• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT4| Tyler New Chief Exit Pollster at CNN

Status
Not open for further replies.

kess

I think things are going to fold up fairly quickly for Bernie if he loses New York by more than 10 points, and there will be less "Bernie is right, sez Clooney" articles from outfits like Yahoo, et al if he really gets walloped in the next round of primaries.

pigeon

Banned
Yeah, the media did switch off of Bernie to some degree after the 15th. This is when they started just cutting away from his speeches, which I remember exciting a lot of anger in OT threads.

HylianTom

Banned
I think Bernie will drop out before May. The longer he stays in, despite clearly losing, the more his message will be hurt.

I'm already noticing people around me who used to not mind him, if not actually support him, turn around now and find that he's overstaying his welcome, because the math isn't there.
My respect for him greatly diminished after a certain point. I really wouldn't have minded had he stuck around even after it's clear that the math isn't there. But he stuck around - and this is key: he fed the attack machine against the winner, eroding her prospects of uniting the party for the general. Had he stuck to issues instead of dishing-out cowardly, unsubstantiated innuendo attacks while allowing his asshat surrogates to run their politically/mathematically illiterate mouths, my opinion would've remained much better.

But at this point? He's doing the GOP's dirty work. And that's something I can't abide. When he drops, I'm going to do a jig normally reserved for defeated Republicans.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
My respect for him greatly diminished after a certain point. I really wouldn't have minded had he stuck around even after it's clear that the math isn't there. But he stuck around - and this is key: he fed the attack machine against the winner, eroding her prospects of uniting the party for the general. Had he stuck to issues instead of dishing-out cowardly, unsubstantiated innuendo attacks while allowing his asshat surrogates to run their politically/mathematically illiterate mouths, my opinion would've remained much better.

But at this point? He's doing the GOP's dirty work. And that's something I can't abide. When he drops, I'm going to do a jig normally reserved for defeated Republicans.

He is never going to drop out. The guy isn't a democrat, has shown zero interest in supporting the party downticket and will literally take this to convention unless Hillary has an actual majority. There are zero political repercussions from him not going nuclear on a party hes not even a part of and he'll keep the campaign going as long as the money keeps on flowing - and it will.

All respect I had for him has gone out the window over the last month or so.

ivysaur12

Banned
He's not dropping out.

But he shouldn't stay in after the 26th. Oh well. No one will care about the Dem race after that except for VP tumors.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
chuckling-gesture-smiley-emoticon.gif

Thank you!

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
He's not dropping out.

But he shouldn't stay in after the 26th. Oh well. No one will care about the Dem race after that except for VP tumors.

Oh dear, do you know something we don't?

I agree. Had he not stooped that low I'd be okay with him still in it. Also, the day that he drops out I'll be so drunk you won't find a drop of alcohol within a ten mile radius of my home.

How many articles will say Hillary lost because she didn't beat Sanders by the same margins he beat her in VT?

pfft, I'm already seeing that. "If Hillary is such a strong candidate, how come she isn't winning by more in NY"

Ignoring that New York is a huge state of several areas that couldn't be more different and getting 70% of them to agree on something is a fool's errand.

kess

YouGov/HuffPost Poll: "Generally speaking, how much trust do you have that what scientists say is accurate and reliable?"

Cf9Xh8wUUAAwwM2.jpg

‏@tedcruz
Dems kill jobs, ignore facts. CO2 is what every human breathes out; every plant, in turn,consumes CO2. #ScienceFacts

Slayven

pfft, I'm already seeing that. "If Hillary is such a strong candidate, how come she isn't winning by more in NY"

Ignoring that New York is a huge state of several areas that couldn't be more different and getting 70% of them to agree on something is a fool's errand.

That and Hillary already blew his back out in several states. But they were southern states and only count like 3/5th as much

i hit the enter when i was trying to type the something about him dropping out.

he wont do it. he'll still be running next week, next mont and next year. $27 at a time

Effect

I wonder if he doesn't drop out if the DNC just straight up cuts him off in regards to whatever they're sending his way just by being a person running for the nominiee? They just stop mentioning his name, etc. Especailly if he keeps helping the republicans. He's already suing so what would they lose?

OuterLimits

I still think Trump wins on first ballot. His polling is going up in many states coming up. Plus aren't there like almost 200 uncommitted delegates? Even if he gets 1200, his team could bribe or bully 37 of them I would think. Even with Cruz snatching many of them now, they could always flip again later.

smurfx

get some go again
If Hillary wins New York and sweeps (or only loses one state) on the 26th, the media isn't going to be interested in Bernie anymore. The race will be settled, but he's free to keep hitting up Reddit for $27 as long as people want to give it to him. I'm guessing the DNC will push him behind the scenes to drop out.

He cannot allow her delegate lead to grow even once from here on out.
what if they instead focus on disgruntled bernie voters and encourage them to to create campaigns against voting for hillary?

Makai

I still think Trump wins on first ballot. His polling is going up in many states coming up. Plus aren't there like almost 200 uncommitted delegates? Even if he gets 1200, his team could bribe or bully 37 of them I would think. Even with Cruz snatching many of them now, they could always flip again later.
You don't think they'll try to fuck him over with the rule votes? They're not bound to him on rule votes.

I could see Sanders riding it out. Based on his recent comment about not needing to win NY and California it seems like his campaign is fueled off pure delusion at this point. "Sanders is right, therefore Sanders will be the nominee" is basically the reasoning right now. In the past I've dismissed Weaver and Sanders' comments as pure politics; remember when Ben Carson said he'd stay in the race until the convention? But now based on the language used and money being raised, I could see him staying in out of pure bitterness and absolutism.

Crayons

Banned
New York is my last hope for Sanders and that's why I've been volunteering, that way in the event that he loses I'll at least be able to say ok i tried

What is this thread but a giant bubble for Hillary supporters?

It is to an extent but linking to the likes of Seth Abhfbhf or whatever and HA Goodman as if they should be taken seriously is not something we do

I spotted at least 2 things that Seth is blatantly misleading on right off the bat in that article and that was just a quick skim.

shem935

Banned
New York is my last hope for Sanders and that's why I've been volunteering, that way in the event that he loses I'll at least be able to say ok i tried

That's good. No shame in being involved in the process. I wish I would be/could be more involved. :/

This thread is pretty pro Hilary, but from what I can tell it is made up of a lot of former pro Obama people as well, so it's not like there were some baked in Hilary bias to begin with. This thread was also pretty ok with Sanders for a while before this last month

Nothing wrong with that.

i might not support the same person butI'm glad you're involved and doing the shitty work that actually gets people elelected. :)

What is this thread but a giant bubble for Hillary supporters?

And gay. we're all gay. some of us are drunk to.

This thread is pretty pro Hilary, but from what I can tell it is made up of a lot of former pro Obama people as well, so it's not like there were some baked in Hilary bias to begin with. This thread was also pretty ok with Sanders for a while before this last month

I'm a big Obama guy, worked for his campaigns in 08 and 12. I find it cute that I've been called a Hillarystan considering some of the shit I said in 08

Kangi

Benchmark dismisses the Gravis poll.

Benchmark Politics ‏@benchmarkpol 2h2 hours ago
Normally we don't criticize but apparently everyone on the Sanders list got an email touting 6 point contest... Polling done by Gravis!

The Gravis poll is from 2 weeks ago. Reeks of releasing a favorable result just to drum up media attention for themselves.

Gravis: FCC violations, off by double digits, bad methodology, accused of fabrication, releases only results that get media attention

I'm a sober gay. I don't drink.

That means there's two of us, already! Maybe we can hit five!

Crayons

Banned
Going forward, it might be best to start getting involved downticket.
my legs could use the workout. I may do that in the future

A safe space for drunk gays and straights who enjoy watching drunk gays.
too accurate

i might not support the same person butI'm glad you're involved and doing the shitty work that actually gets people elelected. :)

And gay. we're all gay. some of us are drunk to.
thanks adam
i will be soon

today when I was volunteering I came across lots of hot, young guys and i'm just like okay how do i continue talking without looking like I want my head in their pants

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom