• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT8| No, Donald. You don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do people find random tweets. I tweeted about Trump and pence endorsing torture tonight and now my phone won't shut up and I'm getting right wing anti Hillary stuff.

Never twitter

Is Obama eligible or qualified to be a Supreme Court Justice? I would love to see the reaction republicans would have if Hillary chose him.

Goodstyle

Michael Brown's mother is one of Hillary's speakers at the DNC convention? At this point I kinda feel like...

SH3dJ8Y.gif

It's only going to alienate more white voters into Trump's camp.

Is Obama eligible or qualified to be a Supreme Court Justice? I would love to see the reaction republicans would have if Hillary chose him.
He's eligable but I don't want it to happen. Would be too divisive and I don't want him to have to become a political. We're gonna need him to stump for the dems post presidency for as long as he can. He can't do that on the court.

Also this interview holy fucking shit

mo60

Michael Brown's mother is one of Hillary's speakers at the DNC convention? At this point I kinda feel like...

SH3dJ8Y.gif

Dude's going to do worse with white voters than romney by a few percentage points. I don't think hilary is worried.

Obama never seemed like he would even want that kind of position. I think he'd probably be great at it but he doesn't seem the type to want that role

Edit: Sorry but fuck placating the white voter who would be turned off by a mom speaking about her son being killed and ignoring the minorities that brought Clinton to this position.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009

SH3dJ8Y.gif

Hillary has been campaigning with the Mothers of the Movement for a year. People keep expecting her to PIVOT TO THE CENTER and rip off her mask to reveal she's Callista the Owl Gingrich but Hillary is not lying.

mo60

How do people find random tweets. I tweeted about Trump and pence endorsing torture tonight and now my phone won't shut up and I'm getting right wing anti Hillary stuff.

Never twitter

I camp out around rick wilson's profile daily and sometimes he retweets stuff about trump daily.

Edit: Misread this post I quoted.

Goodstyle

Hillary has been campaigning with the Mothers of the Movement for a year. People keep expecting her to PIVOT TO THE CENTER and rip off her mask to reveal she's Callista the Owl Gingrich but Hillary is not lying.

I'm just worried. People I know are saying stuff like "Democrats aren't standing with cops", and they aren't even Republican. It's probably not enough to get them to vote for Trump, but it's not a good look.

No one in this country seems to understand nuance. Apparently, you can't point out systemic racial issues with the police AND not want cops to be gunned down. We have to pick sides now apparently.

She has made the Mothers of the Movement a central component of her campaign. She's listened. She's learned from them. To deny them a voice at the convention because some white people may not like their privileged checked is gross.

itschris

Gov. Pence what do you think about thing?

Pence looks lovingly at Trump.

Trump: Go ahead and answer.
Pence: Well uh...
Trump: See we see eye to eye on a lot of things.

Haha. Seriously, it's such a disaster of an interview. Trump doesn't seem comfortable with Pence at all - no wonder he was having second thoughts the night before the announcement.

Hillary can't afford to alienate any more people.

Yes, fine. But she's not going to shit on a group of woman who have been extremely important to her outreach of the African American community. I mean, this is something we were all championing and glad about a few months ago. We're not throwing them under the bus because some white people can't simultaneously understand that Black Lives Matter and violence against police isn't okay.

That is not the kind of person she is, nor is it the type of campaign she has run.

She's not alienating anybody but racists who don't care about black lives

They're not voting for her

And saying someone should through people under the bus for her gain when they've "served their purpose" is gross

I'm just worried. People I know are saying stuff like "Democrats aren't standing with cops", and they aren't even Republican. It's probably not enough to get them to vote for Trump, but it's not a good look.

No one in this country seems to understand nuance. Apparently, you can't point out systemic racial issues with the police AND not want cops to be gunned down. We have to pick sides now apparently.
I feel like all Democrats need to do is point out the many pleas police have had for gun reform in the US and the fact that their unconditional supporters have ignored those calls.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Yes, fine. But she's not going to shit on a group of woman who have been extremely important to her outreach of the African American community. I mean, this is something we were all championing and glad about a few months ago. We're not throwing them under the bus because some white people can't simultaneously understand that Black Lives Matter and violence against police isn't okay.

That is not the kind of person she is, nor is it the type of campaign she has run.

She's not alienating anybody but racists who don't care about black lives

They're not voting for her

And saying someone should through people under the bus for her gain when they've "served their purpose" is gross

Who's saying Hillary should discard them after they've done they're part? That's way different than given them a speaking role at the DNC.

Hillary's coalition includes African-American Women, most notably mothers

an important block of the the Democratic Party

so, a few white people will get offended, whatever. They weren't voting Democratic anyway

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
What I'm saying is, if they got someone like Eric Garner's daughter, at least that would be a bit more tolerable to these people. Garner is at least portrayed in the media as a gentle giant, as opposed to Brown, who is a criminal that tried to kill a cop.

Holy shit, this is even better in video form.

Trump is such a turd. Flatout saying that Pence can make a mistake on voting for Iraq but not Hillary.

The double standard in this election is so blatant that Trump can acknowledge it and you'll still hear untold amounts of "but Hillary" nonsense.

"I was having my doubts about Hillary, you know? I'm on board with the universal healthcare and reduced price college or whatever, but I felt uneasy about her hugging all those Mexicans. Well, she put Michael Brown's mother up on stage and that was really when I decided Donald J. Trump probably was a better fit for me. I guess.

Oh, Jerry Springer's on."

Who's saying Hillary should discard them after they've done they're part? That's way different than given them a speaking role at the DNC.

Because their voice deserves to be heard, and this is a platform that they are entitled to after all they did to help her secure the nomination? It puts a face on the battle we're trying to wage against gun violence? It's the right thing to do, in my opinion.

Their part is fighting this fight, not just using them to help her win and then being like bye girl.

Teggy

How is the press still letting Trump get away with this "against the war from the beginning" bullshit. It's a lie - his voice was freaking recorded saying he supported it.

How is the press still letting Trump get away with this "against the war from the beginning" bullshit. It's a lie - his voice was freaking recorded saying he supported it.

Don't let the facts get in the way of Trump's stances. /s

Who are these hypothetical white voters who don't currently support Trump but will be tipped into doing so by seeing Michael Brown's mom at the DNC?

Not to mention the split among White voters was 60/40 in favor of Romney in 2012, but Romney was a likable--and electable--candidate. Trump is neither of those things. I wouldn't be surprised if someone like Gary Johnson gets more votes than expected because Trump is such a shit candidate, but to think people who would vote for Hillary are going to jump ship over something like that... is kind of silly.

Not saying Oblivion feels this way, but if someone were upset about Michael Brown's mother speaking at the convention, it just sounds like, "Can we please make the convention less black? It's too black."

Emarv

This interview is AWESOME.

"You're religious?"
"Yes. Very religious."
"Really?"
"I won the evangelicals!"

*blows brains out*

Goodstyle

"I was having my doubts about Hillary, you know? I'm on board with the universal healthcare and reduced price college or whatever, but I felt uneasy about her hugging all those Mexicans. Well, she put Michael Brown's mother up on stage and that was really when I decided Donald J. Trump probably was a better fit for me. I guess.

Oh, Jerry Springer's on."

It's not that simplistic. Imagine if Trump brings some cops and families of victims on stage for his convention. Now imagine Hillary bringing in the mother of a guy who straight up tried to kill a cop, discussing how unfair the police have been. It isn't good optics, the white conservatives who don't like Trump because of his personality and weren't going to vote for him would see this sort of thing as a huge plus.

I don't just want Hillary to get votes, I also need conservatives who don't like Trump to stay home. I'm not saying Hillary should make some grand pivot to the centre, but I want her to be a little more savvy with her campaigning. I actually like the fact that she's pragmatic and plays the game of politics, because the greater good, her as President, is all that matters in the end really.

Then again, I could be wrong. Hillary has a team of the best campaigners in the world, perhaps having Mrs. Brown speak at the convention is a good idea in the long run, I just don't feel like it is right now.

If Hillary becomes President, black voters overwhelmingly supporting her will be one of the largest, if not the largest deciding factor in making it happen.

It would be complete bullshit of Hillary, after how much faith the black community has put into her to turn around and sweep their issues under the rug out of fear of scaring away people who find hearing about their issues and perspectives inconvenient.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom