• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT4| Tyler New Chief Exit Pollster at CNN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valhelm

contribute something
Bernie's reminds me of The Giver.

Nah, far too free and colorful. It's Star Trek Earth

ixVWjDG.jpg

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
The best possible result.

No kidding.

Though it's really funny that Cruz looking barely strong enough to justify stealing a contested convention is the worst case scenario for democrats now. Less than a year ago, Cruz winning the nomination outright seemed like the best case scenario.

Paskil

I am so fucking mad right now. I don't donate to primary candidates. I just called out my brother though on his Bernie bullshit and how he wouldn't vote Hillary in the GE, even if Bernie said to do so. I was so pissed and it was so ridiculous, I donated $1000 to Hillary just to make a point. Fuck.

Holmes

No kidding.

Though it's really funny that Cruz looking barely strong enough to justify stealing a contested convention is the worst case scenario for democrats now. Less than a year ago, Cruz winning the nomination outright seemed like the best case scenario.
Just goes to show how weak Cruz and Trump are.

Hillary should send Bill to the Virgin Islands and Puerto Rico in June to secure those Caucus delegates. Can net from 50 to 60 delegates over there

I'll get on it after the final numbers are in, but it looks like Sanders' millions only swung the state 1% away from Clinton this year compared to 2008.
Note that 2008 had Biden, Edwards, Kucinich and Richardson sponging up ~40,000 votes. Hillary's vote share increased (57.9% to 57.4%).

She came a little over 30,000 votes short of her raw vote total in 2008 as well. Bernie a little under 2,000 votes over Obama's raw vote total.

Piecake

Are there other comments? While I don't like the use of the word "barbaric", I think her criticism is pretty reasonable. Islam shouldn't be any more immune from commentary than Christianity.

Does the United States Government criticize Christianity, Buddhism, Judaism, or Hinduism? I don't think it does, so why should we criticize Islam?

People will find in religion what they want to find. What is important, then, is the pre-existing temperament, circumstances and values of the person. Its confirmation bias all over again.

Kerry is most certainly right that giving people a house to live in and better opportunity can change that because changed circumstances can change temperament, circumstances and values.

The United States criticizing Islam certainly is not going to help things because it is just going to put people on the defensive, put Muslims in the United States on the defense, to the point where they feel targeted. That is about the last thing you want to do.

dramatis

I worked the polls yesterday for 17 hours, so Kristoffer you can scoot off.

That said, yes, Ben Carson was still on the Republican ballot.

It was actually a fairly tame day considering all the crazy allegations apparently flying around the internet. One of the poll workers at another table was nonstop reporting to us how there was a lot of fraud and thousands of affidavit ballot because people were not found on the voter lists or had their registration changed. This guy also happened to like gumming up the voter line by talking at length to the voter he was currently servicing about how fraudulent the system is, not to mention how he himself forgot to check people's party registration in the registration list several times and handed some Republican voters a Dem ballot instead of a Rep one.

Which is to say that a lot of shit probably happened around the polls in NY because of human error more than anything else. Not only on part of the poll workers (who are volunteers with limited training and just as limited practice), but also in the voters themselves. We had this older lady making a fuss about how she was registered Dem when she wanted to vote in the Republican primary, how she switched to Dem to vote for Cuomo (governor) a while back and now she wanted to switch to Republican on the spot. Apparently after she left the voting site she called the police and then started harassing the school (polling site was at a school) custodians about how we were denying her the right to vote Republican. Eventually she pushed her way up to the principal's office.

Another older gentleman came in and got processed but proceeded to stop, gum up the line, and start lecturing poll workers about how he thought we should have voter ID laws in NY.

By the way, there is always that one guy that comes in right before closing. We were prepping for closing at 9PM and this guy walked in at 8:58.

I'm done blogging. Hope things go well next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom