• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT2| Well, maybe McMaster isn't a traitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn, I wanted them to vote. Those yes votes would have been really useful next year

Will Dems still be able to use this effectively during midterms?

Since they pulled the bill does it mean they are going to try to vote for it sometime later?

Not that bill, they actually started losing votes. That shits dead, and buried.

Damn, I wanted them to vote. Those yes votes would have been really useful next year

Will Dema still be able to use this effectively during midterms?

That probably was a reason for the pull, besides the fact that it was horrible. Those who voted yes, would've had a target on their backs.

Vixdean

Plenty of congress people on record saying they support the bill and if the Democrats can't spin this into a narrative that Republicans are ineffectual then they are worthless.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

It's going to be a lot harder to tie individual House members to this, but there's enough that came out in favor publicly that the Dems can hit.

Mike M

Nick N
Pulling the bill is almost as bad as it failing the vote, isn't it? Nobody goes on record for having supported it, but it still seems a resounding defeat.

teiresias

So did Trump become president today?

Dems need to start introducing ACA fix legislation ASAP, and completely decimating any GOP governers still not expanding Medicaid.

hoooo boy. The markets are gonna love this. The GOP will get nothing done this year.

Pulling the bill is almost as bad as it failing the vote, isn't it? Nobody goes on record for having supported it, but it still seems a resounding defeat.

Approving legislation that would kill people is probably worse but this still stings.

Not that bill, they actually started losing votes. That shits dead, and buried.

That probably was a reason for the pull, besides the fact that it was horrible. Those who voted yes, would've had a target on their backs.

Oh, so I guess they are going to try to make a different bill or move on to tax reform( more likely )?

I take great joy in telling you guys this...

FRzIpTi.jpg

Chumly

People are in for a rude awakening if they think tax reform is going to go any smoother. Far more complicated. Untold parties at stake. Especially if they think they are going to lower the corporate rate to 20%

Some one bathe the whitehouse with a large 'L' please. In LGBTQ colors for bonus points.

Oh, so I guess they are going to try to make a different bill or move on to tax reform( more likely they)?

They will need to move on. Healthcare reform will have to take a backseat.

Slizeezyc

Both outcomes are shit for them, but still have to think not being officially on the record with a vote on this abomination is still better.

Except they are. Even though they didn't vote for it a lot of them still defended it in the debate on the House floor earlier.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Curious to see if they set another date, or make it "to be determined".

Slizeezyc

So what can they do? GOP Senate and House and they can't do shit?

They could have brute forced stuff with reconciliation if they weren't incompetent, they'll actually have to negotiate to get other stuff done now. The issue is they have to make a choice: abandon the Tea Party so you can get some moderate Dems and Repubs, or beg and plead every moderate Repub to fall in line while getting what's more or less becoming a third party (Tea Party) that is wildly unpopular on a national level to give every legislation a stamp of approval.

If they couldn't even get all Repubs to fall in line here, they'll now need to figure out where they want to go since this was a losing tactic on this front.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
Trump isn't bringing up healthcare again anytime soon per @costareports

https://twitter.com/KatyTurNBC/status/845361697099517955

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA

Trump will continue to get financial reports on the Trump Organization

President Donald Trump's son Eric Trump will provide his father with financial reports regarding Trump Organization, according to a report from Forbes.

"Yeah, on the bottom line, profitability reports and stuff like that, but you know, that's about it," Eric Trump said despite previously echoing his father's sentiments that he will not be involved in the business during his presidency.

The younger Trump said he would issue these reports "probably quarterly," according to Forbes.

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/03/24/trump-actually-will-be-involved-in-trump-organization.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom