• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT8| No, Donald. You don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
How drunk are you guys getting this week? (Mostly directed at Adam)

giphy.gif

But the correct answer is shit faced. I cleared my whole schedule for this week. Got all my shit did over the weekend. I don't intend to be totally sober until Friday.

The only thing Trump has going for him in NJ is that picking Christie likely would have been a drag on his chances.

Then again NJ voters might have voted for him as Trump's VP to get him the hell out of there.

If I were a Republican running against Trump in the primaries, I would have countered his wall idea by instead proposing we dig a moat. Then I would spend the rest of the time talking about how stupid walls are because you can't fill a wall with hungry alligators.

If I were a Republican running against Trump in the primaries, I would have countered his wall idea by instead proposing we dig a moat. Then I would spend the rest of the time talking about how stupid walls are because you can't fill a wall with hungry alligators.
Will surely win over Florida voters.

Would be easier convincing Mexico to pay for a moat since a moat has to be cheaper than a 50' wall.

HylianTom

Banned
So Thursday we get off script or on script Trump?
This is a huge question mark in my head. Either choice is a different flavor of shittiness.. he either rambles and give an non-scripted "it's got electrolytes!" speech, or he narrates a standard boring scripted puff piece. I'm not particularly impressed with his speechwriters' ability to craft a message that is effective for his style and for the demographics he needs to convince, and a scripted delivery is going to be graded on a curve against his more energetic/frenetic performances.

871D5F82-8008-4B33-94BC-ECBCFD9600DC.gif

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I'm relatively certain that Trump will end the convention lower in polls. That 60 minutes interview is just...

Nah. Sadly, American voters don't care. It's really, really disappointing.

Emarv

How drunk are you guys getting this week? (Mostly directed at Adam)

I'm drunk right now, hanging out with my wife's high school friend who, her and her husband, are hardcore conservatives watching GOP Convention commercials. Luckily they hate Trump, but all I'm hearing about is how great Ben Carson is.

Kill me now.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
So I finished the thread and it's filled with GIF and fun stuff along with all the relevant information, but I am very nervous that I'll be in trouble. I threw in the 60 Minutes interview for good measure, also because it's funny, but I'm just very nervous since I didn't go with Gangs of New York.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Tweets 17-19 are absolute fire. Wow.
Any time I start to feel bad for Republicans like this, I then remember that people like him sat back and fostered the rhetoric and behavior that led to Trump. This is the bed you made, people.

ampere

I'm drunk right now, hanging out with my wife's high school friend who, her and her husband, are hardcore conservatives watching GOP Convention commercials. Luckily they hate Trump, but all I'm hearing about is how great Ben Carson is.

Kill me now.

Huelen?

Or does Ben Carson have other fans!? What a world

Emarv

Huelen?

Or does Ben Carson have other fans!? What a world

Good news is they live in Colorado and are voting for Johnson. So there's two votes in a swing state moving away from Trump.

I'm gonna email 538 to add this new data in right away!

Wilsongt

H. A. Goodman ‏@HAGOODMANAUTHOR 5h5 hours ago

Dear Hillary Supporter, spare us the guilt and scare tactics. BILL CLINTON GOES GOLFING WITH TRUMP. BILL AND HILLARY WENT TO TRUMP'S WEDDING

You see... This is where I sort of draw the line a little bit on GOP demonizing. While they all can have absolutely horrible views, playing golf, going to a wedding, or being friends shouldn't automatically be considered not possible.

Rewatching this interview, it is clear that Trump holds the whole idea that he needs a VP in contempt. it makes him incredibly anxious to have someone else representing him.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Rewatching this interview, it is clear that Trump holds the whole idea that he needs a VP in contempt. it makes hm incredible anxious to have someone else representing him.

You know full well that he'd pick Trump jr if that was an option. The only reason he didn't is that he couldn't.

Good news is they live in Colorado and are voting for Johnson. So there's two votes in a swing state moving away from Trump.

I'm gonna email 538 to add this new data in right away!

My whole family is like this in Mississippi. They were all uber religious Cruz voters, so this is a year where my vote will actually be Dem +1 instead of GOP +(40-1).

Hillary's people are tweeting about taylor

@neeratanden
There's only so much bad karma the universe will allow, then it responds. #CalvinHarrissmiling

Teggy

Rubio's convention "speech" is a prerecorded video.

Hillary needs to get her own Hannity. The guy is basically just campaigning for Trump.

Bowdz

I don't understand this tweet. What does taylor swift have to do with what's happening?

She just got lit up by Kim K.

Also, I LOVE the fact that Ron Jonson kept saying he'd skip the convention, but will now show up just like Little Marco's video address. It's still easy to tie them to Trump.

Reince had to convince Trump that murder is bad.

CLEVELAND — Donald J. Trump was told, no, it was not sensible to have Don King, the flamboyant boxing promoter, address the Republican convention. But Mr. Trump, who has repeatedly boasted of having Mr. King’s support, kept pressing the matter.

Finally, officials including Reince Priebus, the Republican national chairman, firmly explained to Mr. Trump why Mr. King should not be invited: He once stomped a man to death and was convicted of manslaughter. The party could not associate itself with someone convicted of a felony.

Mr. Trump eventually relented. Mr. King, a Cleveland native, will not take the stage.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/18/us/politics/republican-convention-speakers.html?ref=politics&_r=1

H. A. Goodman ‏@HAGOODMANAUTHOR 5h5 hours ago

Dear Hillary Supporter, spare us the guilt and scare tactics. BILL CLINTON GOES GOLFING WITH TRUMP. BILL AND HILLARY WENT TO TRUMP'S WEDDING

You see... This is where I sort of draw the line a little bit on GOP demonizing. While they all can have absolutely horrible views, playing golf, going to a wedding, or being friends shouldn't automatically be considered not possible.
When you consider the mentality of the average BernieBuster, is it really that surprising? Clinton is corrupt because she's not Sanders, and all her supporters are sheep or just as corrupt.

shem935

Banned
read more twitter

She just got lit up by Kim K.

Also, I LOVE the fact that Ron Jonson kept saying he'd skip the convention, but will now show up just like Little Marco's video address. It's still easy to tie them to Trump.

I'm trying really hard to understand what's going on but I just don't lol. I feel old but I might be the youngest in thread.

Ah just saw the thread on it. Well I think that explains it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom