy too late, even more so this time around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom