• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT3| You know what they say about big Michigans - big Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.

East Lake

One of Dick Nixon's ratfuckers and the head of the anti Hillary group C.U.N.T.? I care about this man's thoughts.
Maybe you seen this already, but this is a story you'll like. Terrorists are in our campuses now!

It came as no surprise this week when New York’s Senate backed Gov. Andrew Cuomo’s proposal to cut state funding to the City University of New York.

Few in Albany were prepared, however, when the Senate, in its own budget proposal, criticized CUNY’s handling of alleged anti-Semitism.

In light of the issue, the Senate said it is denying funding until it is satisfied with the school’s response “and this difficult and atrocious situation is adequately addressed.”

That budget proposal, issued Monday from the Senate’s Republican majority, has seemed to draw every imaginable reaction: an anxious response from CUNY, outrage from Democrats, praise from a Zionist group, concern from First Amendment attorneys and even dissent from within the GOP’s ranks.

“It was breathtakingly shocking to me,” said Sen. Liz Krueger, a Manhattan Democrat opposed to the cuts. “This was one giant ‘what the heck?’ moment.”

The anti-Semitism allegations surfaced in a letter from the Zionist Organization of America, an Israeli advocacy group, sent in February to CUNY Chancellor James Milliken.

It alleges numerous anti-Semitic incidents at CUNY over the past three years, from cries of “Zionists go home!” to a swastika found on one of the school’s campuses. The letter blames a university group, Students for Justice in Palestine, for many of the alleged incidents, and urges CUNY to condemn it.

Radhika Sainath, an attorney at Palestinian advocacy organization Palestine Legal who is advising Students for Justice in Palestine, said the Zionist Organization of America “conflates political speech criticizing Israeli policy with genuine anti-Semitism,” and inaccurately pinned “some instances of real anti-Semitism” on Palestinian activists.

Mr. Cuomo’s CUNY proposal called for shifting some of the school’s costs to New York City from the state. The anti-Semitism concerns didn’t come up at the state level until the Senate released its proposal.

Democrats in the state Legislature said the GOP is using those allegations as an excuse to cut funding. In a joint meeting of the Senate’s and Assembly’s higher-education committees on Wednesday the two political parties sparred over the issue.

Councilman Mark Levine, a Manhattan Democrat co-sponsoring the bill, said he was dismayed by the allegations at CUNY and wants a more thorough response from the school’s administration. He too condemned the Senate’s proposal.

“It’s outrageous,” he said. “We have a legitimate problem in how to combat anti-Semitism on CUNY’s campuses, and the solution is not to collectively punish a quarter of a million students, many of whom are Jewish.”

http://www.wsj.com/articles/fight-over-cuny-funding-takes-unforeseen-turn-1458173768

ampere

I'm confused. Washington has 101 regular delegates, but only 23 + 8 have been assigned even at 96% reporting?

Apparently Amanda Carpenter deleted the tweet with the pic of her in what appeared to be Cruz's jacket with the temp tattoo lol

Streisand effect inc

Roger Stone
‏@RogerJStoneJr Private detective's cited #CubanMistressCrisis Enquirer were working for @MarcoRubio. they planted this story #GotPaid2x @StoneColdTruth
Why is Rubio trying to bring down Cruz from behind? But of course Roger Stone is a dirty political muckraker. Assuming what he says is true.

Depends on your definition of "big state". Oregon has 74 delegates and he'll probably win that state by a 75-25 margin.
61 pledged. 13 unpledged of which Clinton has 6. I don't think most would consider it big. Probably medium?

For perspective, Florida would probably be universally considered "big" and her win there gave a net 71 delegates. She won 141 pledged there, which is the about the same as the total number of delegates available today.

Washington is probably the cusp of what people would call big in terms of delegates. Maybe down to like Massachusetts.

Chichikov

Why is Rubio trying to bring down Cruz from behind? But of course Roger Stone is a dirty political muckraker. Assuming what he says is true.
Well now that's Roger Stone is on the case, I'm sure we'll get a serious, level headed discussion on the issue.

For people unfamiliar with his work -

sxkYHQs.jpg

Well now that's Roger Stone is on the case, I'm sure we'll get a serious, level headed discussion on the issue.

For people unfamiliar with his work -

Surely 5 extra seconds of thought would have generated a less awkward way to turn that word into an acronym.

Also love the "hot girls totally dig this shirt" ad there.

Might as well talk about going to the poll today. It was pretty busy when I arrived, an hour before the poll opened. I got through, signed in and registered, fairly quickly. But as the poll's time grew closer, the polling place got busier and busier. Things grew really chaotic when the poll actually began, since on one side, you had lots of people still in line to sign in (and due to the amount of people, the line largely collapsed), on the other side of the table, you had people who already signed in waiting for their names to be called to receive their ballot (and the poor volunteers didn't have any easy access to audio equipment, so you had to stand close by to hear your name).

I eventually got my ballot, marked it, and turned it in to the designated person. I was originally planning to stay for the count and the meeting, but I only ended up staying until around 2pm, as there was still a huge line of people waiting to register. The original plan was to hold the poll at 1pm, start counting at 1:30 (or when everyone who signed in voted, whichever happened last), and hold a party meeting at 3pm. Considering how busy the polling place was when I left, I wouldn't be surprised if the count took place closer to 4pm. And I was at one of the smaller-to-mid polling areas; I shudder to think how busy the bigger polling places in Honolulu or Pearl City were.

So I guess I'm not too surprised that it has taken this long for results to come out.

Holmes

So the margin will be about 200 delegates after Wisconsin and Wyoming, and then the pendulum will shift back when caucuses end and New York, Pennsylvania and Maryland vote.

Chichikov

I have to say, I feel a bit shitty for enjoying that tabloid crap.
This type of stuff shouldn't really matter, at all. And no, I don't really accept that it's important because he's a hypocrite. Are we like six years old? He's a politician, the US is a representative democracy, I think you can guess with pretty high confidence where he would stand on "family values" issues. Personally, I think his positions on the subject are terrible, but for someone who want that agenda pushed in Washington, whether or not he had affairs shouldn't really matter. Like, do people think someone can fuck the conservative away from him?

With all that being said, fuck Ted Cruz, seriously, fuck him.
So yeah, I might be a hypocrite for enjoying that, bud I'd be a liar if I said that I'm not.

I say this all the time when it comes to incriminating social media content...

LEARN HOW TO USE THIS SHIT! SERIOUSLY! As an example, hell, the only reason Wiener got caught the first time is because his dumb ass forgot which Twitter account he was logged into when he sent out a picture of his junk. Stupid stupid mistakes, people. Sooooo close to getting away with it-- And you totally could be getting away with it-- If you only stopped to use your brain first. Considering these people are doing things that could completely ruin their personal and/or professional lives and burn down everything they've spent their entire lives trying to build, you'd think they could be a little more careful.

I'm horrible with social media but even I know how incredibly easy it is to get away with almost whatever you want if you're smart enough about it. In this case, the woman could totally have sneaked by from having an affair with Ted Cruz (for reasons unknown), but no, had to have a history of highly incriminating tweets that you could have 100% avoided had you thought about what you were posting before sending it.

Not even going to discuss the morality of consenting adults doing whatever they want behind closed doors. But you could totally get away with it, were you not an idiot, and had you spent 2 seconds rereading that tweet back to yourself before sending it.

none of my facebook friends in the bern ward have so much have posted about either of the mainland ones, either, and they're usually the people sharing a dozen dank memes a day (and this has been the best day of the campaign for him, at that!)

i don't believe any of this

none of my facebook friends in the bern ward have so much have posted about either of the mainland ones, either, and they're usually the people sharing a dozen dank memes a day (and this has been the best day of the campaign for him, at that!)

i don't believe any of this

Yeah, my FB feed has been dead for Bernie stans ever since the 15th.

Except the one screaming about Arizona voter fraud.

Yeah, my FB feed has been dead for Bernie stans ever since the 15th.

Except the one screaming about Arizona voter fraud.

I only had one friend who was posting a dozen Bernie things a day (and still does), but generally the friends who would post Bernie things every now and then still do so. #birdiesanders was especially popular yesterday.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Hmm, at least the Hawaii one happened:

VSWULTz.png

Not sure about the others anymore.

Makai

I have to say, I feel a bit shitty for enjoying that tabloid crap.
This type of stuff shouldn't really matter, at all. And no, I don't really accept that it's important because he's a hypocrite. Are we like six years old? He's a politician, the US is a representative democracy, I think you can guess with pretty high confidence where he would stand on "family values" issues. Personally, I think his positions on the subject are terrible, but for someone who want that agenda pushed in Washington, whether or not he had affairs shouldn't really matter. Like, do people think someone can fuck the conservative away from him?

With all that being said, fuck Ted Cruz, seriously, fuck him.
So yeah, I might be a hypocrite for enjoying that, bud I'd be a liar if I said that I'm not.
This election has conditioned me to expect bigger and better thrills and Ted sex scandal is the only way to top what we've seen so far. I need this. I don't even care if it's true at this point.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
This election has conditioned me to expect bigger and better thrills and Ted sex scandal is the only way to top what we've seen so far. I need this. I don't even care if it's true at this point.

Seriously, what the hell are we going to do when everything goes back to normal next cycle?

A sex scandal would be pretty blaśe at this point of not for the fact it's Ted Cruz. The though of sleeping with him just as a matter of wanting to is... yucky.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom