• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT2| Well, maybe McMaster isn't a traitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Representative from South Dakota (Kristi Noem apparently) sucks at math. Literally just said "People are paying 10,000 , 15,000 , 20,000 more per year for Healthcare" and then 2 sentences later says they can't hit even hit their $6500 deductibles. I don't think you understand how Deductibles work...

EDIT: OH MY GOD WHO IS THIS ADORABLE MAN WITH A BOWTIE AND BICYCLE PIN!@$?

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
Comey is at the White house for one of two reasons:

a.) Brought in by Trump as Donny attempts to stop the investigation/charm him
b.) Comey is putting the fear of God into Trump

I hope the latter. At his core, Trump is a coward. He's not ready for this kind of pressure.

c) Jealous that he missed the trucks yesterday and wanted a Truck ride.

Hindl

All anybody will hear about in the next month or two is how Ryan failed. Even liberal journalists/commentators are on Twitter right now saying this wasn't Trump's fault--it was the republicans'. Trump and the GOP have tax reform and immigration to get to next, which they all pretty much agree on. Those will be viewed as victories, the democrats will get any blame for healthcare because they implemented ACA, and the dance will continue.

The Tax reform bill needs the AHCA to pass though. So that'll be another disaster

All anybody will hear about in the next month or two is how Ryan failed. Even liberal journalists/commentators are on Twitter right now saying this wasn't Trump's fault--it was the republicans'. Trump and the GOP have tax reform and immigration to get to next, which they all pretty much agree on. Those will be viewed as victories, the democrats will get any blame for healthcare because they implemented ACA, and the dance will continue.

If you honestly think this past election and current insanely polarized climate was similar to elections in the recent past, you're out of your mind. Stay as far away from the DNC as you can, please. I'd like them to not fall back into the same rut they always do by thinking things will magically revert to the status quo.
I bet you'll be able to see an obvious drop in Trump's approval following the failure of health care reform. His threats will look hollow, his ability to negotiate worthless, and he'll compound it all by going on vacation.

I had to look it up because I was too amused. It looks like one of the gubernatorial Republican candidates, Corey Stewart, did an AMA on reddit where he called Gillespie a cuckservative. It looks like he also said "we have to defeat the globalists" and called McAuliffe a cuck too, while bragging about his deportation record. Lovely guy.

I LOVE THIS SO MUCH

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
The Tax reform bill needs the AHCA to pass though. So that'll be another disaster

Without reconciliation, yes. I'm interested to see what they come up with to get around that.

I bet you'll be able to see an obvious drop in Trump's approval following the failure of health care reform. His threats will look hollow, his ability to negotiate worthless, and he'll compound it all by going on vacation.

I hope so, but I don't see it. Guess the next few months will tell the story.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
So he and manafort have their story straightened out and are sticking to it. that's a gamble because it requires an assumption of what info the FBI already has (maybe Nunes told them lol)

Yeah I think what Trump got told fucked everything up and that is why they are coming out.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Comey is at the White house for one of two reasons:

a.) Brought in by Trump as Donny attempts to stop the investigation/charm him
b.) Comey is putting the fear of God into Trump

I hope the latter. At his core, Trump is a coward. He's not ready for this kind of pressure.

Much more likely this has to do with Nunes.

For all Trump's bravado about winning and fixing capitol hill and all that other shit, it turns out (as we all knew) he is just a pathetic loser.

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/845331317118111745

Spicer: Trump "used every minute of every day" to get this done.

Trump pretended to drive a truck y'day as the delayed vote was announced.

The news headlines should call out Trump for being a pathetic failure; all talk and no walk.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
Ex-CIA Director: Mike Flynn and Turkish Officials Discussed Removal of Erdogan Foe From U.S.

Retired Army Lt. Gen. Mike Flynn, while serving as an adviser to the Trump campaign, met with top Turkish government ministers and discussed removing a Muslim cleric from the U.S. and taking him to Turkey, according to former Central Intelligence Agency Director James Woolsey, who attended, and others who were briefed on the meeting.

The discussion late last summer involved ideas about how to get Fethullah Gulen, a cleric whom Turkey has accused of orchestrating last summer’s failed military coup, to Turkey without going through the U.S. extradition legal process, according to Mr. Woolsey and those who were briefed.

Mr. Woolsey told The Wall Street Journal he arrived at the meeting in New York on Sept. 19 in the middle of the discussion and found the topic startling and the actions being discussed possibly illegal.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/ex-cia...ed-removal-of-erdogan-foe-from-u-s-1490380426

My conservative room mate was just arguing with me about the ACA/AHCA. He said privatized healthcare is superior, it's just costing too much because people use the ER as their doctor and don't pay which drives up the cost for everyone. Which I'm pretty sure is a fantastic argument for why UHC is better lol.

Ex-CIA Director: Mike Flynn and Turkish Officials Discussed Removal of Erdogan Foe From U.S.

Retired Army Lt. Gen. Mike Flynn, while serving as an adviser to the Trump campaign, met with top Turkish government ministers and discussed removing a Muslim cleric from the U.S. and taking him to Turkey, according to former Central Intelligence Agency Director James Woolsey, who attended, and others who were briefed on the meeting.

The discussion late last summer involved ideas about how to get Fethullah Gulen, a cleric whom Turkey has accused of orchestrating last summer's failed military coup, to Turkey without going through the U.S. extradition legal process, according to Mr. Woolsey and those who were briefed.

Mr. Woolsey told The Wall Street Journal he arrived at the meeting in New York on Sept. 19 in the middle of the discussion and found the topic startling and the actions being discussed possibly illegal.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/ex-cia...ed-removal-of-erdogan-foe-from-u-s-1490380426

Flynn's gonna squeal. I can feel it. They probably have him dead to rights on something unrelated like this and will use it as leverage to get him to cut a deal.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

The discussion late last summer involved ideas about how to get Fethullah Gulen, a cleric whom Turkey has accused of orchestrating last summer’s failed military coup, to Turkey without going through the U.S. extradition legal process, according to Mr. Woolsey and those who were briefed.

OK, I'm pretty sure this is a crime. Flynn is going to cut a deal, just watch.

kirblar

My conservative room mate was just arguing with me about the ACA/AHCA. He said privatized healthcare is superior, it's just costing too much because people use the ER as their doctor and don't pay which drives up the cost for everyone. Which I'm pretty sure is a fantastic argument for why UHC is better lol.
UHC and privatized healthcare are completely compatible tho.

UHC just means everyone has it. How you deliver that is another debate altogether.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise

Sounds like one of those "accounts of in-person meetings" coming to light that CNN said the FBI was reviewing.

UHC and privatized healthcare are completely compatible tho.

UHC just means everyone has it. How you deliver that is another debate altogether.

That's true. Israel has HMO's but UHC, so you can select your insurer and have options but everyone is covered. We were talking about Canada's system (we live in VT so it comes up a lot). He said his anecdotal evidence says it costs people more, according to "guys he knows our age who live there". Apparently pointing out it had universal acclaim up there (86.2% approve of it) didn't matter because MAH TAX DOLLARS.

That's true. Israel has HMO's but UHC, so you can select your insurer and have options but everyone is covered. We were talking about Canada's system (we live in VT so it comes up a lot). He said his anecdotal evidence says it costs people more, according to "guys he knows our age who live there". Apparently pointing out it had universal acclaim up there (86.2% approve of it) didn't matter because MAH TAX DOLLARS.

Yeah, they're crushed by the heavy burden.

yBQf74C.png

Also, on this image, they mixed it up. "USA" obviously means "Canada." Obviously. Because America is the best.

Huh I was using the NYT live tracker for votes and decided to look up some of the representatives and I didn't realize the Blue Dogs got like four new members out of 2016, including Crist lol.

lol Cheri Honkala lost the PA 197 race. Dem Emilio Vazquez won.

Emilio Vazquez (D) 1964
Cheri Honkala (G) 280

Not even close.

Cheri Honkala is the green party candidate. When have they ever won anything?

Lucinda Little was the republican and the only one actually on the ballot. She did sub green party numbers with 198 votes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom