• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT4| Tyler New Chief Exit Pollster at CNN

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean, didn't everyone kind of figure this out at the start of the primary season? It's hard to advocate for CHANGE when its a change from what a lot of people like and respect.
What hit me were the interviews reporters were doing at the civil rights convention this week in NYC. A lot of people were just plain depressed knowing they're about to lose Obama and neither were really going to be him.

Maledict

THe one thing I'm surprised about with Trump is that he didnt hire someoen to handle this delegate shit for him who actually knew what they were doing. He's so savvy on a lot of this shit, how he let that get away from him, I don't know.

Trump doesn't delegate. He micro manages all of his businesses and only lets trusted family members on the inside really. An ego the size of his doesn't allow for competent, intelligent senior staff. It's no surprise he's running his campaign this way - it's how his businesses have always been run.

Crocodile

What hit me were the interviews reporters were doing at the civil rights convention this week in NYC. A lot of people were just plain depressed knowing they're about to lose Obama and neither were really going to be him.

Well those are sentiments I can sympathize with and share. Though if Obama were eligible for a third term, that would 100% have changed how his second term played out. I wonder if it would've been a change for the better or worse?

dramatis

THe one thing I'm surprised about with Trump is that he didnt hire someoen to handle this delegate shit for him who actually knew what they were doing. He's so savvy on a lot of this shit, how he let that get away from him, I don't know.
He's a cheapskate, that's why

Doing even worse in Queens and pretty shitty in the Bronx too.
I thought he would be raising more from Brooklyn to be honest.

operon

It seems to me these Super Delegates are more reluctant to change their pledge than they were in 2008. It's disappointing because I truly believe Sanders would win the General Election against a Trump/Cruz.

Isn't that why they are supporting Clinton? Because they feel she has a better chance in November? What evidence is there to suggest they are right?
Aliens told them she's destined to win

Cipherr

Her persistent evasion of the question of whether Israel used disproportionate force left a sour taste in my mouth. She strikes me as being more to the Right when it comes to Israel compared with some in the administration.

Where do Clinton supporters here stand on her views on Israel?

Its her weakest area literally and the only area I really like Bernie in. American liberals are full of SHIT on Israel, Hillary and Obama included. They are so full of shit that its just... awful. I love that Bernie has the balls to call a spade a spade on that one.

Unfortunately it's not nearly enough to overcome his complete nonsensical answers on energy and how we should straight up abandon nuclear without a clear plan on how to replace these things. It doesnt fix his ridiculous claims of 5.3% growth under his tax plan which is pure on fantasy, his lackluster and damn near non existant downticket support so he can enact the things he is promising, his inability to point to a single corrupt decision Hillary made while in office despite claiming her corruption at any point he can, his desire to 'break up the banks' while not even having a remote skeleton of an idea about how it would be actually accomplished, the nonsensical "Southern Votes dont matter" insinuations and the tea party-esque desperation grab for headlines with the "Transcripts of Speeches that may or may not contain *DUN DUN DUNNNNNNN* stuff....."

Just awful all around. His gun stances I disagree with a bit too, but I can shrug that off. The rest however bother the hell out of me; As does his campaigns lack of ability to keep their base from doing dumb stuff like protesting down ticket democrat fundraising that will help Liberals win the seats needed to get money out of politics. Absolutely assbackwards.

The hypocrisy on his side with the superdelegate whining is just the icing on the cake. I'm done with him. Bring on the 19th and the 26th for christs sake.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Bernie gets props for calling Israel on their shit. I like him on that. On the other hand, he can say that because he is an independent senator from Vermont who will not be running in a GE. Still. Props.

Crayons

Banned
And when I correct people they say I am wrong because could not care less makes no sense. Most people say it like that now.

most people are idiots then

"Could care less" = I could, in fact, care less than I currently do now. I have some care.
"Couldn't care less" = I couldn't care less if I tried. My care level is currently at zero.

royalan

Its her weakest area literally and the only area I really like Bernie in. American liberals are full of SHIT on Israel, Hillary and Obama included. They are so full of shit that its just... awful. I love that Bernie has the balls to call a spade a spade on that one.

Unfortunately it's not nearly enough to overcome his complete nonsensical answers on energy and how we should straight up abandon nuclear without a clear plan on how to replace these things. It doesnt fix his ridiculous claims of 5.3% growth under his tax plan which is pure on fantasy, his lackluster and damn near non existant downticket support so he can enact the things he is promising, his inability to point to a single corrupt decision Hillary made while in office despite claiming her corruption at any point he can, his desire to 'break up the banks' while not even having a remote skeleton of an idea about how it would be actually accomplished, the nonsensical "Southern Votes dont matter" insinuations and the tea party-esque desperation grab for headlines with the "Transcripts of Speeches that may or may not contain *DUN DUN DUNNNNNNN* stuff....."

Just awful all around. His gun stances I disagree with a bit too, but I can shrug that off. The rest however bother the hell out of me; As does his campaigns lack of ability to keep their base from doing dumb stuff like protesting down ticket democrat fundraising that will help Liberals win the seats needed to get money out of politics. Absolutely assbackwards.

The hypocrisy on his side with the superdelegate whining is just the icing on the cake. I'm done with him. Bring on the 19th and the 26th for christs sake.

Agree with all of this. His demonizing on wealthy people wanting to give money to good causes (which, why I am I surprised? The man is against charity in general) has become more offensive to me than anything that he and his campaign have said about Hillary at this point. You can't build a revolution around one man. And if a wealthy person wants to give more than the average person may be able to, that does not make them scum. Point blank, fucking period.

Going forward from this year, if there is one change I can see both parties making, it's making it a lot more difficult for candidates to run for the nomination on their platform. T

Mael

If we are choosing our candidates based on who shit on Israel the most be ready to embrace your new president Trump.
He's not just shitting on Israel in some interview, he did that in a room with affluent jewish people.
Heck if you want someone to "tell it like it is" he's your guy.
Sanders wasn't even able to support putting Israel on trial for its atrocities when directly asked.

most people are idiots then

"Could care less" = I could, in fact, care less than I currently do now. I have some care.
"Couldn't care less" = I couldn't care less if I tried. My care level is currently at zero.

That's what I tell them but I just get a blank stare like they don't understand and say I am wrong.

Y2Kev

You guys are really not creative enough with this stuff.

Could care less could be taken sarcastically.

Bernie's newest fundraising email is going to set Macho off!

edit: oh

In terms of "I could care less," for all intensive purposes there isn't much difference among the two, irregardless.

I just threw up a little bit in my mouth. I had a lot to drink today. I need to drink some more to soak up the alcohol. That's how it works, right?

Also, that email Bernie sent out, he immediately says he doesn't have to win NY. Like....okay.....gurl...come on.

You guys are really not creative enough with this stuff.

Could care less could be taken sarcastically.

Bernie's newest fundraising email is going to set Macho off!

edit: oh
If there's one thing that you've learned about me, it's that I'm pedantic about the dumbest shit.

I think Bernie will drop out before May. The longer he stays in, despite clearly losing, the more his message will be hurt.

I'm already noticing people around me who used to not mind him, if not actually support him, turn around now and find that he's overstaying his welcome, because the math isn't there.

I think Bernie will drop out before May. The longer he stays in, despite clearly losing, the more his message will be hurt.

I'm already noticing people around me who used to not mind him, if not actually support him, turn around now and find that he's overstaying his welcome, because the math isn't there.
Don't get your hopes up. Things looked pretty grim and dead after March 15th for a couple days.

But half the country hasn't voted yet! Stop trying to silence the voice of the people with your math and Superdelegates.
/s

kess

1. Cruz steals convention on second ballot
2. Trump supporters riot
3. Kasich calls out the Ohio national Guard and installs himself in a audacious coup
4. President Wow Jeezohman

royalan

I doubt it. I think he's going to take it all the way to the convention. Because at this point he's clearly only listening to Weaver and his bubble, and that bubble only grows louder as he loses.

If he cared about his message, he'd have dropped out after March 15, after Hillary swept and pulled ahead a crazy 330 delegates.

If Hillary wins New York and sweeps (or only loses one state) on the 26th, the media isn't going to be interested in Bernie anymore. The race will be settled, but he's free to keep hitting up Reddit for $27 as long as people want to give it to him. I'm guessing the DNC will push him behind the scenes to drop out.

He cannot allow her delegate lead to grow even once from here on out.

If Hillary wins New York and sweeps (or only loses one state) on the 26th, the media isn't going to be interested in Bernie anymore. The race will be settled, but he's free to keep hitting up Reddit for $27 as long as people want to give it to him. I'm guessing the DNC will push him behind the scenes to drop out.

He cannot allow her delegate lead to grow even once from here on out.
All he needs is another win and then the media will be interested in a horse race again. That's how it works.

The narrative might shift to "California though" even if it has to because the media looooves that shit. If there's anything we learned about the 2 weeks between New Hampshire and South Carolina, it's that the media loves CLINTON CHAOS stories.

Hazmat

Don't get your hopes up. Things looked pretty grim and dead after March 15th for a couple days.

Yeah, I really just can't picture Sanders dropping out until all the votes are cast. I imagine he'll do a similar thing that Clinton did in 2008 where he'll give a standalone concession speech a few days after the last primary.

Y2Kev

All he needs is another win and then the media will be interested in a horse race again. That's how it works.

The narrative might shift to "California though" even if it has to because the media looooves that shit. If there's anything we learned about the 2 weeks between New Hampshire and South Carolina, it's that the media loves CLINTON CHAOS stories.

I mean what else is MSNBC bottom feeder Kasey Hunt going to report on?

royalan

I agree. All bets were off after March 15th. If the media wanted to be honest about his chances, and if Bernie really wanted to save face, that's when he would have dropped out, and that's when the media would have slowed their coverage of him.

The media has an interest in keeping him in the news, because "AMERICA IS ANGRY!" is a winning headline.

I mean what else is MSNBC bottom feeder Kasey Hunt going to report on?
I feel bad for Casey. I feel like Rachel calls her up and goes "Hey we need you in Washington because DC MADAM" and she just goes where she's told.

That said I don't recall if she's ever reported anything of interest.

She's covering the sanders campaign :covermouth
chuckling-gesture-smiley-emoticon.gif

I mean all he has to do is say we don't know if Clinton will be indicted as he will have stooped as low as Clinton 2008. If anything I wouldn't be surprised if started harping on the emails after the 26

Yeah, I really just can't picture Sanders dropping out until all the votes are cast. I imagine he'll do a similar thing that Clinton did in 2008 where he'll give a standalone concession speech a few days after the last primary.
What if he pulls a Buchannan and goes off-script? That's my biggest worry. It will poison the well enormously.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom